goughy

What ya doin' today??

Building a rocker base for a wing chair a customer is having me do up for his sister who's about to have her first child.  Never done one of these before.  It seems to be square at least...

IMG_20190822_104605.jpg

• Like 2

Workin my arse off in an office so I can get away to Spain / France and Portugal for a month from the weekend.   (F*** Gotta get off transitions)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lawman said:

Workin my arse off in an office so I can get away to Spain / France and Portugal for a month from the weekend.   (F*** Gotta get off transitions)

Working my arse off in an office so I can get away to Europe for a month from the weekend.  

(And coming back to a new job, with a new Agency in a different State. )

(F*** Gotta get off transitions)

:w00t2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looking at transitions and seek whilst at work!!!

Need to find a new job..........

• Haha 1

Sitting by the pool at the Mercure in Alice Springs. Having done stage 1 of the Redback MTB race this morning and have stage 2 at 4.40pm

#livingthedream. #redbackmtbrace

• Like 7

Sleep in, golf lessons then baby sitting duties. Ho hum- life is tough. 

FM

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rory-dognz said:

Sitting by the pool at the Mercure in Alice Springs. Having done stage 1 of the Redback MTB race this morning and have stage 2 at 4.40pm

#livingthedream. #redbackmtbrace

Doubling up!!  The Mercure becoming your home?

I spent the day studying railway schematics, learning the ins and outs of our locos, wrapping my head around the railway signals, watching some shunting and learning all about auto haul.  At lunch I studied the wind pattern for tomorrow so when I got home I made the decision to hook the boat up and take it to work tomorrow so when I finish I can scoot out for a quick dive and hopefully shoot a fish or two.

• Like 1

meeting with my Director about pay increases for our employees.  I will argue that he does not need to give any increases above CPI, based on my countless hours of benchmarking. 

11 hours ago, KieranR said:

I spent the day studying railway schematics, learning the ins and outs of our locos, wrapping my head around the railway signals, watching some shunting and learning all about auto haul.

Watch your fingers! My dad lost his finger, before I was born, hooking up two carriages in the cane fields.

• Sad 1

Currently on the trainer, then off to school to finish Olivia's book week costume. I'm not a very good mum in the dress up department!. Interschool sport today. Then home. Cruisy day for a change. My kids are very challenging this year and I seem to have been stuck with all the tough kids cause they 'thrive' in my class. That's nice and I am glad that I'm being recognised but shit, 3 different classes (yr 6, 7 science, and usually, but not today thankfully, the at 'at home' sport kids), makes for tough days. And the behaviour reports when I have to miss a class .... 😩

So today is a good day 

One more day of work before we pick up our hired T6 camper for 8 days of surfing, running and relaxing in Wales.

• Like 4

Pretending to look busy for another 5 hours at work before getting ready to fly to Switzerland next Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, AA7 said:

Pretending to look busy for another 5 hours at work before getting ready to fly to Switzerland next Tuesday.

Hope you were carrying around the Pensky file

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wronggenes said:

Hope you were carrying around the Pensky file

I had to google that. Obviously I was never a Seinfeld watcher.

Work in Hampton East Gym at 6am till 8am

Run while washing in washing machine

Travel to Mitcham Gym for clients there 1030-1230,

Then to Hampton east Gym again 2-4

Then 430-630 at Elsternwick gym.   

• Like 2

Not pretending to look busy as the bosses are working from home today, so all I need to make sure of is I am "green" on Skype 😂

Two more work days then flying to Switzerland on Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Not pretending to look busy as the bosses are working from home today, so all I need to make sure of is I am "green" on Skype 😂

Two more work days then flying to Switzerland on Wednesday.

Does it stay green if you manually set it to green under your name? I always wondered.....

14 minutes ago, Katz said:

Does it stay green if you manually set it to green under your name? I always wondered.....

You can change your settings so that is shows green up until X mins of inactivity

20 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

You can change your settings so that is shows green up until X mins of inactivity

Unless your administrator has blocked the setting where you can change it, then its a matter of just flicking the mouse every now and again 😂 I am wondering if it flips it to away if I lock my computer....

Edit: Dammit!!! Your status will change immediately to "Away" when you lock your computer...

Edited by MissJess

1 hour ago, MissJess said:

Unless your administrator has blocked the setting where you can change it, then its a matter of just flicking the mouse every now and again 😂 I am wondering if it flips it to away if I lock my computer....

Edit: Dammit!!! Your status will change immediately to "Away" when you lock your computer...

There may or not be a program that can be loaded that 'wiggles' your mouse without you being there. Your admin may or may not know about and may or may not have barred it. :whistling:

DND is always a great option 'cos ya know, that vital preso you're working on. 👍

• Haha 1

I got to ride in the loco taking a 30 000t train to the car dumper at Parker point and bring an empty one back to our yard.

