goughy

What ya doin' today??

7 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

It was actually yesterday, but I took part in brisbane’s Inaugural car park climb race - levelled!  Talk about a hoot.  Race from ground level up to the 5th and top level on the bike of your choice.   Going off in pairs and getting a time.  The fastest of the day was one minute !. One guy on a fixie did it in 1:04 !  You did  a couple of rounds before only top 8 went through to eliminations rounds.  King and queen of the mountain scored  $500.  Oh to be young and fast 😂. If you live in Brisbane it is definitely one to do next year.  Great random prizes as well! There were cow bells and screaming hordes on level 4 as well to give you that extra boost for the last tight corners and ramp to the roof and glory.  😉

Love it.

One of the most fun races I ever did here was a stair climb running race. About 1000 all off at once from about 1km uphill from the building. I was in the first 20 to the door, and managed to get past another few,  but had an absolute hoot. Great to use the CBD and our built environment as a race venue.

• Like 1

Off to Hong Kong again. Hoping the airport remains usable otherwise could be a long day!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, trinube said:

flipper is growing up fast :)

Tell me about it. She starts Year 1 on Thursday!

16 hours ago, more said:

Is there free beer? 

There was free everything. My supporters (ie parents) definitely made the most of it.

4 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Flew to Qatar. About to fly to Paris. 

No donuts in the airport. Disappointed 

Not even Krispy Kreme?

Going back to work after a holiday. Also have to drive my POS car after having the awesome T6 for a week, man I'm missing that  Bluetooth already. :lol:

2 hours ago, FatPom said:

Going back to work after a holiday. Also have to drive my POS car after having the awesome T6 for a week, man I'm missing that  Bluetooth already. :lol:

Do you own a Euro car Ian?

1 minute ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Do you own a Euro car Ian?

The worst kind,,,French  (for shame, for shame :wallbash: )

22 minutes ago, FatPom said:

The worst kind,,,French  (for shame, for shame :wallbash: )

Don't tell me you bought a Renault!

My wife has a 2006 VW Jetta - expensive shit goes wrong (e.g. door locks fail) but it has not been too bad.

But never buying Euro again!

29 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Don't tell me you bought a Renault!

My wife has a 2006 VW Jetta - expensive shit goes wrong (e.g. door locks fail) but it has not been too bad.

But never buying Euro again!

We bought a Scenic back in late 2013 as a stop gap as Flipper was due in a few weeks. Back then I could walk to work.  It had done 51,000 miles, I hated it then, I hate it now but it's on 103,000 miles and apart from some brake work and a cam belt change, damn thing keeps bloody going. ;)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, FatPom said:

We bought a Scenic back in late 2013 as a stop gap as Flipper was due in a few weeks. Back then I could walk to work.  It had done 51,000 miles, I hated it then, I hate it now but it's on 103,000 miles and apart from some brake work and a cam belt change, damn thing keeps bloody going. ;)

I have to laugh - my parents (and now mu brother) buy nothing but Renaults (in Europe). They have never had problems with them and have run each of them into the ground. I think they are ugly AF. Husband and I have gone German and have had zero problems (touchWoodTouchWoodTouchWood!!! 😲

4 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

I have to laugh - my parents (and now mu brother) buy nothing but Renaults (in Europe). They have never had problems with them and have run each of them into the ground. I think they are ugly AF. Husband and I have gone German and have had zero problems (touchWoodTouchWoodTouchWood!!! 😲

I was thinking about an X1 or X3 for my next car but any of those in budget would have enough miles on that a trip to the garage could prove costly.

I looked at a Vitara but the non Grand versions are too small in the boot and a crap interior.

Funnily enough, a colleague has had the new version Peugeot 3008 for about a year and loves it. It has a lot of spec.  My sister has a Renault Captur which was lovely when new but it's cheapness is showing now.

If the Japanese ever learn to make a diesel engine that is actually any good, I'd look at those but their petrol versions are so thirsty.

I'd look at a 1.4TSI petrol but buying anything from VAG indicates that you've given up on life. :lol:

In Adelaide, walking tour of the city, then more walking around

#livingthedream

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, monkie said:

Aaaaaand it's a long day.

Be safe Monkie. I got caught up in the protests a few weeks ago and had to spend an extra day in HK. It took a week to get my suitcase back. While I was trapped in the terminal with the protesters, I felt very unsafe having seen the footage of the police using tear gas and rubber bullets in a subway station the day before.

Work has banned us travelling through HK. Last week I had to go Beijing, Singapore, Perth. Next time it will be Perth, Bangkok, Seoul.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FatPom said:

I'd look at a 1.4TSI petrol but buying anything from VAG indicates that you've given up on life. :lol:

Love my 1.2TSI Polo - zippy and runs on the smell of an oily rag - and I haven't given up on life! The RS3 is nicer for longer trips...

In Hong Kong... It's the first time in many times I've been here since the protests began that it's felt different. This is the first time I would tell people not to come here if they can avoid it.

