Jump to content
goughy

What does your workplace look like today?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, A2K said:

At my work the closest I come to a crocodile is on free dress Friday when I wear my Polo. 

Yeah, and we don't even have alligator clips any more now that we've gone paperless. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Paul Every said:

At our work, we just share the same couple of crocodiles. It's not like we each have our own crocodile.

I don't mind it either.

What about if you work from home? 
Do you need to have your own croc at home? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, roxii said:

What about if you work from home? 
Do you need to have your own croc at home? 

Sometimes it's exhausting if you have to take your work home with you.

(NB. Photo not from current employment.)

image.thumb.jpeg.8f0100c365b44bcb486501f17edd474c.jpeg

Edited by Paul Every
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

Sometimes it's exhausting if you have to take your work with you.

(NB. Photo not from current employment.)

image.thumb.jpeg.8f0100c365b44bcb486501f17edd474c.jpeg

What kind of little person you got in there Paul?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Prince said:

IMG_2532.jpg.8015096e19f3750f83ab5c0af90d26e2.jpg

I used to sit behind that window you can see across the road Prince. I'm upstairs now & on the other side of the building. It was certainly an interesting couple of years when they knocked down the old law courts and dug that bloody big hole, then started building up from the bottom.

My view now includes the old SGIO building, so I'm looking forward to eventually watching them bring that one down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I used to sit behind that window you can see across the road Prince. I'm upstairs now & on the other side of the building. It was certainly an interesting couple of years when they knocked down the old law courts and dug that bloody big hole, then started building up from the bottom.

My view now includes the old SGIO building, so I'm looking forward to eventually watching them bring that one down.

hey cool, yes, the company i work for owns the 300 george st block. We have just finished the commercial building and expect the resi apartments to be finished 2021. i am in there today doing some interviews without much success. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today it's looking like this

 

IMG_20191105_090240.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Um, I haven't started it yet 😮

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, goughy said:

Um, I haven't started it yet 😮

LOL! Well, I still think it looks lovely. 

What is the plan for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full lounge suite of it, strip it back to the bones and start fresh.  Will be like a new suite when finished, only better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what you find in grandma's old chairs!  This part of the stuffing under the sides of the seat section is made up of scraps they would have swept up of the floor, then packed into the sides of the seat.

IMG_20191105_115802.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the wind we have here, I've got a scared Golden Retriever under my desk hiding from the noise.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Goughy - seen any of the traditional horse hair stuffing?

Used to keep it when I found it in a chair, but don't bother anymore.  Don't come across it much these days.  Mostly coconut fibre, which I still use. In traditional old chairs, I find a mix of the old and the new gives you the best high quality chair.  I've done a few full coconut fibre seat pads with hand stitched edge rolls, and still hand stitch the edge rolls on chairs with sprung edges.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are a couple I finished recently.  The floral one is a chair from Fantastic Furniture!  The fabric they've put on it would cost about 3 times what the chair did new.  Rebuilt the seat framework, tidied and braced it all up, added piping trims.

The other suite is a 100+ year old club suite with sprung arms.  A customer of mine who was going to get it upholstered anyway (I'd already priced it) when they had a water leak at their house and I've of the arm chairs ended up with a tiny bit of mould on the dust cover underneath it.  The insurance company insisted that the entire thing needed to be redone!  They were kinda happy about that!

MVIMG_20191105_085833.jpg

IMG_20191003_161030.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting for a train, so sussing some easy to get to dive spots from the little boat!  Looks like a very blue bone ish area.  Hopefully work don’t have (or don’t enforce) an exclusion zone from the water.  I’ll find out on Friday if a boat comes over and asks me to leave 😂

AC7DFA68-18DD-453E-91F9-189B674119BA.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a training course for the last two days at work.

Two days of fondling venomous snakes!

OK, there was more to it than that. Theory covering venom toxicology, bite first aid, species behaviour, handling and restraint techniques, equipment, etc. Excellent presenter with a load of interesting critters.....eastern browns, gwardars, tiger snakes, death adder, red-bellies, pale-headed, mulga snake, curl snake.....

I love my job. :)

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/10/2019 at 9:30 AM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

My desk is a bit messy, but this is the view when I turn around.

DSC_2976.thumb.JPG.5c74e65e867f7dc5680021277faf25a5.JPG

 

I just noticed this right outside as well. The photo isn't great, as it's just an old phone, though a flyscreen, and the glare is bad, but that nest wasn't there yesterday. I wondered why they were noisier than normal today.

