goughy

What ya doin' today??

Down in Canberra. Floriade for the missus then Parliament House, War Memorial then just finished an AIS Tour. Just having a beer before cooking a BBQ. 

Back home tomorrow then catch up on some golf and training. 

Life’s grand.

FM

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

All day ride. Over 10 hours. The guys an animal.

You mean our Sam aka FFF Sam??

Thats crazy stuff. I miss Sam

• Like 1

Last day of holiday today. Fly back to Auckland later today. 

Had daughters school graduation last night. So now finished with school. 

Onto next life phase

• Like 1

Dropping my wife at the train station, dropping the kid at school. Then going for a ride. 

I was meant to be staying at home & weeding the garden. I found a guy on gumtree that does hand weeding for $25 p/hr.  Best $100 I have ever spent. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two hours of root canal - following up from the two hours yesterday. I'm literally a bear with a sore head...

• Sad 3

26 minutes ago, Flanman said:

Golf, fantastic day. 

FM

Hole in one?

• Haha 1

My FIL had a leaking tap in the bathroom, so a quick drive around there this morning to change some tap washers. No leak anymore so that was good.

Home by 8:30, so a full day at the computer (I won't mention the occasional Trannie breaks).

Dug up a clump of Heliconias at lunchtime & sold a few of them (enough for a nice bottle of scotch), then after work potted the rest, about 20.

A good day.  A full day.

• Like 2

Took the young fella to watch the Santa Cruz skateboard team doing an exhibition skate at Sydenham skate park. 
Man they have taken skating up a few notches since I was a boy.

probably more impressed by how well they fall. Some big crashes (no protective gear at all) yet they just bounce or slide and ride away. 
Fun night and the young bloke scored heaps of free stuff including a new deck which he got signed by the whole team. 

• Like 4

Went out for an hour this morning and shot a trout and mangrove jack, weather is too good so got the daughter this arvo and went back out and grabbed a couple Crays for dessert and a Spanish flag that the young fella likes

9342DE22-D985-4360-92A7-FC5948B4EC30.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dam all your pics of crays make me so jealous!! You realise they sell for over $100 a kilo down here!! 

• Haha 1

Reading my rejection email from London Marathon (no surprise there). 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, more said:

Dam all your pics of crays make me so jealous!! You realise they sell for over $100 a kilo down here!! 

10 minute drive to ramp, 600m in the tinny to my honey hole and walla! Cray for dinner, I dropped two others today, well one had berries so she went back to keep breeding the other one I dropped it when diving back looking for my speargun 

• Like 1

If I knew the food would be this good I’d have booked in sooner. 

C8B27A8E-99CB-4489-AE81-591C2D1103DE.jpeg

there goes the plan to lose a few kgs due to the dodgy food 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, roxii said:

If I knew the food would be this good I’d have booked in sooner. 

C8B27A8E-99CB-4489-AE81-591C2D1103DE.jpeg

there goes the plan to lose a few kgs due to the dodgy food 

Might drop in to visit, what time do they serve dinner  😁

Hope you are recovering well mate ................ do lots of drugs

• Like 1

Recover well Roxii :thumbsup:

We are having plantation shutters fitted today. When I got the quote, I figured I was getting the effin plantation as well!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, FatPom said:

Recover well Roxii :thumbsup:

We are having plantation shutters fitted today. When I got the quote, I figured I was getting the effin plantation as well!

That’s a big investment to keep out the sun 3 days a year. :lol: 

(sorry, I’ll blame the pain killers) 

• Haha 1

Early swim, touch footy, rock climbing, mow lawns, long walk - I'm buggered...

• Like 1

Up early, delivered a heap of plants for someone at Redcliffe. Home by 6am, potted a few plants & then cooked a big breakie for the family & FiL. Then spent a few hours shoveling shit (loaded a trailer full of horse manure, brought it home then used half of it to dig into a new garden I'm building for some flowers. Sold a heap of cuttings to a nursery up the road (another hour of digging to get them out), then put the rest into the new garden.

Like last Sunday, I've been on my feet working in the yard for about 12 hours. I too am buggered.

• Like 1

Ran 19km early doors.  Watching RWC then filling some holes where two radiators used to be.  Rock n roll!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FatPom said:

Having these fitted in my garage.  It's the second phase of 'operation turn the garage into a pain can/workshop'.  Phase 1 was my insulated roller door last week.  

https://www.ecotileflooring.com/product/e5007/

you will now be able to  drive forklift trucks in your garage!  🤣😀

23 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

you will now be able to  drive forklift trucks in your garage!  🤣😀

Yeah and park my fleet of pristine super cars on it, if the marketing is anything to go by. 😎

• Haha 2

Stop it FM. Next you'll be out in your new boat!!! ;)

Love your work. PS: How many balls did your group lose? And if you and your mates need golfs balls Mini Foz has over 1000 balls for sale. He sold his last batch (3000) to a guy in Melbourne. 

