BarryBevan

Alan Jones

1 minute ago, BarryBevan said:

Been setting new levels for class recently

No, I don't think he's risen back to his 2012 levels yet, re JG's Dad.

Its actually a disgrace what he gets away with.  

• Like 1

Piece of shit, and I don't say that about many people!  Hell, I love IJ :o

He was probably widely beloved up my way till he took on one of our famous families, but probably still well loved.  But, plenty up here wish PH was PM.

Good to see he has been so harshly reprimanded by his employer. Mcfreaking jokes. Should push the oxygen thief into the sea with Sandilands 

What I don't understand is he spits  venom at everyone (from what I can tell as a Melbourne boy) but because he does it against a female PM all of a sudden it's misogynistic? 

10 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Lot of people take his statements as facts

Was what he was saying about NZs carbon emissions increasing by 10 times ours or whatever it was correct or fake news? 

While he attacks anyone who doesn;t think like him, he saves a special level of malice and hate for any woman who dares to think. Gillard, Keneally, the CEO of the Opera House who wouldn't use it as a billboard for Alan's racing mates, and now Ardern. He uses depioctions of violence: throw Gillard into a chaff bag into the ocean, and now choking a respected NZ PM. He is just a misogynistic out of touch old white male

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, more said:

Was what he was saying about NZs carbon emissions increasing by 10 times ours or whatever it was correct or fake news? 

he has been forced to have a fact checker so anything that comes out of his mouth is fake news

When he is sacked he could join his "cockroaches on wheels" mate Hinch in Parliament.

Edited by Ironnerd

45 minutes ago, more said:

What I don't understand is he spits  venom at everyone (from what I can tell as a Melbourne boy) but because he does it against a female PM all of a sudden it's misogynistic? 

Aren't you a journalist? 

noun

1. 1. 
    a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women.
    "a bachelor and renowned misogynist"
    synonyms: woman-hater, anti-feminist, male chauvinist, male supremacist, chauvinist, sexist;More

3 hours ago, Parkside said:

Aren't you a journalist? 

So criticising a female is automatically misogynistic? I guess he has never criticised any male pollies? 

So it's great you can copy and paste a definition but do you comprehend it's meaning? 

Edited by more

Jones incited the Cronulla riots. Those comments are racist

Jones regularly criticises male politicians, both Labor, and centre leaning Coalition males. He overtakes them, harangues them, tells them what to think etc. Standard stuff he's been doing for decades. Biased, bullying perhaps. Not misogynistic.

Jones suggested Julia Gillard should be thrown into the sea in a chaff bag. He insulted her by suggesting her recently deceased father would be turning in his grave.Those comments are misogynistic.

Jones suggested our PM shove socks down the throat of the NZ female PM. Again misogynistic.

He can be a prick to males, the fact he steps it up a notch with rhetoric alluding to physical violence and particularly distasteful commentary against female political figures suggests he is a bully and a misogynist.

5 minutes ago, Parkside said:

Jones regularly criticises male politicians, both Labor, and centre leaning Coalition males. He overtakes them, harangues them, tells them what to think etc. Standard stuff he's been doing for decades. Biased, bullying perhaps. Not misogynistic.

Jones suggested Julia Gillard should be thrown into the sea in a chaff bag. He insulted her by suggesting her recently deceased father would be turning in his grave.Those comments are misogynistic.

Jones suggested our PM shove socks down the throat of the NZ female PM. Again misogynistic.

He can be a prick to males, the fact he steps it up a notch with rhetoric alluding to physical violence and particularly distasteful commentary against female political figures suggests he is a bully and a misogynist.

add megalomaniac into that diagnosis. Jones genuinely believes he transcends all authority and his power is absolute.

Edited by Coach@triathlon
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Coach@triathlon said:

add megalomaniac into that diagnosis. Jones genuinely believes he transcends all authority and his power is absolute.

I didn't;t want to add another admirable quality for IJ and More to consider.

2 hours ago, Parkside said:

Being a prick to someone who happens to be a female is not the same as being a prick to someone BECAUSE they are female.. 

I have no problem with people labelling him a prick or a bully or whatever but these days the instant you abuse someone who is female you are misogynistic, who is not white you are racist and who is not heterosexual you are homophobic... Getting very predictable 

Edited by more

8 minutes ago, more said:

Being a prick to someone who happens to be a female is not the same as being a prick to someone BECAUSE they are female.. 

I have no problem with people labelling him a prick or a bully or whatever but these days the instant you abuse someone who is female you are misogynistic, who is not white you are racist and who is not heterosexual you are homophobic... Getting very predictable 

Can you find any quotes from him where he has suggested committing violence against men in the same way he has about women? I have tried to Google but all I can find is the ones against women... If he has reserved his suggestions that people should commit violence against individuals for women then that is misogynistic.

As to your other two, could you please provide some specific examples of non-racist and non-homophobic abuse that has been classed as such? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, monkie said:

Can you find any quotes from him where he has suggested committing violence against men in the same way he has about women? I have tried to Google but all I can find is the ones against women... If he has reserved his suggestions that people should commit violence against individuals for women then that is misogynistic.

As to your other two, could you please provide some specific examples of non-racist and non-homophobic abuse that has been classed as such? 

