wombattri

Busso 2019

1 hour ago, Ironnerd said:

I am in. 

My inconsiderate niece is getting married the night before in Perth. So it will be an early morning drive down to Busso for me.

Epic!!!!

4 weeks out so likely to be the last big weekend (unless you’re Cam Wurf), hows everyone going.

I’d forgotten how tiring bloody IM preps are and looking forward to backing off. 

30 minutes ago, Nath. said:

4 weeks out so likely to be the last big weekend (unless you’re Cam Wurf), hows everyone going.

I’d forgotten how tiring bloody IM preps are and looking forward to backing off. 

yeah knackered! 207km ride today and 2 x 21km run tomorrow...

Did a bunch ride today for the first time in about a year.  70km. No idea what I’m doing tomorrow or the rest of the week.  Literally taking it one day at a time

52E7E5CF-A4FB-4E62-9944-4B962385DA76.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zed said:

yeah knackered! 207km ride today and 2 x 21km run tomorrow...

Damn you’re gunna be dusted at work on Monday!

I was planning similar ride today but came off at 100k so pushed on for a couple more hours but pulled up at 5:45hr a bit sore.

longest run tomorrow it won’t be 42k, prob a straight up 34.

Glad that’s done....couldn’t decide on the cola or mango iced tea slurpy, so grabbed one of each!

AA6D0861-41D0-4D4D-BDE2-12E098E849AC.jpeg

• Haha 4

Sounds like you guys need a massage. Don't forget the team From Rural Fitness will be working out of the tennis club, Thursday, Friday, Saturday morning and Monday. Great for a freshen up if you are flying in, driving down or just want to treat or get your support crew out of you hair for an hour. All of the therapists also volunteer their time on race day to rub your legs, ice your cramps, listen to your stories and wipe your tears, so come say hi. Online bookings or walk in available. 

Edited by Lesmack
  • Like 1

*dusts off book of excuses*

Not that I need it. There are no expectations on my performance.

Went to see the physio on Friday morning. Proximal hamstring tendinopathy and glute max strain. Plus a few other bits and shits which have a basis in general right side instability. Walked parkrun, downgraded from the 10k to the 5k of the race we were doing yesterday and then walked it too, except the downs as I could run those comfortably. Will be interesting to see what happens when I try to ride to work tomorrow. 

Early start to the taper it seems. Will be focusing on weight reduction and fixing the sore bits between now and race day. A few low key little races between now and then also, but nothing much.

Though as compared to last year I am going into the day off a much more consistent base, I definitely feel far less prepared than last year. Hopefully the good base will see me through. 

does anyone know what the on course nutrition is? has it down as ironman gels but the website link has them all sold out? ( also the website is outdated with the start lists from last year still up)

spoke to the distributor and they said not doing them anymore - sent an email to ironman but no response...

7 minutes ago, bulldog said:

does anyone know what the on course nutrition is? has it down as ironman gels but the website link has them all sold out? ( also the website is outdated with the start lists from last year still up)

spoke to the distributor and they said not doing them anymore - sent an email to ironman but no response...

Athlete guide states PURE Electrolyte Hydration – Lemon & Superfruits And Ironman Gels– Blood Orange & IRONMAN Energy Bars – Rich Chocolate & Mint Bars.

This is the guide for this year's 70.3 I am reading

1 hour ago, Stuie016 said:

Athlete guide states PURE Electrolyte Hydration – Lemon & Superfruits And Ironman Gels– Blood Orange & IRONMAN Energy Bars – Rich Chocolate & Mint Bars.

This is the guide for this year's 70.3 I am reading

Thanks Stuie

• Like 1

Not sure if this was well known or not but saw on tv this morning Jetstar are starting direct flights to Busso soon 

3 hours ago, roxii said:

Not sure if this was well known or not but saw on tv this morning Jetstar are starting direct flights to Busso soon 

Yeah saw that, intereststing...

i wonder how often and what winter operations will be like?

On 10/11/2019 at 12:16 PM, roxii said:

Doing Busso again next year so booked $75 seats from Melbourne to Busso a few weeks back, adding luggage (30kg) and extra leg room brought it in at around $200 return, can't beat that!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, etiennevt said:

Doing Busso again next year so booked $75 seats from Melbourne to Busso a few weeks back, adding luggage (30kg) and extra leg room brought it in at around $200 return, can't beat that!

It’s so sad that you can get from melb to busso for $200 return and I can’t get from Karratha to Perth for ~ $1000 return normally 

2 hours ago, etiennevt said:

Was looking at Jetstar - I can only see prices that go up to Sept 2020 - nothing after that ?

9 minutes ago, Youngy2 said:

Was looking at Jetstar - I can only see prices that go up to Sept 2020 - nothing after that ?

I'm doing Busso in May.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KieranR said:

It’s so sad that you can get from melb to busso for $200 return and I can’t get from Karratha to Perth for ~ $1000 return normally 

It kinda makes Karatha a little bit exclusive, a place only wealthy people can afford to go to?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zed said:

It kinda makes Karatha a little bit exclusive, a place only wealthy people can afford to go to?

It’s why I drive to Perth and back every time we go away, otherwise going away just wouldn’t happen as a family of four.

an example of the rort that is Pilbara airfares- last may we went to Vietnam, two week holiday, 70.3 race while there, didn’t hold back on spending, and drove to Perth and back to avoid the flights from here.  We still came out a couple grand in front than if we had of flown from here.

