gplama

Varia Radar // Garmin & Wahoo Support // RTL500 Deal

G'day Trannies. 

I need to bang on about the Varia Radar... because it's such a game changer for me out riding by myself. If you didn't catch the news, Wahoo now support the Radar on the Elemnt/BOLT/ROAM units. The RTL500 (square ugly one) and the RTL510 (newer sexy one) are both supported. 

I've done a video on the newer Radar a while back, and covered the Wahoo implementation this week over on YouTube too

Pushy's have the older ugly one on sale for $149. Bargain. A local bike shop here price matched for me on that yesterday with their last one in stock, so I snapped that up. If you're thinking about one - GET IT. And see if your local has any in stock that'll price match... or head over to Pushys. 

Let me know if you ride with one (or won't ride without one). And if you're a 'mirror crew', all good. This is better. :)

Happy Friday! 

• Like 5

If it wasnt for you I wouldn’t have known. Love your YouTube work. 

Ive upgraded 

06013EDE-3F85-4918-B1AD-00F17A9F28BC.png

• Like 1

I have the newer version of the radar and TBH I absolutely love it. 

It is great tool for when riding solo - particularly on lonely largely empty roads

Edited by dazmuzza
  • Like 1

Needs to have a special ute logo on the screen, just so you can fully prepare yourself for whats coming. 

Disclaimer: I'm a ute driver. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Peter said:

If it wasnt for you I wouldn’t have known. Love your YouTube work. 

Ive upgraded 

The original graphic Wahoo used were little race cars. F1 style. It was brilliant. I begged to keep them for the public release, no dice. 

• Sad 1

A few in my group have had them from the early days.  They've always worked great, and as I'm the slow poke, I can see flashing change on their varia so I know someone coming behind me.  I don't have a Garmin that works with them though, so I'd need the head unit too.  I'll just continue being the Super duper over cautious cyclist.

• Like 1

It's only good on quiet roads.  Certainly useless on beach road.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, gplama said:

G'day Trannies. 

I need to bang on about the Varia Radar... because it's such a game changer for me out riding by myself. If you didn't catch the news, Wahoo now support the Radar on the Elemnt/BOLT/ROAM units. The RTL500 (square ugly one) and the RTL510 (newer sexy one) are both supported. 

I've done a video on the newer Radar a while back, and covered the Wahoo implementation this week over on YouTube too

Pushy's have the older ugly one on sale for $149. Bargain. A local bike shop here price matched for me on that yesterday with their last one in stock, so I snapped that up. If you're thinking about one - GET IT. And see if your local has any in stock that'll price match... or head over to Pushys. 

Let me know if you ride with one (or won't ride without one). And if you're a 'mirror crew', all good. This is better. :)

Happy Friday! 

Thanks Shane! Love you work. BTW when watching your videos if I skip the ads does than mean you don't get any revenue (I actually sit through your ads just encase..)?

Someone just posted my 10% off code for Pushys. Crikey. PU-512SJUL3  should work. No idea how long for.. but it'll knock $15 off that Varia RTL500. I need a friggin affiliate link with that crew! 

2 minutes ago, more said:

Thanks Shane! Love you work. BTW when watching your videos if I skip the ads does than mean you don't get any revenue (I actually sit through your ads just encase..)?

Cheers! Um... yeah, but skip away. It's all good. The channel is still building and gets enough hits/views/interaction to keep things ticking along. 

30 minutes ago, Limited said:

I think the radar needs a camera. That would be a game changer 

It'd be a good combination - Though they're two different things. The Radar can inform you of what's coming so you're better informed. A camera will capture what you didn't know what was coming so your loved ones can be better informed of what killed you. 

• Like 1