Fitness Buddy

NSAID to be on Aid Stations at Kona?

Just now, pieman said:

Considering they have had testosterone injecting businesses in various expos this is nothing...

Have they.   Shit.   

Cigarettes next

3 minutes ago, pieman said:

Considering they have had testosterone injecting businesses in various expos this is nothing...

I almost think you you have the cash, are in the top 10% of your AG and want to be top 1%, you should now dope to the eyeballs.

Just stay away from national championships

You'd be fine at 70.3 and 2XU or gatorade series.

4 minutes ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Have they.   Shit.   

Cigarettes next

It's a business. If they can make money they will do it.

4 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

It's a business. If they can make money they will do it.

however most businesses have ethics. 

The article doesn't say anything about being at aid stations, just they are sponsoring a fastest mile promo in the race.

Don't expect to see this product on aid stations. I don't see an issue with it, I could see products like Voltaren wanting to sponsor events as that is a core target consumer.

1 hour ago, Gilliga said:

The article doesn't say anything about being at aid stations, just they are sponsoring a fastest mile promo in the race.

Don't expect to see this product on aid stations. I don't see an issue with it, I could see products like Voltaren wanting to sponsor events as that is a core target consumer.

That was sarcasm

2 hours ago, Gilliga said:

Hell, the makers of EPO sponsor the Tour of California. Nothing wrong there is there?

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

I looked up what they sell and its just the same stuff that is in period pain meds so just re-marketed for athletes. 

Be good if with all these sponsors coming on board they up the prize money or pay deeper, but WTC is all about the $$ profits.

7 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

That was sarcasm

Sorry mate, missed that sarcasm, bloody reading makes it hard always get tone, my bad.

never understand why anyone would take these drugs in a race, the event is about the mind overcoming the body and to dope so you cant feel the pain is just soft.

FWIW, they used to hand out paracetamol at aid stations at IMNZ. Don't know if they still do. They'd mark your hand for every pill they gave you, so you wouldn't go over the limit, which was something like 4 or 6 200mg pills. It's also common to see painkillers at aid stations in ultraruns, at least in California.

On 20/09/2019 at 2:40 PM, Oompa Loompa said:

never understand why anyone would take these drugs in a race, the event is about the mind overcoming the body and to dope so you cant feel the pain is just soft.

Also some pretty fing serious kidney issues could happen if they did... 

6 hours ago, steve said:

It's also common to see painkillers at aid stations in ultraruns, at least in California.

A chick I know just did the Tahoe 200mile. I would need every pain killer known to man to finish that event 

• Like 1

On 22/09/2019 at 12:36 AM, steve said:

FWIW, they used to hand out paracetamol at aid stations at IMNZ. Don't know if they still do. They'd mark your hand for every pill they gave you, so you wouldn't go over the limit, which was something like 4 or 6 200mg pills. It's also common to see painkillers at aid stations in ultraruns, at least in California.

There's a significant difference between the effect (and potential side-effects) of paracetamol and NSAIDS.

This being the most significant:

On 22/09/2019 at 2:27 AM, altayloraus said:

Also some pretty fing serious kidney issues could happen if they did... 

On 24/09/2019 at 1:23 AM, Paul Every said:

There's a significant difference between the effect (and potential side-effects) of paracetamol and NSAIDS.

Yeah, kidney damage is a real risk. I don't take ibuprofen after an event until I've been peeing clear for a few hours. Paracetamol isn't completely safe either – liver damage is a possibility, although that usually requires high doses and/or alcohol consumption.