Sign in to follow this  
AA7

Next Big Thing in IM

1 hour ago, AA7 said:

Sebi had these on apparently

https://www.omius.io/

hang on.  I just need to get out of my Ironman bed/mattress and put on my balance band with my trucker hat and my Newtons and then get on my ventum thats 18% faster than other bikes and use my blow up compression boots and drink some chocolate milk with my rudy readers to read your article that was published on ironman.com

• Haha 3

Actually they nearly all had them on as a head band. I’m sure TO had one as well, and I think from memory it was Skipper that did as well. I was trying to figure out what Sebi had in his forearms. I saw him adjusting a strap like thing heading to an aid station, and wondered if he had a wristband that held ice?

The cooling effect is optimized when air flows across the cooling material so do not cover the headband.  The cooling effect will last for as long as the cooling material has moisture.

So it's just a headband with a bit extra surface area for water to evaporate from. And just $150.

Bargain

Would you like to buy a bridge?!

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

12 hours ago, Peter said:

hang on.  I just need to get out of my Ironman bed/mattress and put on my balance band with my trucker hat and my Newtons and then get on my ventum thats 18% faster than other bikes and use my blow up compression boots and drink some chocolate milk with my rudy readers to read your article that was published on ironman.com

Does anyone other than Crowie wear Newtons any more?

1 hour ago, The new guy said:

Actually they nearly all had them on as a head band. I’m sure TO had one as well, and I think from memory it was Skipper that did as well. I was trying to figure out what Sebi had in his forearms. I saw him adjusting a strap like thing heading to an aid station, and wondered if he had a wristband that held ice?

Well it didn’t work for any of them. Jan was the winner without it.

I just read the details on this thing :

Q long will it last ?

A Short answer it’s a prototype so we don’t know but we welcome your feedback ....

say what ? No reference to money back if it only lasts a week or so . Also you have to continually keep it wet - so need to tip water over it regularly 

bag of ice on the back of the neck would do the same job.  What a rip off.  The company should do very well 😂😂

On 14/10/2019 at 9:26 AM, Peter said:

Before the evolution of the sport to these lofty heights, we had the original ironman, our very own AP, with his worming.  Nothing better than a good worming for peak conditioning.  

35 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Slight topic change .. where is AP? I hope he isnt ill.

Maybe going through withdrawal after not racing Kona. 

On 13/10/2019 at 11:26 PM, Peter said:

pah Rudys, Foster Grants is where it's at now. Yeah Foster Grants, you remember them right, apparently they're still around AND they have money.  Tell your grandparents, actually they'll probably already know. 😎

On 14/10/2019 at 12:36 PM, IronmanFoz said:

Well it didn’t work for any of them. Jan was the winner without it.

Annie haug had one around her head. I've placed my order for 10 of them.

15 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Annie haug had one around her head. I've placed my order for 10 of them.

I prefer to work for my watts. I’ll just get up at 2am

Just now, Bored@work said:

I prefer to work for my watts. I’ll just get up at 2am

But what if it's not raining?