Katz

Biggest Loser - Spring has Sprung!

Down a bit more this week.

Bloody hard when the most physically exerting thing you can do is walking and even that hurts. Lots of time on the feet for very little reward. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Who knew a week of Macca’s, Oporto and pizza while working away would be bad for your waistline??

up 0.9

Edited by Mr Tinman

It seems like you are mostly aware of the reasons your results might not be as expected but for those that are confused, keep a food diary for 3-5 days.

Myfitnesspal is good if you are into that but is a bit time consuming so i'd start by just writing it down somewhere, I used a simple table in a Word document.  You can gauge how bad it is by how embarrassing it is to read yourself, show to your partner or show to your mates/colleagues.

Often seeing a whole week lets you look for quick wins like having one less coffee or one less slice of toast that can result in a decent change over a week/month year..

Down 800g. But I feel like I had to run a marathon to do it. I swear guys can cut out beer and the weight just falls off...

Edited by MissJess
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MissJess said:

Down 800g. But I feel like I had to run a marathon to do it. I swear guys can cut out beer and the weight just falls off...

Apart from the fact that I don't drink, so that's not an option, surely women can do the same with wine?

2 hours ago, pieman said:

Myfitnesspal is good if you are into that but is a bit time consumingr..

MFP is shit nowadays due to the UA takeover.  I find FatSecret good as it gives you a matrix of what you've eaten in terms of carbs/protein/fat etc.

1 minute ago, FatPom said:

MFP is shit nowadays due to the UA takeover.  I find FatSecret good as it gives you a matrix of what you've eaten in terms of carbs/protein/fat etc.

Yeah I haven't used it for years but have used carb manager or fatsecret on occasion when wanting to monitor more closely..

my comment was more in terms of keeping a diary being an eye opening first step which might lead to you moving to an app to look at calorie balance (which i think is sh*t in these apps due to exercise estimates being rubbish) or macros etc

• Like 1

Weighed in today as we had been away for the long weekend and I didn't get to weigh in yesterday morning.

End result was a loss for the week. 800g. Was down closer to a kilo and a half earlier in the week. On the upside though, it's a loss which is rather unusual for me in these challenges!

• Like 3

Trying to get in my 10,000 steps a day and man it take a long time to walk it. 

Think I'm wearing the poor dog out!2019-09-27 22.03.18.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, FatPom said:

Apart from the fact that I don't drink, so that's not an option, surely women can do the same with wine?

Calorie wise comparing a standard drink wine is a lower. I also don't tend to drink wine, but more gin and sugar free mixers, which is even lower.

I've pretty much cut out bread, a lot of other carbs (apart from lunch), I'm even off the pill as that was not helping any. Next thing on the hit list is the anti-depressants, but given the shit we are going through at the moment (his impending redundancy), I do not want to drop the dose, it's far too risky, the imbalance in brain chemicals is real. Dropping the gin won't help either. Hearing the crap spouted by that place while they still have to be there makes me sick.

Stuff me. Last week ate poorly trained almost not at all and down 700g. This week ate much better, trained hard and up 400. Up! :wallbash:

A bit lost last week mostly due to an abscess under my bottom right wisdom tooth. Alot of pain, meds, and slower eating. 

• Sad 1

Only 0.2 drop this week, and we had a birthday party for a family friend's kid. There was sooooo much great food there I'm glad the weigh in was this morning & not tomorrow.

• Haha 1

I was almost going to skip weigh in this week because I was ashamed of what the result was going to be.

2 nights out with all yo can drink packages

Long weekend with Grand Final

And only 3 runs and a spin class for the week

But here I am, accountable, up 0.3kg and ready to kick ass this week.

• Like 4

After an extended long weekend on a farm, it proably looks like I was in a good paddock 

Same goal as nealo this week - get back on track 

I just ate 5 jam donuts after getting some bad news. 

Food is such a comfort for me.

Next Monday will be poor 

• Sad 2

35 minutes ago, KieranR said:

You ok?

yeah, I'm sure all will be sorted out in a few days. Just shit when all plans and good intentions get screwed by someone you don't know and they didnt really need to be involved in the situation.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I just ate 5 jam donuts after getting some bad news. 

Food is such a comfort for me.

Next Monday will be poor 

Hope you are ok. I am the same.

I've been a mess over the last couple of weeks worrying about what the future holds for +1s work. Ate cheese, breads, processed meats and drank on Friday night. Still had a loss, probably from me trying to run it all off on Sunday morning.

I’m in for my hip replacement Thursday so not sure what will happen from here on in. 

In hospital till Monday at best then not sure what exercise I’ll be able to undertake. Just gotta make sure lounge to fridge repeats aren’t on the rehab plan. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roxii said:

I’m in for my hip replacement Thursday so not sure what will happen from here on in. 

In hospital till Monday at best then not sure what exercise I’ll be able to undertake. Just gotta make sure lounge to fridge repeats aren’t on the rehab plan. 

Lucky you're not going to Prince of Wales, I know someone who'd have you out Saturday if not Friday!

Good luck with it.

:lol: 

I think it’s just because the surgeon operates on Thursdays and doesn’t want to interrupt his weekend so he doesn’t check back in till Monday 

• Like 1

Good luck Roxii. !!!   

85.8 and no change for me.  Clearly I've nailed the post race re-fuelling bit. :lol:

I’m away for work so I don’t want to skew my results with another scale. Overall my week had been pretty good until the gang Mr cheezels, Miss Salt and vinegar, and Mr Cadbury Caramilk and his great mate Carlton Dry arrive Saturday night.

• Haha 1

Two weeks of work, (mental) training and conferencing, and no where near time to be able to exercise, these last two weeks have sucked.

6 weeks until LCW

7 weeks until Hartley (3 days, 450km on the bike, with ~5500m of climbing)

Heaviest I have ever been.

Bring on the training.

Down another 600gm

challenge this week will be due to sprained ankle on Saturday. Can’t do much exercise. Hopefully will be able to ride bike later in week. 

Can’t weigh in, still in hospital... and they won’t let me out till my movement has been assessed. 
unfortunately it’s my bowel movement they need to assess and that hasn’t happened yet. :sadangel:

83.0 even for me this week. Last weigh in was 83.8 after grand final weekend, but it would have been higher again last week with a week of travel.

I had a good week with food and exercise, and getting a hold of my daily calories needs.

A bad week for me. Yet another combined birthday party for me, and pigged out on the Russian/Ukranian meats & desserts that mt sister-in-law cooked up.

89kg.