Very weird vibe, a bunch of folks exhausted because they have spent every weekend on the streets for what seems like forever but completely committed to continuing to do so.

Nobody in my clients office because it's another strike day... Still had 14/17 learners turn up for the session and the rest dialled in. That's why I'll keep coming.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, monkie said:

In Hong Kong... It's the first time in many times I've been here since the protests began that it's felt different. This is the first time I would tell people not to come here if they can avoid it.

Very weird vibe, a bunch of folks exhausted because they have spent every weekend on the streets for what seems like forever but completely committed to continuing to do so.

Nobody in my clients office because it's another strike day... Still had 14/17 learners turn up for the session and the rest dialled in. That's why I'll keep coming.

I have a friend who is over there & he’s posing for pics In the middle of them. 

I’m walking around  Paris & just hanging out. Been doing some shopping and eating.  The ppl are freindly & very nice. Stopped for dinner by myself & had atleast three people come up & try to chat with me. I’m loving the street art & vibe of this community.

583D7CF3-FADC-443B-A798-8A0A2DFB5512.jpeg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I’m walking around  Paris & just hanging out. Been doing some shopping and eating.  The ppl are freindly & very nice. Stopped for dinner by myself & had atleast three people come up & try to chat with me. I’m loving the street art & vibe of this community.

583D7CF3-FADC-443B-A798-8A0A2DFB5512.jpeg

I adore Paris. I had a similar experience to you while there on my own a few years ago. 

8 minutes ago, Katz said:

I adore Paris. I had a similar experience to you while there on my own a few years ago. 

You I could understand Katz, but why the hell would anyone try to chat up B@W?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

I have a friend who is over there & he’s posing for pics In the middle of them. 

It's not dangerous. Just miserable.

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

You I could understand Katz, but why the hell would anyone try to chat up B@W?

I’m staying in the gay district 😏

6 hours ago, monkie said:

It's not dangerous. Just miserable.

Interesting. 

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Interesting. 

To be fair I have had quite a lot of public order training as a medic and my hobby is hanging around in green at Notting Hill Carnival, London on NYE and various riots over the years so my threshold for what I consider dangerous might be higher than most!

Edited by monkie

My missus had a pedicure from live fish then drank coffee made from animal droppings. Me, I just watched. 

FM

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Flanman said:

My missus had a pedicure from live fish then drank coffee made from animal droppings. Me, I just watched. 

FM

People that watch are Weirdos.  

• Haha 1

Built this for the young bloke this morning. 

Its his 13th birthday Monday 

A44772FF-47D5-428B-9C70-D3CC1916C482.jpeg

• Like 2

Great day Monday.

On 03/09/2019 at 11:36 PM, Flanman said:

FM

http://www.most-expensive.coffee/ ??

• Like 1

I've been hit by a killer strain of man-flu, so I've been banished to a back room, and have to wear a face-mask and spray anti-bacterial spray everywhere I go, as my grade 12 son has block exams in a week and we don't want him sick.

• Like 1

I've got it currently, from my daughter who's had it the last fortnight.  She even got to miss the QCS exams was hers became pneumonia.

2 hours ago, roxii said:

Built this for the young bloke this morning. 

Its his 13th birthday Monday 

A44772FF-47D5-428B-9C70-D3CC1916C482.jpeg

Have you booked an Ambo? Sure as shit the old man will have to give it a try ;)

Yoga this morning followed by rock climbing then a bit of lawn repair. Covered a new book I've been working on and just made a large batch of chocolate macadamias.  Now off for a walk before watching football all night :)

Just to make matters worse, as hard as it is to breathe with this flu, we've had a dust storm over Brisbane this morning, and now we're covered in smoke from a bush-fire I can see about 5km away. We are safe enough here, but it's getting awfully stuffy.

40 minutes ago, trinube said:

Have you booked an Ambo? Sure as shit the old man will have to give it a try ;)

Not sure if I should try before or after the new hip 

:lol: 

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Just to make matters worse, as hard as it is to breathe with this flu, we've had a dust storm over Brisbane this morning, and now we're covered in smoke from a bush-fire I can see about 5km away. We are safe enough here, but it's getting awfully stuffy.

Been bloody hazy out our way.

Looking at wildlife on Kangaroo Island. Great use of new camera  As part of our farewell to Australia trip

#livingthedream

Spent an hour watching the water bombing chopper flying over and pick up water from a backyard dam about 800m from our place, then drop it on the front of the fire that was about 4km away. It was doing the round trips every 4 minutes. Some pretty impressive flying.

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature

• Like 1

Talking of choppers, I finished my latest build, a 1969 Royal Australian Navy Wessex, the real one which is now in a museum on Port Phillip Isle.

And talking of water bombing choppers, on the way to Coffs on Friday, a Merc spontaneously combusted on Dorrigo Mtn and set fire to the bush.  They called in 2 choppers to water bomb it.  We were stuck there for 2hrs before backtracking & going the long way via Megan & Coramba.

Final1.jpg

Final3.jpg

• Like 1