dazmuzza

Wahoo Kickr BIKE

2 hours ago, dazmuzza said:

Remember wind trainers were $99 and then the kickr came out at $1900usd. 

So going on what given it comes with a built in kickr climb.  Its not bad. 

• Like 1

Just now, Peter said:

Remember wind trainers were $99 and then the kickr came out at $1900usd. 

So going on what given it comes with a built in kickr climb.  Its not bad. 

Initial price of the KICKR was supposed to be $999, they changed this to $1099 3 weeks before launch (not all web stores taking pre-orders updated their prices), this was back when the AUD was buying ~1.06USD.

A Computrainer at the same time was ~1600AUD

39 minutes ago, pieman said:

I would love a separate smart bike to do indoor training on. Hate riding my bikes on the kickr.. might wait for this though, cos you know, #goldstandard

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/srm-smartit-indoor-training-bike/

You could buy a whole bike, and kickr, and climb, and fan and still have change. Their targeting the wrong market with this. They should've gone towards commercial with this product. 

Circa $5.5k Aussie for the bike. The peleton was too expensive and didn't sell. I don't get the price point. It is kinda cool though. 

I'll do you a deal on all the components including dedicated bike if you want :Pshit I'll even throw in the P3 with kickr/fan and climb for $4.8k

Wind tunnel tested???

12 minutes ago, willie said:

You could buy a whole bike, and kickr, and climb, and fan and still have change. Their targeting the wrong market with this. They should've gone towards commercial with this product. 

Circa $5.5k Aussie for the bike. The peleton was too expensive and didn't sell. I don't get the price point. It is kinda cool though. 

I'll do you a deal on all the components including dedicated bike if you want :Pshit I'll even throw in the P3 with kickr/fan and climb for $4.8k

That's whack! Gonna depreciate like a mofo

10 minutes ago, zed said:

That's whack! Gonna depreciate like a mofo

Is whack good or bad?

#soold #thingstheyoungonessay

It's lit!

7 minutes ago, goughy said:

It's lit!

That one I know. Not sure of it's etymology though. Makes no sense to me at all.

2 hours ago, willie said:

People have a lot of money. 

Maybe just not people on here. 

I have honestly seen about 30 Tesla’s today. Forgotten the number of merc amgs 

this wont appeal to mum and dad 2 kids but I can assure you there is a market for it. 

Think singapore. Hong Kong. NYC. 

This is the gaming sports time to shine. 

Not everyone live where you can ride outdoors for every ride. 

I'm a big fan. I think with the ability to brake and potentially turn they have future-proofed themselves. If you were a dedicated indoor cycling trainee, this is exactly what you want and need. Up, down, round and round and with gear selection simulation. It's pretty close to riding outside, inside. Give it a little while until there is triathlon/TT integration with aerobar shifters, and you'll have a lot of people won over. It's just the pricing though, it's a bit steep for me personally. I know that there'd be a lot of people out there who would love to take their bikes off their trainers to protect them from any damage and run this 100% though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BNothling said:

I know that there'd be a lot of people out there who would love to take their bikes off their trainers to protect them from any damage and run this 100% though. 

Yeah I'm actually going to buy a cheap roadie or bike with cracked frame that I can use soley on my Kickr.