Katz

Biggest Loser - Spring has Sprung!

On 31/10/2019 at 9:46 PM, IronmanFoz said:

Be strong.....hang in there.... there is light on the other side!

Specially if you look through the doughnut hole...

• Haha 1

Down 800g. After a solid 3 day’s on the MTB. Potentially some dehydration as food intake was solid and big. Nothing like a post ride pizza

Horrendous week for me, up 500gms, back to where I started at 87.  Half term and a week of Mum's cooking and lethargy is the cause but I'm sure I can pin it on 'something else' if I dig deep enough. :lol:

I put the 100g back on that I lost last week. 

I'll weigh in a couple days early next week before I head off to India. A good solid week of Dehli Belly and I should see some impressive losses for the latter few weeks of the challenge.

Up a smidge this week. 
Activity has been up and down a bit and rehab takes up a lot of time. 

Up for me, quite a bit. Post Noosa blowout and I have no regrets. I guess that's what a week of no training and maximum indulgence can do. I'm hoping its just a bit of water weight.

Back to training and watching what I eat this week again.

Ok, from today I am getting serious about this. Need to drop 2kg in the next two weeks or I will be racing while needlessly carrying kgs that do not need to be there. I have been very lazy food wise while training well. Now the constant food intake must stop! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FatPom said:

No change for me.  I'm still 87.0,  I'm absolutely dirty on myself for not being stronger. :wallbash:

Still stuck in the 86s, and doing the same

4 minutes ago, dazaau said:

Ok, from today I am getting serious about this. Need to drop 2kg in the next two weeks or I will be racing while needlessly carrying kgs that do not need to be there. I have been very lazy food wise while training well. Now the constant food intake must stop! 

Me too

6 hours ago, dazaau said:

I remember someone on this site years going saying words to the effect of:  'You are 100% in control of what you put in your mouth'

I need to live this!

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, FatPom said:

I remember someone on this site years going saying words to the effect of:  'You are 100% in control of what you put in your mouth'

I need to live this!

yep, words to live by.

But self control is an interesting beast.

LCW this weekend is going to be hard, at least I am down 2kg from 2 weeks ago...

• Like 2

lo and behold eating less works. 72.5 and down 2kg (though I was artificially a little high on fluid last week and likely low this week - so probably lost 1.5kg or something).

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tyno said:

Was away from home this morning.

Undecided about weighing in tomorrow morning or skipping a week.

be brave, weigh in tomorrow!

Up this morning, but down on a heavy point earlier in the week, still down overall which is the main thing.

Forgot to take fork to work today so couldn’t eat my lunch. Made for a long hungary  day.

Not looking good. 

I appear to be eating my way across India at the moment, and the stomach is holding up well. 

I'm not looking forward to getting back on the scales when I get home. 

11 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Should get in 500 this week. At 245km already. 

So how are you squeezing it in? I've got a 55km commute that I do a few days a week and a big bike ride on the weekend but that gets you to 250-300 - what's your strategy for fitting in the Ks? 

2 minutes ago, dazaau said:

So how are you squeezing it in? I've got a 55km commute that I do a few days a week and a big bike ride on the weekend but that gets you to 250-300 - what's your strategy for fitting in the Ks? 

Another 80km this morning :) I'll probs head out on the road this afternoon for another ride. I have every second Friday off work :)

I have flexi hours at work & can ride when the weather is nice. I never set an alarm & just wake up when the body is ready. Waking up at 4am for hill repeats in the rain is just dumb. 

I also do the zwift races. 1hr = a hard 40km ride.  Ride to & from Crit racing also gets me a solid mid week 80km ride. Saturday bunch ride is normally 100+km then what ever I do on Sunday.

• Thanks 1

On 22/11/2019 at 7:49 AM, Bored@work said:

Another 80km this morning :) I'll probs head out on the road this afternoon for another ride. I have every second Friday off work :)

I have flexi hours at work & can ride when the weather is nice. I never set an alarm & just wake up when the body is ready. Waking up at 4am for hill repeats in the rain is just dumb. 

I also do the zwift races. 1hr = a hard 40km ride.  Ride to & from Crit racing also gets me a solid mid week 80km ride. Saturday bunch ride is normally 100+km then what ever I do on Sunday.

Does your Gooch / notcha get sore riding that much

On 23/11/2019 at 2:31 PM, KieranR said:

Does your Gooch / notcha get sore riding that much

Nope.  555.5km for the week. Riding like a mad man atm. 0F86FA4C-B890-477F-8C6A-4C824E6C51BE.thumb.jpeg.07d815da31ce5fd2ea9c089efdf014de.jpeg

• Like 1

Bumped back up again, WTF is with that. 

Hopefully now can start walking a bit more,,, not just to the fridge.  

OK. Not the same set of scales as home, but the hotel we are in for a couple days has a set.

90.9kg, so up a couple. I'm very happy with that as I think I was probably 2 higher than that up till a couple days ago when we decided to start buying 2 or 3 meals to share between the 4 of us.

The food is absolutely incredible here. Indian take-away will never be the same again. Even the street food in the markets has been awesome. I was told by my doctor that a lot of the cases of gastro that tourists get are caused by the sudden change in diet to rich spicey food. I'm guessing that's why I'm eating anything I see and it's having no effect.

1kg drop.

I tried a week of Light 'n' easy at 2300cals just to test it. That finished up last Tuesday. It was a good experience to see how much food it actually is, without me painstakingly weighing everything. To me, It was a shite load. I was never hungry. Really opened my eyes to how much I under eat, bordering on starving myself.

I made some changes to my diet now, and to also be more accepting of fruit and the occasional treat.

Happy with my weight result this week. I went large on Friday and Saturday with Beers, wine and 4 courses. Saturday was a big training day, and didn't run at all yesterday.

Back down under 90kg again, after eating my way across Rajasthan & not getting sick. At one point I think I must have been over 92kg, but for the 2nd half of the trip my daughter & I started sharing meals, so I started to pull back some of the weight gain. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

600km on the bike last week & I only dropped .5kg 

How many donuts?

You'd have loved India. They had chocolate donuts on all the breakfast buffets at the hotels we stayed at.

5 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

How many donuts?

You'd have loved India. They had chocolate donuts on all the breakfast buffets at the hotels we stayed at.

One donut Saturday. Then I jumped on Zwift for 130km.....