Katz

Stikman for Pres!

People of WA, lend me your ears.

Stikman is running for the TWA board and we need your vote.

If you're attending, please vote for Stikky. If you're not, we are currently collecting proxy forms. They need to be in by the end of the week but I am planning on submitting them all on Wednesday and if you want to take advantage of the offer for someone from the Perth Hills Tri Club to carry your proxy, message me and I can sort it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seriously. Good luck Stikman. You’re passionate about the sport and have a great woman behind ya. So I’m sure you will do a great job 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Wronggenes said:

As a member of the board - what will be your priorities Stikky?

Course cutting.

1 hour ago, Wronggenes said:

As a member of the board - what will be your priorities Stikky?

Supporting the grass roots of the sport and creating real value for members.  Moving away from the self-serving decisions of the current crop.  Simply just doing what I think is best for the sport in WA.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Oompa Loompa said:

Good luck Stikman, thankless task. 

Which is why we need people that care on there, whether me or others that's what matters. 

I remember when we intervened on one prominent race director in nsw, that is no longer involved in the sport,  and will remain nameless.  He was making serious coin on swim caps, t shirts and hoodies provided as part of the entry process. 

Good luck on that value proposition for the members. 

Good on you Stickman 

Make Triathlon Great Again! 😉

Edited by IronJimbo
It was James Comey

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Good on you Stickman 

Male Triathlon Great Again! 😉

Sexist

Well female triathlon is in pretty good nick at the moment, it's the blokes letting the side down.

17 hours ago, Oompa Loompa said:

I remember when we intervened on one prominent race director in nsw, that is no longer involved in the sport,  and will remain nameless.  He was making serious coin on swim caps, t shirts and hoodies provided as part of the entry process. 

Good luck on that value proposition for the members. 

I like oompah was on the trinsw board for far too long. 

I was the secretary.  Not sure what OL was now. 

Gee I blew so much personal time on working for trinsw. 

Easily 20 plus hours a week. Would have been much more without the help from nick mounting at the time. 

Just be aware of the time that’s required.  You basically won’t race the whole time you are in office.  Yet you’ll attend heaps of events. Volunteering. 

Whilst he is nominating for a Board Position he is not running for President.

At Saturdays AGM the members vote for the nominees not for the positions....The elected Board then decide on the President/Vice president at the first board meeting after the AGM.

This is how the TWA constitution works.

Stickman you need to bring yourself up to speed on how it differs to club level.

35 minutes ago, Triatx said:

At Saturdays AGM the members vote for the nominees not for the positions....The elected Board then decide on the President/Vice president at the first board meeting after the AGM.

Stickman you need to bring yourself up to speed on how it differs to club level.

There goes the First Lady aspirations. :no:

Seriously, good luck with it.

49 minutes ago, Triatx said:

That was my 'joke' for thread title purposes. 

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I assumed it was a play on the word "MAKE" nothing sexist about it.

Yeah I was being facetious. I need to use emoticons more 😋

1 hour ago, Triatx said:

Sounds like a tory right wing anointing of unrepresentative swill rather then allowing the members self determination. Could be how you wrote it though. 

Make Triathlon Great Again...... return the sport to the members, support democracy, vote stikman.  The people’s president, the true president, the president in waiting, the president of the people. 

3 hours ago, Triatx said:

Once he's nominated though, surely the rest would be a fait accompli?

I mean, who else is there?

9 minutes ago, Katz said:

If he ends up President, I might just kill him.

Katz Wilkes Booth?

12 minutes ago, Katz said:

If he ends up President, I might just kill him.

I'm now thinking bout donating my $$ & joining TRI WA just so I can vote for him to be the president

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Katz Wilkes Booth?

Certainly has a ring to it.

2 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I'm now thinking bout donating my $$ & joining TRI WA just so I can vote for him to be the president

Save your money. I wouldn't really kill him. Probably just shout at him a lot.

3 minutes ago, Katz said:

Save your money. I wouldn't really kill him. Probably just shout at him a lot.

So, BAU then?

12 hours ago, Katz said:

He "stepped down" for reasons that have remained undisclosed.  It was unfortunate because he was trying to make a lot of positive changes and was popular with the membership.  David Martin is the current president with the unelected member Steve Norton as his vice.

16 hours ago, Triatx said:

@Triatx I'm fairly well across it already.  Trust me, I have a much deeper understanding of the TWA (and TA) constitution and policies as well as the Associations Incorporation Act than some of the board.  I have no aspirations of being president and I'm certainly not doing it for any glory.  Besides which @Katz would definitely follow through with the threat of shouting at me a lot, possibly the murder bit too.  She is a formidable woman!

• Like 2

Currently we have more proxies than attendees to carry them.

He will only need about 3 votes to get on the committee

Stickman

Whilst Ross may well have had the best intrests of the sport at heart {and he and I have had many discussions about it since his removal}there are ways to go about things that still follow procedure that would have led to less anguish at board level.

You cannot as President make decisions on your own or do things without board approval.{despite the fact that Ross may have been frustrated with his board its not on}He went Rogue and as such was given a choice to step down or be removed .He decided to step down but remain a board member and sit back ,listen and learn.This was the right choice because he can be a valuable member and bring a lot to the sport.

Steve Norton is an appointed member and didn't need to be voted in.The board is able to appoint 2 additional members to the board if and when they see fit.

The issue with the current board is that apart from Steve Norton you have very little in the way of retained memory.Most of the board are 3 to 4 year people with some only having 2 years experience.When you have the issues the board has had this year such as the 70.3 discussions you don't have the background to be able to make a quick and correct decision as was seen this year.

Additionally it took an awful long time until the current board reached out to the former board people who had the experience to provide some input.{this was despite a number of offers}What happens in all walks of life is that the new kids on the block feel they would be showing a weakness by asking for assistance.

49 minutes ago, Oompa Loompa said:

Did Stikman win yet ? 

Waiting for this result is slower the Brexit?  

He'll be right, just as long as he didn't call anyone deplorable 

AGM is at 3pm today.

I promise there will be an update as soon as there is a confirmed result.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

And....... @17:58

It's still last (week/month/year/century) in Perth :D

3 minutes ago, Tyno said:

It's still last (week/month/year/century) in Perth :D

A recount was required, they had to send out for another abacus 

The bloody president's report went for an hour (it felt like). I'm at home. Left him there. I had to get home to meet an electrician who is completing our air con install (who is now 49 minutes late). No word from the voting room as yet.

It’s WA they will have to recount, check everyone crossed all the timing mats and check ids and birth certificates before calling correct weight. 

Just on the board. At the next board meeting the board will vote for positions. 

Edited by Katz
To correct brain-fart
  • Like 2

Now for the hard work.  And I will not be sticking my hand up for the top job, let's be very clear about that.