Sign in to follow this  
Blobby

Amy Gran Fondo 2019

Headed down to Lorne  on the weekend for the annual Amy Gillet Foundation ride with a bunch of mates.  Another great event was put on by the organisers unfortunately spoiled a little bit by the wet conditions. 

For me it was a great distraction from Kona training and an opportunity to jump on the road bike and just do something different.  Having not ridden any real hills with intensity, and having a cold, I wasn't sure how it would all pan out, but ended up with many strava PB's and then took great care on the final descent in the rain, wanting to make sure that I stayed upright and in good shape for Kona.  Was passed by a bunch of around 30 on the descent and had to ride solo for around 25km of the 40km flat section to the finish.

The quality of the field down there is top class so well done to all those that raced.

Anybody else head down?

I had a good ride but the weather made it a tough day. It made the beers taste even better 🍻 

I was pretty cautious on the long descent in the rain, but felt good on the uphills and the middle section. By the time we hit the GOR I just wanted to get it over with so kept pushing hard even though I was knackered.

Did enough to qualify for the worlds in Canada next year (not that I'll go) so got some bling 🏅 

Have a great race in Kona, Blobby (if I don't see you between now and then) 

• Like 1

On 17/09/2019 at 7:10 AM, -H- said:

Have a great race in Kona, Blobby (if I don't see you between now and then) 

Or even if I do see you ....

I ran into Blobby on the bike this morning and completely forgot he's doing Kona in a couple of weeks. 

Oh yeah, have a good one mate!

1 hour ago, -H- said:

I ran into Blobby on the bike this morning

I hope you weren't driving at the time. :)

Good luck Blobby. 

• Haha 1