Sign in to follow this  
MackaEvo2

wireless earbuds

Do you have earbuds? (true wireless in ear headphones)

Which ones?

Likes? dislikes? 

If you were buying a new pair would you get the ones you have or something else? 

The new jaybird run model that's just been released is getting some good wraps, as are the new Sony ones that include ANC.  I wanted to order the new Nuraloops (which do have a wire between them).  Fit is a really big deal for these.  I've never found iPhone earbuds (any of them) comfortable and they don't stay in place in my ears.  

1 hour ago, goughy said:

The new jaybird run model that's just been released is getting some good wraps, as are the new Sony ones that include ANC.  I wanted to order the new Nuraloops (which do have a wire between them).  Fit is a really big deal for these.  I've never found iPhone earbuds (any of them) comfortable and they don't stay in place in my ears.  

For me fit is the most important. I like minimal so find the Sony, Bose and beats to be on the larger size.

Some that I have seen include:
Jabra Elite sport $350
Apple earbuds $250
Galaxy buds $200
Sanheiser Momentum $500
Cre8 sounds P1 $160
Jaybird xt $279
Pioneer C8 $229
Audiofly AFT1 $149
Jaybird Vista $299
SOL REPUBLIC amps air $200
BlueAnt pump air $168
JBL free $200

Edited by MackaEvo2

The Apple ones are great. Can run with them.  I can even fall asleep with them in. 

Same shape as the wired ones, but for some reason they don’t fall out. 

Sound is great. 

Price not so much. 

I reckon these are the best.

Button on right ear accepts calls, pauses, plays.

Button on left ear does volume.

i use them at work most days as well, I love them as they have a microphone so you can use for calls.

https://smoothsales.com.au/products/plantronics-backbeat-fit-2100-wireless-in-ear-headphones?variant=12969606086711&sfdr_ptcid=21235_389_402355182&sfdr_hash=fdb670b3eb6757f03286cc781c6ab928&gclid=CjwKCAjw44jrBRAHEiwAZ9igKCVQ1LcD85J1b1dcO2eg5EjsY8b02Mq8FWpVbyBX9OaGZCiI4t5b7hoCzjsQAvD_BwE

Edited by Nath.

Do any of the above earphones have capability to load music onto them.  I don’t train with music for lots of reasons, but if music were able to be loaded on them so you don’t need to carry a phone / iPod I could be swayed to give them a shot. 

Not buds, but I am a massive fan of the Trekz bone conduction headphones I bought off Willie a while ago. Perfect for cycling.

16 hours ago, Nath. said:

I reckon these are the best.

Button on right ear accepts calls, pauses, plays.

Button on left ear does volume.

i use them at work most days as well, I love them as they have a microphone so you can use for calls.

https://smoothsales.com.au/products/plantronics-backbeat-fit-2100-wireless-in-ear-headphones?variant=12969606086711&sfdr_ptcid=21235_389_402355182&sfdr_hash=fdb670b3eb6757f03286cc781c6ab928&gclid=CjwKCAjw44jrBRAHEiwAZ9igKCVQ1LcD85J1b1dcO2eg5EjsY8b02Mq8FWpVbyBX9OaGZCiI4t5b7hoCzjsQAvD_BwE

Yeah these. I've been using these for a few years. Rock solid on your head and in your ears, they don't budge, 7 hours battery life and water resist. 

I have the Bose SoundSport wireless and I've never had any issues. I don't know why someone would pay for Apple EarPods when for the same price you can buy from a company who solely dedicates themselves to sound quality. 

I sweat up a storm and never had an issue and I've also run with them in the rain. In response to your second question - if I were to buy them again, I would probably buy them with the chord between them that runs around your neck. I love the minimalist look of mine, but it's a bit impractical because when you need to take one/two out you need to hold them in your hand. With the wired version you can just let them hang off your neck.

Also, it hasn't happened to me but it has crossed my mind - if they fall out mid activity they are potentially gone as they aren't attached to anything. At least with the other option they would, again, hang down from your neck.

second the Bose. get them at jbhifi with extra warranty. have tried all the others and had issues with sweat.   if you use them running and you sweat a bit, many can't handle it. 

I picked up the jabra elite sport. Could get them to connect to the iPhone but not the MacBook or the mighty mini audio player. Anyone have these and have any thoughts why.
These might be going be

I got jabra elite active 65t's for Xmas, and had been pretty happy with them.  But the battery has been a bit funky lately.  So warranty return to jbhifi and they let me upgrade to the new 75t's!  Pluck a duck, these are a big improvement!  I don't expect great sound out of earbuds, I have my Nuraphones for that.  But these are damn good.  I also generally use hear through, or what is their transparency mode, when I'm walking so I can hear around me and there's is adjustable and exceptional.  So far (only had them a few days) I'm surprisingly impressed.  Not that I thought they'd be bad.  

Anyone have cheap wireless that are OK, less than $120.  I did have trekz bone conduction ones that I paid over $200 for but lost them.  I found them OK but if I was using them on pubic transport or anywhere that was noisy struggled to hear.

That's not really a surprise, since a feature of them is to be able to hear the world around you.

You can find Jabra elite 65t wireless buds for about$150 ATM, $180 for the active elite 65t's

MPow is the best secret in the game. I love their stuff. We have 3 pairs of the Flames between my wife and I (a spare set in case one of the twins/cats gets their hands on them) and I also use a set of the noise cancelling head phones for travel.

Absolutely phenomenal stuff and so bloody cheap. Can't recommend highly enough.

3 hours ago, Ironnerd said:

2 hours ago, BNothling said:

MPow is the best secret in the game. I love their stuff. We have 3 pairs of the Flames between my wife and I (a spare set in case one of the twins/cats gets their hands on them) and I also use a set of the noise cancelling head phones for travel.

Absolutely phenomenal stuff and so bloody cheap. Can't recommend highly enough.

Just ordered.

• Like 2