Sign in to follow this  
Notsofast

Nepean 2019

Hi all,

I am in for my second ever Oly (first at Nepean). I have raced WS70.3 a couple of times so reasonably familiar with the course. 

Last year 70.3 was a wetsuit swim for the first time. What are the chances of a wetty swim this year?

Cheers

NSF

Firstly Nepean isn't an Olympic. Secondly, wettie swim currently looking good with current water temp of 15 degrees at 1.2m according to regatta website

• Thanks 1

Also a completely different bike - it’s through the industrial suburb next door - great fun with lots of 90° corners, but not as fast as WS70.3

26th and 27th October. Enticers and kids on the 26th in the afternoon, club distance in the morning of the 27th.

I'll be there as a TO in training, our course is in the morning and I'll be doing field of play in the afternoon and the next morning. If the fiance is uninjured (he hurt his arm in Berlin on a E-Bike), he will do the enticer.

• Like 1

I'm in. Just started training this week after four weeks off.

First one was in the early nineties - swimming in the river, riding 40 kms including the freeway and a bloody hard 12 km hill run.

Looking forward to catching up with a few of you (not Greenpeace though).

FM

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flanman said:

First one was in the early nineties - swimming in the river, riding 40 kms including the freeway and a bloody hard 12 km hill run.

Yup the good old days....1990 edition was my first Tri....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Flanman said:

I'm in. Just started training this week after four weeks off.

Looking forward to catching up with a few of you (not Greenpeace though).

FM

Nepean was the first race I traveled interstate for back in about '86. Overnight bus to Sydney, early arrival & train to Penrith, then start the race an hour later. Just enough time to put the bike together. Then back on the train, and back in Sydney in time to get the bus home. I honestly don't know how I did it in those days.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Firstly Nepean isn't an Olympic. Secondly, wettie swim currently looking good with current water temp of 15 degrees at 1.2m according to regatta website

Wow, thanks BF, I hadn’t checked and thought it was an Oly 😂😂. I am usually very well researched on this type of thing (a mate said do you want to come and I said yeah, why not). You have made me a very happy man, my training has been very sparotic at best. 

No need to swim in the morning now 😎

Anyway, thanks for water temp. Better purchase that new wetty now

Cheers

NSF

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Flanman said:

Yep, I did it in 1994 and it was one of the first races I ever did.  I had a great time and it was the first time I came across the amazing Ched Towns.  Have made the 10 hour round trip to race there several times since then.

Won't be there this year, but hope everyone has a great race!

• Like 2

On 03/10/2019 at 6:39 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Nepean was the first race I traveled interstate for back in about '86. Overnight bus to Sydney, early arrival & train to Penrith, then start the race an hour later. Just enough time to put the bike together. Then back on the train, and back in Sydney in time to get the bus home. I honestly don't know how I did it in those days.

Did that a time or two, into Roma St at 6:30 and then at work at 7:30 (those were hard days,  esp after a 52 min (had a cold) city to surf )