Edited by IronmanFoz

19 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

How many balls did your group lose?

Three - I lost two on the last hole (across the water).

Is your son a diver ?

FM

It's nearly midnight here, and I've just finished proof-reading the last high-school assignment my son will ever do. He's so proud to have it done before midnight the night before it's due.

Parabolic equations and ballistics. Just what I needed tonight. 

• Like 1

Dropped the Missus at airport this arvo then had 11 holes of golf. From tomorrow, I will be a semi professional athlete for a week. I might even give updates. Lol  

FM

Edited by Flanman
  • Like 2

Another typical Sunday.

Up just after 5 (even though I got to bed after midnight. I just can't shake the habit) and out in the yard to start a new strip garden.

Worked for nearly 3 hours, then off to coffee (tea actually) to discuss our latest efforts to get a decent Broadband resolution for our area from the NBN. Home to cook breakfast for the FiL & family, then back into the yard till about 5:30.

Absolutely stuffed now, but finished the garden and it should be growing well by the end of Summer. Also got the lawn done, and dug out a good size section that provided some of the dirt that went into the mounded garden (along with half a  cubic metre of horse manure). 

Then at the end of it all, jumped into the pool to clean off & relax.

Note: Low carb beer. :)

DSC00094.thumb.JPG.358697b68db252d19bcd204b127bb875.JPGDSC00101.thumb.JPG.f6340ea9ee4b4bb45c077420ec64f48e.JPG

• Like 2

I'm flying to Newcastle tomorrow to meet my older half-sister for the first time. Nervous, but mainly excited - we weren't sure if she knew she was adopted so we were hesitant to make contact, but so far so good 😊

Just happens that we're meeting her on our mother's birthday too - I wish she was alive to see us all together

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, -H- said:

I'm flying to Newcastle tomorrow to meet my older half-sister for the first time. Nervous, but mainly excited - we weren't sure if she knew she was adopted so we were hesitant to make contact, but so far so good 😊

Just happens that we're meeting her on our mother's birthday too - I wish she was alive to see us all together

All the best -H-, hope it's a great meet up.

• Like 2

We made our last ever school run today. Graduation last night and their final assembly this morning. I think Goughy had a similar day as well.

image.png.590ea62bba54d7a04aebfd8f4696070b.png

Wooohooooo!!!!!!

It's done.

• Like 4

Had a work dinner and hotel stay last night. Up  early now, drive home then run 18kms.

Then we are  off to Somerset  for the weekend as Flipper has an inset day so no school.

• Like 1

Spent 3 days in Hong Kong. The student protesters have officially farked HK now. 

6 week ago I was here and it was fine. 

Now, shops shut everywhere.  The locals and 97% of those over 25yrs old are over it. 

Glad ive got out. Won’t ever come back. Shame as it used to be awesome. 

• Sad 1

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:06 PM, Peter said:

Spent 3 days in Hong Kong. The student protesters have officially farked HK now. 

6 week ago I was here and it was fine. 

Now, shops shut everywhere.  The locals and 97% of those over 25yrs old are over it. 

Glad ive got out. Won’t ever come back. Shame as it used to be awesome. 

Yep, One of my favourite cities. Use to for up 2 times per year for a few weeks and always had a ball.

I was last in HK about 2.5 years ago. It looks pretty crzy there now.

Just spent the morning cleaning up 6.7 litres of Penrite 15w-40 diesel oil off the driveway!  Thought I’d service the Ute before I head off road tripping the west coast on my Spearfishing trip.....::it pays to put the sump plug back in before putting the oil in! 

doh!

• Sad 2

So in the vein of stuff ups, I went down to a firewood collection area yesterday, 45 minute drive from home.  Serviced the chainsaw before heading off, backed up my kit of items (spares, extra fuel and oil etc), got down nice and early and got started on filling the ute up.  Didn't take too long and needed to adjust the chain, that was when I realised I had left the tool for tensioning the chainsaw at home.  5 minutes of panic, then discovered that the wheel nut socket for a Colorado ute is the right tool for using on Stihl Chainsaws as well.

Turned into a long afternoon of hand splitting and stacking firewood, two-thirds of next winters stock is now split and drying

• Like 1

I am up in the Blue Mountains until Friday. Just had a walk through and around the Three Sisters, Skyway and the train. great day and clear. Staying at the Hydro Majestic (work farewell present). Will do some looksee in an around. Oh, and here with the missus as it is our anniversary. 

FM

4116AA85-DD8C-4BED-A4FE-55DDA9A1E233.jpeg

B8E81631-9675-4299-A6B4-4F879CEAD155.jpeg

Edited by Flanman
  • Like 3

I stayed at a place called Fairmont peppers I think from memory in 2004 on our honeymoon.  I loved the blue mountains 

• Like 1

I'm sweating!