Katz

Biggest Loser - Spring has Sprung!

On 19/10/2019 at 4:19 PM, KieranR said:

Can we weigh in today? The last few days of sickness will do wonders for my weigh in goals 

Sick didn't help me any! Lots of volume training wise, but not great eating, followed by two days lying in bed eating comfort food and watching netflix :P

Put on 400g. That will teach me to travel for work. This week is going to be no good either, no time to train (TOing at Nepean all weekend) and birthday week.

3 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Not sure about that, but Saturday (2 days before this weigh-in) Katz was sitting at home waiting for news from Stickman. Maybe some nervous eating?

We did also have celebratory CRAM burgers and chips after the announcement. :D

But I also trained like a mofo over the weekend. NB: that is a relative mofo.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Katz said:

We did also have celebratory CRAM burgers and chips after the announcement. :D

But I also trained like a mofo over the weekend. NB: that is a relative mofo.

Don't blame the Cram!  It's inflammation from the training.

• Haha 1

The yo-yoing continues (and not the edible kind).

78 to 77 to 78 to 76 to 77 to 76, but down overall...

I've ordered the recommended reading, Atomic Habits, but won't be changing any habits until I've read it in case I do it wrong 😉

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

jumped on the scales this morning 83.3kg - so that's down a bit.

You need to have both feet on the scales

• Haha 1

And I'm done.  My happy race weight has been achieved just in time for Noosa 💃 Even though I didn't register I have been following this thread for interest.

Post eye-surgery I hit 59.7 kilos.  Started  training and didn't budge a gram even after 2 months of solid 8-11 hours a week exercise.  Desperation measures resulted in examining what I was eating and discarding processed foods.  Result 55.00 kilos this morning. 

So for me it's not so much how much exercise I do, but how much I eat and the quality of that food.

Good luck everyone on achieving your goals.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Katz - as I said before, chuck those scales out. Theyre dodgy as all hell 😉

Cat Lady - well done 👏😎

Edited by Surfer
Spellin

Back after a week and a half away in China and HK. Won't weigh in till Monday,but think the kg's will be heading north.

Ate heathy local food, hardly and bread, but had a few bevvies.

The bike shop just rang to tell me they some hairline cracks in my 10 yo rear wheel rim.

Probably did well to last so long lugging my bulky frame around.😆

Started my day with a frothy coffee and a plain croissant. Can't imagine why I'm putting on weight. :lol:

• Haha 1

First day of rehab today with all the old ducks.

working up a sweat in the hydrotherapy pool. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

88.7 this morning, so down 200g from last week. Still not down much from the start, but the Delhi experience is getting closer, so I can see big drops coming soon. :)

• Haha 1

And somehow I am up another kilo.

I have not consumed 1000 more calories than I have burned every day for the last two weeks. So stuffed if I know what is going on.

:(

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Katz said:

And somehow I am up another kilo.

I have not consumed 1000 more calories than I have burned every day for the last two weeks. So stuffed if I know what is going on.

:(

I'd blame fluid retention Katz.

74.4 Not really going anywhere fast but then again I am hardly trying at the moment. I am however on the verge of over 1,000km on my bike in October. So I'm pleased about that! 

• Like 1

So at the halfway point it's @KieranR and @Lost in transition fighting at the front for biggest loser glory (currently over 5% lost), then daylight, then the rest of us. Good work you two, keep pushing! 

Edited by dazaau
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I'd blame fluid retention Katz.

3 hours ago, BogFrog said:

^^^ this

I'm up nearly a kg and I know that it is mostly fluid as I am unable to get my rings on today...

Yeah, I know. It's just really grinding my gears.

I got so excited when I saw the 74.1. Was really looking forward to getting into the 73's and below. And now I'm back in the 76's. So little loss since this thing bloody started. 

Getting me down is all.

29 minutes ago, Katz said:

Yeah, I know. It's just really grinding my gears.

I got so excited when I saw the 74.1. Was really looking forward to getting into the 73's and below. And now I'm back in the 76's. So little loss since this thing bloody started. 

Getting me down is all.

Not meaning to be a d!ck but how strict is your diet? I've really ramped up my training of late and in the last couple of months I have done a half, a marathon and a hell of a lot more running than ever before and not lost even half a kilo.

To be honest I know this is because as my training has increased so has my intake of biscuits, muesli bars, pizza and general volume of food. 

Edited by more

I'm not participating this time around because my 'blowouts' are only a couple of kilos. I have however been using it as some personal motivation to sharpen up the diet.

2 weeks ago I was 82.4 which is the heaviest I've been in 5 years. My strategy was simple - no hot chips and no chocolate. Everything else remained pretty much the same. This morning I was 80.1.

Forget counting calories; there's an easier, sure fire way to lost weight...

... don't eat bad shit

Edited by trinube
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, trinube said:

... don't eat bad shit

Hit the nail on the head. With the amount of training we do it is very hard to maintain enough calories to not loose weight if you only ate lean meats, fruits and vegetables. 

• Like 1

You're probably (definitely) right. I've not been strict, other than adopting an intermittent fasting approach which gave me really good (easy) results at the outset. That initial success doesn't appear to have continued in spite of doing the same which I think is what is really bugging me. Me and calorie restriction just doesn't go well. I always end up bingeing when I feel restricted which was why I was so happy the time restriction seemed to be so effective. Now that's not even working and I am struggling to figure out what the hell I am supposed to do next. Other than just suck it up and feel deprived until I am no longer a fatty. 

That said, the diet isn't generally bad. It's just not perfect I suppose you could say.

Hey Katz, forget the time limit of a BL. Pick one bad food and STRICTLY eliminate it for a week. One week. Once you do that, do it for another week. Once you've kicked it, pick another bad food and do the same.

Whilst trying to get to a particular weight by a particular date is an admirable attempt, it's not a race. Eliminate the bad stuff one by one and stick to it. Once you get your weight heading in the right direction you can have the occasional indulgence of those bad foods.

Total abstinence is almost impossible to sustain. You have to be able to kick back and enjoy yourself sometimes and if that means eating a couple of Mint Magnums well so be it - as long as you're not doing it every week.

• Like 3

Down another 2.4kg to 92.1kg, shouldn’t have lost that much because I didn’t treat my body like a temple this week (actually never have). I’ve had a rough week mentally again this last few days, back on track though after a good chat with some helpers of mine.

• Like 6

Putting on weight :( Hopefully with my birthday now gone, TO training and assessment completed as well as the work trips done for 3 months I can eat and train properly. No plans to race away from home which always throws everything out.

Edited by MissJess
  • Like 1

But you don’t have to stay that way.

if ever you needed some REAL incentive surely this is it. 

good luck mate 

6 minutes ago, Tyno said:

Sorry Rox, moping phase is still current.

Just don’t hang there too long. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

32 hours without a donut or any form of sugar. Been suffering a massive headache the last 7hrs:( 

Be strong.....hang in there.... there is light on the other side!

11 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Be strong.....hang in there.... there is light on the other side!

WTF are you doing in here?

I've known you for 25 years, and you've never been any more than 5% body fat

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

WTF are you doing in here?

I've known you for 25 years, and you've never been any more than 5% body fat

Didn’t you see me at Nepean.... packing on the kilos. Think I just hit 77kg’s :(.

Too many injuries, not enough running.

7 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

He also spent 90min everyday at the breakfast buffet in Cairns.

Talking stories of true grit and determination with you! Lol

9 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Talking stories of true grit and determination with you! Lol

Talking stories of excuses and easy options. I miss the glory days of racing Ironman. But retirement has been good to me.

• Haha 1