goughy

What ya doin' today??

Now that winter is over I got up early & potted a number of plants from the gardens before starting work at 7:30. I'm loving the extra daylight in the mornings now, and the fact I can get outside without the warm gear on.

The 2nd shot is what the shade-house is starting to look like inside. A few weeks & the burnt Winter leaves will be gone & it'll look & feel like a lush rainforest in there.

DSC_2888.thumb.JPG.665073138ca83d6411266d1565296134.JPGDSC_2877.thumb.JPG.66b6aef952f42fec0a63959c1c6b4bdf.JPG

• Like 4

We went to Coffs for skin checks, & I got a swim in, in the Coffs 50m outdoor pool while my wife had a shop.  There was another triathlete in the lane next to me in a fully wettie!  It was pretty damn cold in there (due to recent southerlies he told me), but the highlight was having ducks & a seagull doing laps next to me. Funny to see their little feet going like stink underwater a metre away 😄

• Like 3

My daughter went to Coff's today, with her boyfriend and his family.

About to get my uber namaste on at a weekend Yoga retreat!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goughy said:

About to get my uber namaste on at a weekend Yoga retreat!

I'm at yoga this morning, then rock climbing and finally the Japanese Matsuri festival in Chatswood.

Gym.  Then gym again ferrying buckets of greywater up and down to the garden.  I think the grass will have to be let go, but hoping to save most of the shrubs/trees. Damn drought.

Couldn't use my usual gym room this morning as it is full of sleeping fire-fighters.

It's bloody grim it is out here atm.  That clear blue sky is killing us.

20190914_102643[1].jpg

On 14/09/2019 at 2:59 AM, Bored@work said:

Checked this forum at 2:30 in the morning because jet lag sucks

Welcome to my life.

On 14/09/2019 at 2:59 AM, Bored@work said:

Checked this forum at 2:30 in the morning because jet lag sucks

You picked the wrong night. Hell of a stage last night, and 2 nights ago, but the night you were up was a boring sprint stage. :)

Watching from my office window, through a blue smoke haze, as all your Sydney fire trucks pass through town.

Hope you don't get a bad fire down there, cos they are all up here! - Campbelltown, Menai..... 

7 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Watching from my office window, through a blue smoke haze, as all your Sydney fire trucks pass through town.

Hope you don't get a bad fire down there, cos they are all up here! - Campbelltown, Menai..... 

Take care CN x

• Like 1

I watched the rain as the thunderstorm came through this afternoon. First rain in nearly 2 months, and if I ran around to try to get the drops I might have actually gotten wet.

Very disappointing.

• Sad 1

After running in the rain I felt I had been 'hard' enough so decided to forego the pool. But then felt ridiculously soft after watching a 4 channel crossing, so got up off my ass...

• Like 3

1.5mm here only.  Another 298.5mm over the next 2 months and we'll be sweet 😯

Smoke has gone though.

The biggest problem we have in town is the black kids purposely lighting fires. 74 so far this year, and every one uses up our scarce water to put it out 🤬

11 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

1.5mm here only.  Another 298.5mm over the next 2 months and we'll be sweet 😯

Smoke has gone though.

The biggest problem we have in town is the black kids purposely lighting fires. 74 so far this year, and every one uses up our scarce water to put it out 🤬

Big one around Guyra, was it? The cause of all the smoke I mean.

23 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Unlikely, has not stopped raining since yesterday morning. Cold and windy as well. Winter has not ended.

Did a  biathlon today - otherwise known as the Sydney Corporate Cup. There were rivers flowing along the path and some parts were a foot under water. 

Great day. 

FM

3 hours ago, Katz said:

Big one around Guyra, was it? The cause of all the smoke I mean.

One lit in town by the kids y'day, out now.

The others near Glen Innes and Wards Mistake.  And a huge one further north near Ebor.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, BogFrog said:

After running in the rain I felt I had been 'hard' enough so decided to forego the pool. But then felt ridiculously soft after watching a 4 channel crossing, so got up off my ass...

Funny. I was the same minus the run. I swam an all time 1k tt record. Not bad at my age.  

997CEC3C-379D-48DF-961F-492EA46B7DDB.jpeg

• Like 2

Drove from Cradle Mt to Freycinet national park. Both beautiful parts of Tasmania. 

Thought of detouring thru Derby for a ride but that would have made a long travel day. 

Just watching the sunset over Freycinet Bay. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rory-dognz said:

Drove from Cradle Mt to Freycinet national park. Both beautiful parts of Tasmania. 

Thought of detouring thru Derby for a ride but that would have made a long travel day. 

Jealous. I just love Tassie.

25 minutes ago, rory-dognz said:

Great run from the carpark up over the lookout & down into Wineglass bay. Did it at sunrise one morning. Stunning.

If you stay at Bicheno, don't bother paying for a penguin tour. We grabbed fish & chips from the take-away at the sea-life centre, walked straight down the front of there & watched a couple dozen of them swim in through the surf come up over the rocks and walk within a couple metres of us up into their nests. Apparently that night the tour saw about 5.

• Like 1

Currently watching my daughter watch the bachelor!  So priceless watching her scream at the tv and calling Matt stupid, "you're so stupid, aarrggghhh".  Hilarious stuff!

