Notsofast

Nepean 2019

10 minutes ago, Flanman said:

55+ men’s wave at Nepean last Sunday...

FM

E15E2D62-FD29-4CEB-8F0E-1554783FD36E.jpeg

No wonder Zed was worried about getting DQed. :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flanman said:

55+ men’s wave at Nepean last Sunday...

FM

E15E2D62-FD29-4CEB-8F0E-1554783FD36E.jpeg

Is this what happens when they stop providing swim caps? 

Eyes up eyes up

Edited by Turts
  • Haha 2

For those who have not met me or Flanman. He is the tall one on the left and I am very close behind him 😀

Edited by Mr Flower
  • Thanks 1

It may have been after the first lap. On the way back out after passing the finish line, you have to loop right up back towards transition. It’s about 200 metres up then back across the bridge This is about the only place you could stuff up. 

FM

2 minutes ago, Flanman said:

It may have been after the first lap. On the way back out after passing the finish line, you have to loop right up back towards transition. It’s about 200 metres up then back across the bridge This is about the only place you could stuff up. 

FM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  Pretty hard otherwise to cut two laps of the lake short!

So I have been advised through sources that a wrong turn was taken where I said. Some discrepancy whether they were told by a Marshall to “turn left” or “keep left” .

FM

We used to complete random testing back in the 90s while I was on the committee of the Vanuatu Triathlon Association. 

A chosen person would have to pee in a cup then take a swig. If they spat it out, you were deemed positive. If you swallowed- negative. 
We only banned one person. Not for spitting it out but for drinking the whole lot then asking for more. 
FM

2 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

I guess it helps if you know the course being a repeat attendee, as the course maps do not show it correctly:

https://nepeantriathlon.com.au/nepean-triathlon/

I wonder what course map they had up on the boards on site? Those ones are not clear. I do not have the briefing pack either as I was not a competitor.

On 01/11/2019 at 2:27 PM, MissJess said:

I wonder what course map they had up on the boards on site? Those ones are not clear. I do not have the briefing pack either as I was not a competitor.

The AIG just refers you to the website for the maps. No maps were in the guide.

https://nepeantriathlon.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Instructions-Nepean-2019.pdf

I feel very sorry for the athletes also, because the typical standing order is that it doesn't matter what the officials do etc that may mislead the athlete, the athlete is always responsible as it is their responsibility to know the course. The map on the website which I have copied below, I suspect is what they may have run. If it isn't what they ran, whatever they did run couldn't have been cutting the course unless they started swimming. The official course map doesn't include the course doing the little turnaround at all, it appears to start from the run out at Transition and thenjust do a straight loop in the shortest possible manner. So from what I can see, the leading athletes did know the course and didn't cut it.

But, where it gets interesting, and makes me believe that the 2 lead athletes have a case, is that if you look at my Garmin map below, you can see in the area that is discrepent, the actual course as laid out and run by the balance of the competitors who completed, it's not even the same course as marked, it takes a completely different route and follows the swim exit.

Not that it affects me, and I don't know those who were affected, but it looks to me like the 2 that were disqualified probably shouldn't have been.

Clipboard02.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

I must say I was surprised when finishing first lap that we had that extra section as I planned on just continuing over bridge. I didnt bother me as it was well marked but I do question if they may have rectified the barriers after the first 2 went through??

NSF