• Like 1

These days, I spend a fair bit of time collecting grey water & distributing it to try to keep at least some of the garden alive.  This drought is unbelievable, just clear blue skies every day.  The rain just does not seem to make is over the range.

Also spent 6hrs cutting out and rebuilding the window in a 1/72 scale Royal Australian Navy Wessex I'm building 🙄.

Got a 1500m swim in, though probably not so smart as I have a bit of a chest infection.

Day 3 or Redback MTB stage race in Alice Springs, so racing MTB this morning.

The body it starting to hurt from the impact of crashing, Today could be a long slow day with the back of the field

But beats sitting at a desk #redbackmtbrace  #livingthedream

• Like 4

Ground hog day. Anther 12 hour day in the Gobi desert in Mongolia. I have moved my roster around a little to cover for my boss. So this roster is only 21 days instead of the usual 28.

Still the work is interesting, the money is good and the people are great.

Last night was 90 minutes on a exercise bike and tonight I will do an outside run.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ironnerd said:

Ground hog day. Anther 12 hour day in the Gobi desert in Mongolia. I have moved my roster around a little to cover for my boss. So this roster is only 21 days instead of the usual 28.

Still the work is interesting, the money is good and the people are great.

Last night was 90 minutes on a exercise bike and tonight I will do an outside run.

What sort of work do you do?

21 hours ago, Katz said:

Or download a program that makes your cursor move a fraction so it looks like your green.

3 hours ago, rory-dognz said:

The body it starting to hurt from the impact of crashing,

Todays tip!!!! Don't crash :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Heading to bed for a few hours to try and get some kip after being night --> morning support crew for the Oxfam Trailwalker. Zzzzzzz

3 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Fact for the day.

MTBing = crashing (else you ain't having a red hot go 😉)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Or download a program that makes your cursor move a fraction so it looks like your green.

ahem

On 23/08/2019 at 6:13 AM, FatPom said:

There may or not be a program that can be loaded that 'wiggles' your mouse without you being there. Your admin may or may not know about and may or may not have barred it. :whistling:

DND is always a great option 'cos ya know, that vital preso you're working on. 👍

4 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Thanks, implemented that today. 

1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Fact for the day.

MTBing = crashing (else you ain't having a red hot go 😉)

The problem up here in Alice Springs is that any crash generally involves rocks. None of the nice soft dirt to land in. 

Still beats working 

• Like 2

Just got back from rock climbing - won a couple of North Face  t-shirts in a raffle for World Rock Climbing Day. Sweet!

• Like 4

Just hanging with my daughter at the beach, had a dive, no decent fish around today, so just colouring in lady beetles and watching all the boats zoom past 

22B2DBE1-9CE2-418B-813F-761A12247584.jpeg

• Like 7

15 hours ago, rory-dognz said:

The problem up here in Alice Springs is that any crash generally involves rocks. None of the nice soft dirt to land in. 

Still beats working 

Same as the tracks I ride.

I look at some of the nasty pointy rocks as I ride by and think WTF am I doing?

Still, after a while you learn you can point an MTB at some pretty crazy stuff & mostly stay upright, esp. a dually.

Sitting in a hotel room near the airport.  Packed and heading to Bali tomorrow. 

FM

• Like 3

Just finished the shade-house I've been tinkering with for the past few weeks. It used to be the chook run, but no-one wanted to keep the chooks. They're now happy with some kids at Dayboro, and I've got the shade-house I always wanted.

DSC_2880.thumb.JPG.ab77acc9071757569b6c76ca1d79dc56.JPGDSC_2877.thumb.JPG.55cb9290de83b6455048ef0a0dd08876.JPG

Still to tidy up inside, but now that the plants aren't being tattered by the wind, and dug out of the pots by the bandicoots, they should pick up quite quick.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Hanging out in the VIP tent in Lausanne at the ITU grand final.

• Like 1

It was actually yesterday, but I took part in brisbane’s Inaugural car park climb race - levelled!  Talk about a hoot.  Race from ground level up to the 5th and top level on the bike of your choice.   Going off in pairs and getting a time.  The fastest of the day was one minute !. One guy on a fixie did it in 1:04 !  You did  a couple of rounds before only top 8 went through to eliminations rounds.  King and queen of the mountain scored  $500.  Oh to be young and fast 😂. If you live in Brisbane it is definitely one to do next year.  Great random prizes as well! There were cow bells and screaming hordes on level 4 as well to give you that extra boost for the last tight corners and ramp to the roof and glory.  😉

if you want to see some of the action photos search levelled on Facebook 

Edited by Cat Lady
  • Like 2

On 31/08/2019 at 4:36 AM, FatPom said:

IMG_20190829_125114.jpg

flipper is growing up fast :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AA7 said:

Hanging out in the VIP tent in Lausanne at the ITU grand final.

Is there free beer?