ComfortablyNumb

Duval Dam Busters Trail Run, Armidale NSW

Wow - flashback there. I have run up Mount Duval a few times when I was in high school. There was a Duval to Duval fun run, Duval High School to Mount Duval. Never managed to get up to the top without walking. 

8 hours ago, flathead said:

Wow - flashback there. I have run up Mount Duval a few times when I was in high school. There was a Duval to Duval fun run, Duval High School to Mount Duval. Never managed to get up to the top without walking. 

We live close to Duval High School & can see Mt Duval from our front yard.  Duval High & Armidale High are being merged into a new Super School, which is currently being built on the site of the old Armidale High (demolished).  Students from both schools are currently at Duval High, but it will be demolished for residential blocks once the new Super School is finished.

Katz - you're an Armidale girl?

1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Katz - you're an Armidale girl?

I'm a Newcastle girl, but lived in Armidale for a while, still have friends there and many very fond memories. It was a good time in my life in a lot of ways. It will always have a special place in my heart.

52 minutes ago, Katz said:

I'm a Newcastle girl, but lived in Armidale for a while, still have friends there and many very fond memories. It was a good time in my life in a lot of ways. It will always have a special place in my heart.

It's in a sorry state atm I'm afraid to say Katz.  Worst drought ever, and the native kid's light a grass fire at least once a day, which the fire brigade have to extinguish with our ever dwindling town water supply.  Looking forward to the good times again.

I hope the good times come soon. I have friends up there who have been posting on FB regularly and it's just looking terrible. Like it's not been seen in a long time. Such a shame the kids are lighting fires compounding the problems.