Jump to content
wombattri

Busso 2019

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Crowies crushed nuts said:

So much for not being able to handle the heat and iron distance.  

Only an uneducated person has made comments about AB not hacking the heat. 

He farking won gold in Brazil in 42c heat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Humdrum is the TO

Ah, maybe they should have more than one then? If the drafting you repeatedly mention is so rife? 

 

(In context, I am also a TO and have done events with humdrum. Thus is a snarky remark and not a reflection on humdrum)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Turts said:

Ah, maybe they should have more than one then? If the drafting you repeatedly mention is so rife? 

 

(In context, I am also a TO and have done events with humdrum. Thus is a snarky remark and not a reflection on humdrum)

more than one TO? who ever said there was only one?  Yes, I know I typed she was "the" TO.

Maybe I should have said 

Humdrum is a one of many TOs out on the course. I hope she is able to stamp out the drafting that occurs during Ironman races. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

more than one TO? who ever said there was only one?  Yes, I know I typed she was "the" TO.

Maybe I should have said 

Humdrum is a one of many TOs out on the course. I hope she is able to stamp out the drafting that occurs during Ironman races. 

It's a mass participation event. No one cares about the rules just their own progress. It doesn't matter any more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

more than one TO? who ever said there was only one?  Yes, I know I typed she was "the" TO.

Maybe I should have said 

Humdrum is a one of many TOs out on the course. I hope she is able to stamp out the drafting that occurs during Ironman races. 

There ya go. 

Words are power  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you haven't been here, raced on the 90k lap course with a rolling start and have a chip on your shoulder about this race, maybe just keep your well educated opinion to yourself?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a monumental battle happening out there 

 

Ratty is a bit up the road from Kieran... 

 

Kieran has a better pace going at the moment 

 

Will there be a shoulder to shoulder, moob to moob battle on the Busselton foreshore 🤔😳😳😳😎

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Turts said:

There ya go. 

Words are power  

 

9 minutes ago, Jim Shortz said:

@Stikman waiting for Katz out of T2?

 

Any spotters in the area? 

That's really cool.  One of the thing I like about the sport. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jim Shortz said:

There's a monumental battle happening out there 

 

Ratty is a bit up the road from Kieran... 

 

Kieran has a better pace going at the moment 

 

Will there be a shoulder to shoulder, moob to moob battle on the Busselton foreshore 🤔😳😳😳😎

They will walk it in together.  Odds on they cross the line together holding hands. 

3 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

how can a multiple loop course finishing at the same place you start be down hill

Unless you’ve been there you will never understand.  

Even brownlee knows its all Downhill now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jim Shortz said:

There's a monumental battle happening out there 

 

Ratty is a bit up the road from Kieran... 

 

Kieran has a better pace going at the moment 

 

Will there be a shoulder to shoulder, moob to moob battle on the Busselton foreshore 🤔😳😳😳😎

 Fatty is unlikely to  increase his pace.

Kieran was having gut issues and saw Medical in T2 is what Fatty told me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

how can a multiple loop course finishing at the same place you start be down hill

PPL said the same thing about Ironman Melbourne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bored@work said:

PPL said the same thing about Ironman Melbourne

In Melbourne you didn't finish where you started. Not when I did it anyway. 

I don't have the topo maps handy but pretty sure it was a net uphill as I wasn't in the water when I finished  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

yes, Melbourne was a down hill point to point run

But when you add the uphill from swim exit to that...... net uphill course 🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Peter said:

Only an uneducated person has made comments about AB not hacking the heat. 

He farking won gold in Brazil in 42c heat. 

 

Was just saying the same to my mate today on the bike. 

He’s a freak, one of the greatest of all time and will cement it with a Kona win. I wouldn’t write him off for a 3rd Olympic gold either.

😮

Doesn’t back down from a challenge and always gives it his all. How many other pros can say the same? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Crowies crushed nuts said:

 

Was just saying the same to my mate today on the bike. 

He’s a freak, one of the greatest of all time and will cement it with a Kona win. I wouldn’t write him off for a 3rd Olympic gold either.

😮

Doesn’t back down from a challenge and always gives it his all. How many other pros can say the same? 

