goughy

What does your workplace look like today?

It's pretty clean compared to normal

PANO_20191017_082122.vr.jpg

My desk is a bit messy, but this is the view when I turn around.

DSC_2976.thumb.JPG.5c74e65e867f7dc5680021277faf25a5.JPG

I just noticed this right outside as well. The photo isn't great, as it's just an old phone, though a flyscreen, and the glare is bad, but that nest wasn't there yesterday. I wondered why they were noisier than normal today.

DSC_2977.thumb.JPG.0946f5078235902f26b3cb767b1a63ec.JPG

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

This is my workplace. And our toilets are Japanese style, heated seats and with lots of strange 'functions'.

office.jpg

Does strange mean "enjoyable"???

1 hour ago, goughy said:

Explains why so many people spend so much time in there 😋

2 hours ago, A2K said:

This is my workplace. And our toilets are Japanese style, heated seats and with lots of strange 'functions'.

office.jpg

The lady looks like she is reading one of Ironjimbo's posts...

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, A2K said:

office.jpg

I need ear plugs and music to work that close to people a lot of the time

1 minute ago, Merv said:

I need ear plugs and music to work that close to people a lot of the time

yeah a lot of people do that. I do too sometimes when someone nearby is on a call and wearing headphones they don't realise how loud they're talking 😡

5 hours ago, goughy said:

You be the judge. And no I haven't tried them out 😋

japan.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, A2K said:

You be the judge. And no I haven't tried them out 😋

japan.jpg

You should, Japanese style toilets are awesome. At least yours have English labels - it's much more a lottery in Japanese.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Katz said:

In front of me and behind me. 

022FBFB8-6ABA-478E-A4EA-68D4B3DBFC1A.jpeg

8E9896CC-ED21-4033-8832-6704BAE80D32.jpeg

Never trust a person with a clean desk...

I only started this week. I still haven't been told what the 'senior' wants me to be doing. lol

Just to piss off one the more disliked bosses, someone removed every key from his pad and replaced them in reverse order.

It's a work in progress. I get one WFH day a week.  Yes, that's a serving hatch in the wall, no we don't have ducks on the wall, we may or may not live next to Hyacinth Bucket though. :lol:

20191017_101409.jpg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Looks great from behind

Great out of context quotes of our times 🤣

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, FatPom said:

we may or may not live next to Hyacinth Bucket though.

That's Bouquet you fool.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I can’t take photos at work 

Yep I’m not “allowed” and then if I was allowed I’d have to fill out a JSEA and obtain a Cold Work Clearance and a Hot Work Clearance with the appropriate standby man. 

Not really worth it sorry 😐 

5 hours ago, trinube said:

You should, Japanese style toilets are awesome. At least yours have English labels - it's much more a lottery in Japanese.

They have those in Korea, every trip is a school day. :lol:

5 hours ago, Katz said:

I'd be getting you to correct that  error in the XLS on your desk. 

Edited by FatPom
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nealo said:

Yep I’m not “allowed” and then if I was allowed I’d have to fill out a JSEA and obtain a Cold Work Clearance and a Hot Work Clearance with the appropriate standby man. 

Sounds like a gas plant, except we weren’t allowed phones etc

• Like 1

My workplace today featured a newly arrived 400kg saltwater croc, a vet appointment for a frill-necked lizard and feeding the venomous snakes.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Paul Every said:

My workplace today featured a newly arrived 400kg saltwater croc, a vet appointment for a frill-necked lizard and feeding the venomous snakes.

Sounds like one of our SteerCo meetings. :lol:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Paul Every said:

photo or it didn't happen.  whoops, that's Strava.  Sorry 🤣

And this is my Desk today.

DSC_2982.thumb.JPG.7bd85730e2302ba938cdde5afd05988f.JPG

And this is out the window beside me.

DSC_2983.thumb.JPG.9949072baaca244cb64e963b4aac33e1.JPG

The brick church with the white steeple is where I got married 27 years ago.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Paul Every said:

Same ..... nearly.  I operate a home office out of a granny flat in my backyard.  Just waiting for the red belly sunning himself at my back door to stop smiling at me and move on so I can go out and have some lunch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Katz said:

Where do you work Katz? I'm up the hill in QV1.

40 minutes ago, lawman said:

Same ..... nearly.  I operate a home office out of a granny flat in my backyard.  Just waiting for the red belly sunning himself at my back door to stop smiling at me and move on so I can go out and have some lunch.

Still there, still looking at me!  You know how they test the air with their tongues .... I actually think they are just licking their lips.  

Dude, piss off, I'm hungry.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Where do you work Katz? I'm up the hill in QV1.

I'm down the road across from the Duxton.

5 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

And this is my Desk today.

DSC_2982.thumb.JPG.7bd85730e2302ba938cdde5afd05988f.JPG

And this is out the window beside me.

DSC_2983.thumb.JPG.9949072baaca244cb64e963b4aac33e1.JPG

The brick church with the white steeple is where I got married 27 years ago.

Was that wired mouse a wedding present? :wink3:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, FatPom said:

Was that wired mouse a wedding present? :wink3:

Unfortunately with the move to FWoW seating, work has to accommodate the lowest common denominator, which is laptops that can't support a wireless mouse, so every desk has the wired mouse. There's probably also the issue of mice going missing if they weren't attached to something.

There's even a bloody keyboard supplied, but I refrain from touching that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Unfortunately with the move to FWoW seating, work has to accommodate the lowest common denominator, which is laptops that can't support a wireless mouse, so every desk has the wired mouse. There's probably also the issue of mice going missing if they weren't attached to something.