We just made our daughter explain to our son what she meant when she screamed out, "Matt, stop thinking with your little head!"  It was pretty funny watching the hand gestures she tried to use.

• Like 1

Heading out to Heron Island on Great Barrier Reef today 

first rain in weeks and it is in Queensland!

Going to Screwfix to get some trunking, then fitting an electrical socket near my existing garage door, in preparation for the arrival of my new whizz bang,  insulated, remote, roller door in Oct.  ooh la la:toot:

• Haha 1

With any luck, today I will get to submit my resignation from a pretty crappy job. 

Made a call to a former colleague at 12.30pm yesterday. Had an offer by 3:30.  Just need it formalised today so I can quit in the last day of my probation which allows me one week's notice rather than 4. 

Cross your fingers for me please?

Edited by Katz
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Katz said:

With any luck, today I will get to submit my resignation from a pretty crappy job. 

Made a call to a former colleague at 12.30pm yesterday. Had an offer by 3:30.  Just need it formalised today so I can quit in the last day of my probation which allows me one week's notice rather than 4. 

It's hard to type, but I am.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Katz said:

you can still give 1 weeks notice.

They can't sack you.

And if you hate them, then why would you care.

The only real reason to work out a longer period is to not drop the people you liked in the sh1t as you leave.

17 minutes ago, Peter said:

They can't sack you.

The only real reason to work out a longer period is to not drop the people you liked in the sh1t as you leave.

Prince can probably answer better, but there are clauses in a lot of agreements that allow the employer to deduct what you leaving early may cost them (eg retraining, loss of ability to do business) etc from any pay you have owing.

49 minutes ago, Peter said:

They can't sack you.

All true. And I don't hate the team I work closely with (not all of them at least) and I don't want to drop all of them in the crap. Just some. LOL

I wouldn't be especially surprised though if once I gave notice they didn't want me sticking around for long. Not anything about me, but just the bosses and the way they operate, which is precisely why notice is being given.

37 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Prince can probably answer better, but there are clauses in a lot of agreements that allow the employer to deduct what you leaving early may cost them (eg retraining, loss of ability to do business) etc from any pay you have owing.

There's nothing in my contract to that effect. I'm not that important. :)

1 minute ago, Katz said:

I wouldn't be especially surprised though if once I gave notice they didn't want me sticking around for long. Not anything about me, but just the bosses and the way they operate, which is precisely why notice is being given.

If they do want you to go early, they have to pay out your notice period. That means you may be better off with a 4 week notice.

1 minute ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

If they do want you to go early, they have to pay out your notice period. That means you may be better off with a 4 week notice.

I know. It's a real struggle that one as there is always the risk they won't.

4 hours ago, Katz said:

I know. It's a real struggle that one as there is always the risk they won't.

I'd take the chance. You ether have to endure it for another 4wks and get paid, or they kick you out and you get paid. Either way, you'll get 4wks pay.

Well, by way of update, I signed the new contract and tendered my resignation. Notice period ends next Tuesday. Have not yet been advised  when I will be requested to depart.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

You could just keep calling in sick.  

Rules are made to be broken.  

It all depends on the industry & your reputation. I worked I. The airline industry for two years. For a company called National Jet, now known as cobham. 

When I handed in my resignation the boss said he was going to make my last month the worst month of my life. 

I reminded him I was 1 week short of two years service so only had to give two weeks. 

I worked all 10 days notice as I didn’t want to drop my mates in it. 

But I went to town in my exit interview. Referred to the logistics manager as a smiling Hitler. Who enjoyed tearing strips of his staff in front of his peers. There was no way I worked work there again. 

Raeelaide is a small place. The number of ppl who resigned after me was crazy almost a 80% turn over if staff in two years.

Radelaide is a small place & I look forward to bumping into him. I was only 23 back then & with mortgage I was too scared to speak up. I’m fairly vocal now :)

I've offered to stay up to when I was going to be taking leave to go to Melbourne week after next. I am yet to be advised.

There is a lot to hand over and I've started the process (to a poor new young girl who is completely out of her depth, but my boss resigned last week and now me and there's really no one else to hand over to just yet). I am disappointed my work mates will be left in a mess, especially as one is about to go on three weeks leave herself and the bloke they put over the top of our team due to the departure of my boss, who has only just started in the business about a month ago and has two other teams, starts two weeks leave on Monday. It was only a very small (too small for the workload) team of 6 to start with, so the loss of the two most senior members will very much leave them floundering.

Just remember, it's not your problem!  There's a justified reason you've made this decision.  They will soldier through.

• Like 1

Lovely ride this morning.  Could have ridden all day.

Guessing that will be Friday with a long weekend in Vic

mephoto.jpg

• Like 3

Yoga, shrink, now a cup of tea and slice of mud cake.  Too chill and need to get to work!

4 hours ago, Peter said:

mephoto.jpg

Those socks are a disgrace.  WTF are you thinking? 

7 minutes ago, roxii said:

#dressedinthedark - the only excuse....

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, roxii said:

Yeah and my top didnt match the bottom either.  

I save the good kit, glasses, socks for the weekend 

10 minutes ago, Peter said:

Yeah and my top didnt match the bottom either.  

I save the good kit, glasses, socks for the weekend 

We can no longer be friends!  

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Peter said:

Did you see what Sam did over in the west on the weekend?