He can 100% focus on the Olympics now and just tack on kona after and still walk away with the few million the prince pays him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jim Shortz said:

@Katz is off the bike 😎👏👏👏👏

 

 

YEEOOOWWWW 

I thought sticky was waiting for her. I just got notification he’s on the run

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter said:

Only an uneducated person has made comments about AB not hacking the heat. 

He farking won gold in Brazil in 42c heat. 

He said it himself in an interview. Time to open your mouth Pete and change feet.

FM

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Flanman said:

He said it himself in an interview. Time to open your mouth Pete and change feet.

FM

Prove it.  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it’s worth, conditions here today are about as good as you can get. Very little wind early but it did come up later so anyone who did over about 5 hrs on the bike would have copped it. It is really hot so there are a lot suffering out here right now.

From what I saw, Appleton had his head up Brownlees clacker for the entire bike. When they started the run Brownlee took off and put time into him early then backed off when he had a big buffer. Brownlee  looked pretty comfortable on the run.

Edited by Slowlane
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Peter said:

Prove it.  
 

Sorry - can't physically prove it. I saw him interviewed when he was knocked out of one of the Supe rLeague triathlon series races. He said that he suffers in the heat and that's why he missed the final race.

I guess as my word is gospel, then I have it.

FM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Peter said:

Is there a live link to finish line?

Ironman website has finish line stream

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Flanman said:

Sorry - can't physically prove it. I saw him interviewed when he was knocked out of one of the Supe rLeague triathlon series races. He said that he suffers in the heat and that's why he missed the final race.

I guess as my word is gospel, then I have it.

FM

Yeah I remember that. Hamilton island in summer. Makes Kona look frigid. 😂 

Seriously though, he’s done ok in the heat and humidity over the years in key races. He just needs a trucker’s hat for Kona and he’ll smash it out of the park. Eventually. He did way better this year than Macca on debut. 
 

I reckon both he and Gomez will win Kona before they retire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Ironman website has finish line stream

Can you link it. I honestly can’t work that new site 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Andrew #1 said:

Yeah I remember that. Hamilton island in summer. Makes Kona look frigid. 😂 

Seriously though, he’s done ok in the heat and humidity over the years in key races. He just needs a trucker’s hat for Kona and he’ll smash it out of the park. Eventually. He did way better this year than Macca on debut. 
 

I reckon both he and Gomez will win Kona before they retire.

Brownlee yes, Gomez no. He can't ride with the best, from what I've seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nick777 said:

Brownlee yes, Gomez no. He can't ride with the best, from what I've seen.

Gomez can’t even win an Olympic gold medal.  Ffs.  Useless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordinary day for me. I didn’t do the distance enough respect in training and blew up 5-6k into the run.

had an ok swim, rode about 30-40k souls and then found the famous Busso 5hr train so jumped on board as couldn’t get away. All young blokes going hard. Tried to gas them at 120k and got 200m but then they came back and sat on me. Thought fark this I’m not towing them round. 
Sat at the back and soft peddled for a 4:52 by my Garmin.....a little embarrassed to share my power 😬

Set my race up nicely but no run legs and finished with 10:16

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think so. Only saw him briefly on the run.

Stickman walking it home with Shirley, the oldest female competitor. 

Katz keeping plodding.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think so. Only saw him briefly on the run.

Stickman walking it home with Shirley, the oldest female competitor. 

Katz keeping plodding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nath. said:

Ordinary day for me. I didn’t do the distance enough respect in training and blew up 5-6k into the run.

had an ok swim, rode about 30-40k souls and then found the famous Busso 5hr train so jumped on board as couldn’t get away. All young blokes going hard. Tried to gas them at 120k and got 200m but then they came back and sat on me. Thought fark this I’m not towing them round. 
Sat at the back and soft peddled for a 4:52 by my Garmin.....a little embarrassed to share my power 😬

Set my race up nicely but no run legs and finished with 10:16

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Humbled by an Ironman again. Maybe overseeded too much on the swim as feet were hard too find, also not enough long ocean swims in training. Had to use HR on bike as Vector 2s were way about 30w over reality. Was still in it but somehow missed the 1st lap band turn. 500m short? DNF. Add 2-3 mins to the 10:10 and I was 22-23mins over plan. Walked quite a bit on the run, especially once I knew my pending DNF and maybe the heat got to me. Also my tri bar was loose and popped out at one point. Back to drawing board but first some rest and food!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...