There's even a bloody keyboard supplied, but I refrain from touching that.

We haven't quite gone that far yet but some s/w has been loaded that sends up alarms if we plug in any kind of USB drive and will result in you reconsidering your career options!

Just when I started here, lots of folks were bemoaning the fact that IT had cleaned all the laptops of the program that wiggles your mouse to keep you active in Skype. :lol:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, nealo said:

This is why the building industry is farked these days. Our weekly progress meeting gets taken up by the HSE section for 75% of the meeting, and progress and issues for probably 10%. Talking shit about replacing toilet paper and soap and why it goes so fast - they don't believe me the Indian labour take it home or sell it. Then I get told by the Consultant I need to train them to wash their hands and not steal stuff...WTF! I'm not their mother.

Oh...and those cigarette buts that aren't put in the bins make the place untidy. Or, I need to put a Work Instruction up and how to use a Bench Drill. Fark off.

Sorry... had to let it out. Easy being a Consultant telling people what to do and making reports for a living - you know, not having to actually do anything or contribute to the project. Having Contractors spend money on shit they don't need or make any money from.

One more project and its time to give it away.  

• Like 4

On 17/10/2019 at 11:15 AM, A2K said:

office.jpg

LOL.  I watched a movie the other night, complicated story, but a Frenchwoman encountering a toilet that played Mozart and squirted her in the face as she was getting too curious was priceless.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, softy said:

This is why the building industry is farked these days. Our weekly progress meeting gets taken up by the HSE section for 75% of the meeting, and progress and issues for probably 10%. Talking shit about replacing toilet paper and soap and why it goes so fast - they don't believe me the Indian labour take it home or sell it. Then I get told by the Consultant I need to train them to wash their hands and not steal stuff...WTF! I'm not their mother.

Oh...and those cigarette buts that aren't put in the bins make the place untidy. Or, I need to put a Work Instruction up and how to use a Bench Drill. Fark off.

Sorry... had to let it out. Easy being a Consultant telling people what to do and making reports for a living - you know, not having to actually do anything or contribute to the project. Having Contractors spend money on shit they don't need or make any money from.

One more project and its time to give it away.  

So true, when I worked in the LNG industry, the amount of bullshit we had to listen too before we actually did something meaningful was crazy.  

then when the guys needed to do a simple 5 minute job, it could take 3-4 days to actually get a permit to enable them to start.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, softy said:

I was a compliance officer at one stage. I hated the job. I could see what needed to be done by the guys on the tools, but there were so many impediments in their way it was a joke. Some are worth-while, if they get you home alive, but I remember an experience when we had an auditor come in to a work-site one day. Everything went great, until they got to the vehicle and pinged us for it being dirty.

FFS. Brisbane was at its highest water restrictions in my lifetime. We had a policy not to waste water washing vehicles. 

33 minutes ago, KieranR said:

So true, when I worked in the LNG industry, the amount of bullshit we had to listen too before we actually did something meaningful was crazy.  

We've had $5k jobs that have been costed at $20k due to the induction training courses we've had to do to get on site. And that's just to put a card into a piece of equipment in the comms room on the LNG site. Why do you have to go through a 4 day induction to do a 15 minute job inside a sealed room?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tortoise said:

LOL.  I watched a movie the other night, complicated story, but a Frenchwoman encountering a toilet that played Mozart and squirted her in the face as she was getting too curious was priceless.  

Movie name please.

1 hour ago, Fitness Buddy said:

This is my workplaces.  

2 gyms 

1 spending time watching clients playing tennis 

20191018_135946.jpg

InstaSaveUnavailable InstaSaveUnavailable

I’ve often wondered, are you actually allowed to take shoes off in the gym? Our gym says on the door that shows must be worn.  Where does one stand if they take them off and drop some weights on their foot crushing toes

6 hours ago, KieranR said:

I’ve often wondered, are you actually allowed to take shoes off in the gym? Our gym says on the door that shows must be worn.  Where does one stand if they take them off and drop some weights on their foot crushing toes

Unless they have Steele capped sneakers I could never see the point of them claiming this argument. I'd often deadlift in socks. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, KieranR said:

As More said unless you have steel caps on a bit of fabric is not going to protect. 

Feet need to freedom to work without the controlling nature of a shoe.  

Gyms have some stupid rules and this is one of them.  The other is no towel no training.  I have spoken to manager many times that a towel gets sweaty and then you go and wipe a piece of equipment with sweaty towel.  Most gyms have wet wipes now.  

3 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

As More said unless you have steel caps on a bit of fabric is not going to protect. 

Feet need to freedom to work without the controlling nature of a shoe.  

Gyms have some stupid rules and this is one of them.  The other is no towel no training.  I have spoken to manager many times that a towel gets sweaty and then you go and wipe a piece of equipment with sweaty towel.  Most gyms have wet wipes now.  

Our gym has wet wipes, pitty a whole lot of users have their heads to far up their arse to be considerate to others and actually use them

the other thing that shits me is some will be using a machine or bench and put their towel on another bit of equipment, but then spend ten minutes on their phone, I took a towel off the other week and used a machine. Nearly got my head kicked in 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, KieranR said:

Our gym has wet wipes, pitty a whole lot of users have their heads to far up their arse to be considerate to others and actually use them

the other thing that shits me is some will be using a machine or bench and put their towel on another bit of equipment, but then spend ten minutes on their phone, I took a towel off the other week and used a machine. Nearly got my head kicked in 😂😂😂

Yep pet peeve of mine.  I generally just approach them and say are you training or playing with your phone.  

On 17/10/2019 at 10:15 AM, A2K said:

office.jpg

Does that lady need glasses?