DSC_2977.thumb.JPG.0946f5078235902f26b3cb767b1a63ec.JPG

We've got babies. :)

DSC00105.thumb.JPG.4e35d9bd444835b3824b6423226eebf5.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That polished concrete?  My wife wishes we had that instead of tiles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Serious question- is there a benefit of one over the other or does it come down to personal choice? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep polished concrete

its how I earn a crust these days

once you’ve got it, you will never go back to another floor again

easiest floor to keep clean and the hardest wearing

will last as long as the house and needs very little maintenance 

much harder than tiles so you can’t chip it and there is no grout lines to get dirty 

works out cheaper too

Edited by Mr Tinman
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Paul Every said:

We had a training course for the last two days at work.

Two days of fondling venomous snakes!

OK, there was more to it than that. Theory covering venom toxicology, bite first aid, species behaviour, handling and restraint techniques, equipment, etc. Excellent presenter with a load of interesting critters.....eastern browns, gwardars, tiger snakes, death adder, red-bellies, pale-headed, mulga snake, curl snake.....

I love my job. :)

 

 

Im more than a teeny weeny bit jealous of you doing that training course! Snakes fascinate me whereas spiders scare me me whitless!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not these days, but this is what my workplace used to look like.

Sometimes I miss it, but then I think about how my legs used to ache after a long ride, then a day up the tower. :)

image.thumb.png.b5a6d6ee0947453d1a04b800c86ab5a2.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Not these days, but this is what my workplace used to look like.

Sometimes I miss it, but then I think about how my legs used to ache after a long ride, then a day up the tower. :)

image.thumb.png.b5a6d6ee0947453d1a04b800c86ab5a2.png

Just no. 

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Katz said:

Just no. 

No.

But it was fun. :) These days there is so much safety gear you can't get your job done. In my early days before I started working on the towers I used to climb them for exercise in my lunch break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no.

I struggle riding my bike over a freeway overpass on a windy day for fear of falling off. Climbing that thing, safety gear or not, would not understand any circumstances be what I would consider 'fun'. 

You people who aren't terrified of heights are a mystery to me. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Katz said:

Still no.

I struggle riding my bike over a freeway overpass on a windy day for fear of falling off. Climbing that thing, safety gear or not, would not understand any circumstances be what I would consider 'fun'. 

You people who aren't terrified of heights are a mystery to me. :)

This one's for you Katz. A bigger bunch of rogues & misfits you'll never meet, but they were all great guys.

image.thumb.png.1937184915d1f26184844a63a4ac8207.png

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

This one's for you Katz. A bigger bunch of rogues & misfits you'll never meet, but they were all great guys.

image.thumb.png.1937184915d1f26184844a63a4ac8207.png

 

Oh fark that. LOL

That is making me feel nauseous just looking at it.🤢

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're not alone Katz 🤢

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering that I resigned 3 weeks ago and I've had 0 work related emails into my inbox since Wednesday lunchtime,  my biggest issue at the moment is "Where are my sunnies?😎"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/11/2019 at 3:37 PM, -- AJ -- said:

Considering that I resigned 3 weeks ago and I've had 0 work related emails into my inbox since Wednesday lunchtime,  my biggest issue at the moment is "Where are my sunnies?😎"

Gotta say that I could get used to being unemployed.  

AJ (10 years to retirement...and counting)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2019 at 10:23 AM, goughy said:

Today it's looking like this

 

IMG_20191105_090240.jpg

 

On 05/11/2019 at 10:32 AM, Katz said:

That's lovely Goughy.

Looks a little different now @Katz  The pattern matching nearly sent me insane.  Another single and a 3 seater with it.

 

IMG_20191125_110955.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, goughy said:

 

Looks a little different now @Katz  The pattern matching nearly sent me insane.  Another single and a 3 seater with it.

 

IMG_20191125_110955.jpg

You do impressive work Goughy. That's gorgeous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Katz said:

You do impressive work Goughy. 

You said that about the one he hadn’t started! 🤣

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tyno said:

You said that about the one he hadn’t started! 🤣

Well yes, that is true because I thought it looked good. But now I've seen his finished work, it's really really good! :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2019 at 2:33 PM, Surfer said:

Goughy - seen any of the traditional horse hair stuffing?

@Surfer; you asked?

 

IMG_20191201_093944.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...