Jump to content
Fitness Buddy

R u OK day

Recommended Posts

Well said Andrew.

As one of the guys in my team says at the start of every team briefing:

Every day is RUOK Day.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m doing ok. But I just got a call from my Mum saying, Dad was being loaded into an Ambulance. Now I’m sitting in the ED waiting room. Waiting to find out more info. Looks like he’s had a stroke 

  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear that Bored. They will know very quickly what the issue is and treat appropriately if possible to do so. You shouldn't be left hanging for hours not knowing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Katz said:

Sorry to hear that Bored. They will know very quickly what the issue is and treat appropriately if possible to do so. You shouldn't be left hanging for hours not knowing.

Fingers crossed. They took him to the Lyell Mac Hospital (dead smack in the middle of bogan territory) 

fk me these nurses are deafest legends.

so far there has been the following ppl arrive

- some on with a hang over 

- guy with a strained ankle 

- someone who is hungry & wants a sandwich 

ffs these people have no fkn idea 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped being surprised (mostly) after 4 years working in the second largest ED in Perth which services the south of the river bogan region.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Fingers crossed. They took him to the Lyell Mac Hospital (dead smack in the middle of bogan territory) 

fk me these nurses are deafest legends.

so far there has been the following ppl arrive

- some on with a hang over 

- guy with a strained ankle 

- someone who is hungry & wants a sandwich 

ffs these people have no fkn idea 

 

Maybe a photo like this should be on the entrance to every ED waiting area.

Related image

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A really nasty infection from a scratch on his leg. Refused to go the dr u til it was too late. He’s also got a chest infection. Looks like the infection started to spread through his body & it started shutting down. Blood pressure was 61 over 39 so they are giving him some drugs to increase it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

A really nasty infection from a scratch on his leg. Refused to go the dr u til it was too late. He’s also got a chest infection. Looks like the infection started to spread through his body & it started shutting down. Blood pressure was 61 over 39 so they are giving him some drugs to increase it

Sepsis. Not good. But way better than a stroke. Excellent news. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Maybe a photo like this should be on the entrance to every ED waiting area.

My favourite sign is up in the University Hospital in Durham where I did a whole load of ambulance work during snow disruption. Ambulance wait times to unload were up to 5 hours so god knows how long people were waiting in the waiting room. It just said "Be glad your waiting, the ones who don't are the ones to worry about".

P.S. Sorry to hear about your dad, Bored@ but at least he's in the best place for him now!

Edited by monkie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

Hi All.. 

Hope everyone is OK.   

Find a positive everyday.  Stay strong.   Set simple attainable goals and be open 

The prostate drug I'm on is like a bloody truth serum, it's def changed my personality.  I might have been a little too open with my boss today :ninja:

19 minutes ago, Katz said:

Sepsis. Not good. But way better than a stroke. Excellent news. 

Unless you watched 4 Corners the other night!  But then that was Broken Hill hospital, Capital City hospitals are fine. Regional hospitals are a worry (including personal experience).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...