4 x return flights Perth -KL-ho chi Minh city $978.00

4x internal flights Ho Chi Minh - da nang ~$500

at times up here $1500 is lucky to get you a return airfare to Perth and back.

ps- if you’ve seen my boat, You will see I’m not wealthy, point being, I paid for the boat with two cartons of bush chooks, got the motor for $450 from Mandurah out boards free postage, blew the gearbox up got a new one for free 😂, trailer was rusted to the point of no return but I’ve made it work......trailer not registered and never would pass the pits anyway......but I found an old WA number plate on the way to the tip one day and slapped it on.  Never been questioned by the police yet.  But man do I catch a shitload more fish and Crays than some of the 150k + boats up here.

want me to talk about my 20yr old piece of shit Navara? It’s worse than the boat 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 3

Brownlee a confirmed starter at busso!  Someone please control Zed, he will throw his knickers at him when he sees him 😂😂

Edited by KieranR

How’s everyone going? 13 days to go.  
I’ve lost all interest in racing next weekend unfortunately, I’ve been back in hospital last week after a turn in the wrong direction with my head again, I’m more interested in my diving and Spearfishing right now, it’s my happy place. 

im heading off this weekend to Exmouth with my boat for some camping and diving solo before I’m supposed to leave the boat in Exmouth and continue down the coast to Busso,  I’m not sure if I’ll make it further sth than Exmouth, although I have some fish and Crays for Jim Shortz to deliver.

if I make it to busso, I’ll suit up and have a go but I’ll be planning a quick getaway back to exmouth as soon as it’s over.  

that’s where I’m at with busso

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KieranR said:

I’ve lost all interest in racing next weekend unfortunately, I’ve been back in hospital last week after a turn in the wrong direction with my head again, I’m more interested in my diving and Spearfishing right now, it’s my happy place. 

im heading off this weekend to Exmouth with my boat for some camping and diving solo before I’m supposed to leave the boat in Exmouth and continue down the coast to Busso,  I’m not sure if I’ll make it further sth than Exmouth, although I have some fish and Crays for Jim Shortz to deliver.

if I make it to busso, I’ll suit up and have a go but I’ll be planning a quick getaway back to exmouth as soon as it’s over.  

Sorry to hear it mate. Definitely hope to see you, but will understand if I don’t. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Katz said:

Sorry to hear it mate. Definitely hope to see you, but will understand if I don’t. 

I have fish for you too

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, KieranR said:

Sorry to hear mate, was looking forward to seeing you and having a cheeky beer! Stay strong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KieranR said:

I have fish for you too

Oh, yay! That’s very kind of you!!

• Like 1

Looking forward to having you stay @KieranR

Justine is keen to meet you too 😎🤘

Not only for the fish but more so the idea of having a mate to go for a jog and swim with. My new locale is great for that 😎👌

Don't stress Busso. Do what you can. The sun will still come up the next day ✌️

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Enjoy Exmouth Kieran 😊

I always enjoy exmouth.  At least the water will be warmer than when I was there a few months ago.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KieranR said:

Just swap to the 70.3 and enjoy the day.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KieranR said:

Would be good to have seen you there Kieran but totally understand.

13 days to go - in taper, wrapping myself in cotton wool, disinfecting the kids. All the usual stuff.

• Like 1

Kieran - I think that we work for the same company, having seen the logo on the front of the loco that you posted. I would appreciate it if you could put some sun, warmth and fish in an internal post bag and send it to me. In return I will send you some cold, snow and vodka. Take care mate.

Do I need to pack my balaclava for Busso?Photo

Temperatures are down in the -30's this week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

Do I need to pack my balaclava for Busso?

It would be quite effective at keeping the flies out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Peter said:

Just swap to the 70.3 and enjoy the day.  

I really don’t like 70.3 distance.  Hopefully a few days diving in exxy will help with the head.  I’ll make a decision next Wednesday night I guess, that’s when the boats booked into the compound to be looked after while I’m supposed to be down sth.

• Like 2

And remember, you can still change your mind right up till Saturday, or even Sunday if you do come and then decide you don't want to. No stress and no pressure. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ironnerd said:

Kieran - I think that we work for the same company, having seen the logo on the front of the loco that you posted. I would appreciate it if you could put some sun, warmth and fish in an internal post bag and send it to me. In return I will send you some cold, snow and vodka. Take care mate.

Do I need to pack my balaclava for Busso?Photo

Temperatures are down in the -30's this week.

We do indeed.

Hopefully if the head says get to busso, I will have the Engel full of fish and Crays and be enough for all the trannies that want some fish from the Pilbara.  I’m happy to give away.  I have a endless supply up here  for our personnel consumption.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Katz said:

And remember, you can still change your mind right up till Saturday, or even Sunday if you do come and then decide you don't want to. No stress and no pressure. 

This 😎✌️

18 hours ago, zed said:

full?

Yeah mate. Last year in this AG, not terribly well thought out.  We need to catch up for a brew during the week. I get in Monday.

12 minutes ago, FuiFui said:

Yeah mate. Last year in this AG, not terribly well thought out.  We need to catch up for a brew during the week. I get in Monday.

What agegroup?