Katz

Biggest Loser - Spring has Sprung!

Up 0.4kg for me.

I don't know why. My training has been super consistent, my diet was good all but 1 dinner on Friday before a 2.5hr race simulation Saturday session.

I have been busting my arse but can't seem to get under 80kgs. I used to get under it easily, but this year I'm struggling. I've reduced my volume by about 6 hours a week but increased the intensity x10 but it just won't shift.

I am really down about it, not motivated to train at all after this weigh-in. I usually just accept the number and work hard at it, but this one is getting to me. its been about 2months of up and down, absolutely no trends.  I went for a swim, trained hard, but questioned why the hell I'm trying for. 

Maybe I just need to reduce the intensity and work at lower HR's. Drop all the intervals and just work on burning fat, and not dipping into the glycogen stores. Dunno 

17 hours ago, Lost in transition said:

Up 0.4kg for me.

I don't know why. My training has been super consistent, my diet was good all but 1 dinner on Friday before a 2.5hr race simulation Saturday session.

I have been busting my arse but can't seem to get under 80kgs. I used to get under it easily, but this year I'm struggling. I've reduced my volume by about 6 hours a week but increased the intensity x10 but it just won't shift.

I am really down about it, not motivated to train at all after this weigh-in. I usually just accept the number and work hard at it, but this one is getting to me. its been about 2months of up and down, absolutely no trends.  I went for a swim, trained hard, but questioned why the hell I'm trying for. 

Maybe I just need to reduce the intensity and work at lower HR's. Drop all the intervals and just work on burning fat, and not dipping into the glycogen stores. Dunno 

The ol' fat burning myth

• Like 1

I feel like I'm in the same place Lost in Transition.

Trying to get the weight down can be such a burden on mental health.

I've been really good - eating well, not drinking, training consistently 8-10 hours a week in my ironman base training and I'm gaining weight.

While I know that some of this can likely be attributed to muscle mass gains, it's still really depressing to get on the scales and see that I'm seemingly going backwards. 

My losses are small on the scale, but apparently my waist and hips are narrowing.

I might just use the scales to make sure I am not putting on weight, but take the changes from the measuring tape. My wedding dress already seems loose and I swear I ordered the smaller size, and the setting engagement ring keeps on slipping down to the underside of my finger again.

• Like 3

For those that just can’t move a little bit, have a look at fasting. Easy to understand is Dr Mindy Pelz. 
FM

A day of hard work around the house yesterday & weighed myself this morning. 87.3kg.

That's 2.2kg down from yesterday. It'll likely be back up to what it was tomorrow. So for all those people that can't understand why their weight may have gone up 0.4kg when they've done nothing out of the ordinary, that amount is nothing. One extra glass of water before you weigh yourself will add that much.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Up a little to finish, down 5 kg for the event. 
I’m OK with that and expecting more over the next couple of months at least. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tyno said:

down 5 kg for the event. 

Great stuff. Keep it up and you'll cure yourself of diabetes.

• Like 2

*sigh*

I lost 300g for the challenge. Must say, didn't actually try beyond the first week or so.

On a positive note, at least I can maintain my weight and I'm not just slowly blowing up like a balloon. I'm sure at some point I will get my head where it needs to be to not be fat. Not yet sure how to make that happen though.

• Like 2

I’ve found adding a 3rd potentially deadly ailment has really increased my focus, Katz :)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I rode 703km last week & put 1kg on.........

Got to be all muscle, Bored.

3 hours ago, Tyno said:

I’ve found adding a 3rd potentially deadly ailment has really increased my focus, Katz :)

Yeah, that'll do i.

Sadly, not really but you know what I mean, I'm really just uncomfortably chubby. My weight isn't ideal, but it's also not killing me.

88.1 for a final weigh-in. Not what I'd hoped, but then I figured I was going to get Delhi Belly in India, but instead put on weight with a smorgasbord of some of the best food I've ever eaten. I've been losing weight since getting back, so at least that is a positive thing. I'll weigh in before Xmas, and hope to drop to 86.x by then. 

Well done to everyone that has dropped weight in this. Some who didn't, maybe didn't need to, but to the others, don't give up.

Down to 84.1kg this morning, overall drop, but pretty consistent around 85kg. The drop yesterday and today is most likely dehydration from the weekends MTB riding (11hr roughly).

Overall has been good to have an external tracker and chat.

Need to progress downwards some more

72kg to finish, which was the goal. Down 4.5kg

Now to keep it off, and get more power. And maybe dip down a little more weight wise heading to peak of the season. See if I can nudge 70 at some point. 

Forgot I was in this. Up to 84kg to finish. An Ironman build in this period as well. Goes to show, weight loss is all about input rather than output! 

I just weighed in this morning after not checking the last few weeks, I came in at 90.1 kg, so I think that has me at 9.5 kg loss overall.  

I Feel I really should be at 70 something kg so a lot of work to do

• Like 2

To all those that didnt achieve your goals what did you learn to do differently next time? (cos you know what they say about doing the same thing over and over..)

To those that did, what do you think contributed to your success?

1 hour ago, pieman said:

To all those that didnt achieve your goals what did you learn to do differently next time? (cos you know what they say about doing the same thing over and over..)

I learnt that continuing to eat the same crap as always won't help you lose weight.

• Like 1

For me it was a move to a focus on 'better'

The enforced monitoring of blood sugar didn't hurt either - no hiding from the between meal snacks that way.

Accepting in my brain that using an 80/20 type approach, that the 20% is the worst case, not the acceptable minimum.

Historically, my 80/20 has probably been more like 60/40 with excuses.

• Like 3

I didn’t truly commit to changing eating habits. I was hoping to train the weight away.  I eat ‘cleanly’, just snack way too much. Oh, and way too much alcohol! 

Back to MyFitnessPal for a month or so...

To be honest I’m glad not have gained weight considering over half the comp I was incapacitated. 

Now I’m a bit more mobile the real work can begin.

Oh crap! Christmas is coming. 

• Haha 1

On 09/12/2019 at 6:49 AM, Tyno said:

Up a little to finish, down 5 kg for the event. 

Well done Tyno, that's a good start!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Katz said:

I'm lighter today than I was the whole time through the challenge.

That's a positive.

Well actually is a negative. But you know what I mean. :)

• Haha 1