Well like i said I don't hear most of what this guy says being a Victorian but Parkside said he is a prick to everyone so? I dunno, if I find a quote where he has said something similar to a bloke does that prove anything? 

As for the whole racist thing i really can't be bothered going down that whole rabbit warren.. 

Edited by more

He's an expert in all things and I look forward to his analysis on the bledisloe cup game last night...

21 minutes ago, Parkside said:

Maybe you should save your strongly held apologist opinions for topics you know a lot about.

Uh huh... I really couldn't give a shit, I just wanted to understand what it was about his comment that was misogynistic. 

By asking questions you gain knowledge. His comment to me in isolation didn't appear misogynistic but if he has a history of only attacking females in this manner then I understand. 

He was taken to court by one of the big families up my way, after he continually blamed the families quarry for causing the Grantham flood a number of years ago and continually called them murderers.  Even after an enquiry found the quarry had no effect on the flood he kept it up, citing comments from locals as his evidence (something along the lines of that anyway).  He also claimed they illegally built their Wellcamp airport (Toowoomba's second airport).  Which they built on time, on budget and can land Jumbo's on.  He and 2gb lost, I know they were seeking 4 or 5 mill.

The Wagners also tendered to build the second Toowoomba range crossing, and the second Sydney airport, which they were unsuccessful in.

4 hours ago, more said:

Uh huh... I really couldn't give a shit, I just wanted to understand what it was about his comment that was misogynistic. 

By asking questions you gain knowledge. His comment to me in isolation didn't appear misogynistic but if he has a history of only attacking females in this manner then I understand. 

Yep, ask away. Glad that the point is now understood, but why did it take about 5 posts explaining this for the point to be absorbed?

5 hours ago, more said:

...if I find a quote where he has said something similar to a bloke does that prove anything? 

If you find a proportionate amount of violent quotes against men, then yes, it does make a point - means he is a prick to everyone equally. If not, he is a misogynist...

• Like 2

Misinterpreted and "taken out of context" are the stock standard phases used when someone wants to justify saying something that confirms they're a shithead.

28 minutes ago, goughy said:

Misinterpreted and "taken out of context" are the stock standard phases used when someone wants to justify saying something that confirms they're a shithead.

Up there with I'm sorry if apology. he must rake in the dough for 2 Gb when they are willing to pay out millions in damages

• Like 1

The Transitions left demonstrating once again that you can be outraged by anything if you try hard enough 

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The Transitions left demonstrating once again that you can be outraged by anything if you try hard enough 

That's right. He's a top bloke & just misunderstood.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Jim, the references are to things he actually said, facts. Do you think these are good things to say and that we should encourage this type of behaviour?

4 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Jim, the references are to things he actually said, facts. Do you think these are good things to say and that we should encourage this type of behaviour?

They are over the top, in typical Jones style.  But labelling it as misogyny is also rather over the top

I think Kyle Sandilands is a bit of a wanker too.  You know how I deal with that? I don't listen to him...

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

They are over the top, in typical Jones style.  But labelling it as misogyny is also rather over the top

I think Kyle Sandilands is a bit of a wanker too.  You know how I deal with that? I don't listen to him...

Wow I just read on some of Sandilands comments-what the hell is wrong with you Sydney people if this guy and Jones are two of your biggest radio stars??

"Launches on-air attack on journalist Alison Stephenson after she reported about the falling ratings of his television show A Night with the Stars, calling her a ''fat slag'' and vowing to ''hunt [her] down''

"On his radio show, Sandilands suggested Australian comedian Magda Szubanski, who was a spokeswoman for a weight-loss company, would lose more weight in a concentration camp"

"A 14-year-old girl appeared on Sandilands' 2Day FM show, strapped to a lie detector to be questioned by Sandilands, Jackie O and the girl's mother. After the girl revealed she was raped at the age of 12 in response to a question from her mother, Sandilands said: ''Right ... is that the only experience you’ve had?''

"On his radio show, Sandilands called a heavily pregnant journalist, Fiona Connolly, a ‘'fat toad'’, ‘'fat lying mole'’ and ‘'little cretin'’

12 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Yep, ask away. Glad that the point is now understood, but why did it take about 5 posts explaining this for the point to be absorbed?

If you find a proportionate amount of violent quotes against men, then yes, it does make a point - means he is a prick to everyone equally. If not, he is a misogynist...

Because in the age of instant outrage it pays to question the herd before making your mind up.

1 minute ago, more said:

Wow I just read on some of Sandilands comments-what the hell is wrong with you Sydney people if this guy and Jones are two of your biggest radio stars??

"Launches on-air attack on journalist Alison Stephenson after she reported about the falling ratings of his television show A Night with the Stars, calling her a ''fat slag'' and vowing to ''hunt [her] down''

"On his radio show, Sandilands suggested Australian comedian Magda Szubanski, who was a spokeswoman for a weight-loss company, would lose more weight in a concentration camp"

"A 14-year-old girl appeared on Sandilands' 2Day FM show, strapped to a lie detector to be questioned by Sandilands, Jackie O and the girl's mother. After the girl revealed she was raped at the age of 12 in response to a question from her mother, Sandilands said: ''Right ... is that the only experience you’ve had?''

"On his radio show, Sandilands called a heavily pregnant journalist, Fiona Connolly, a ‘'fat toad'’, ‘'fat lying mole'’ and ‘'little cretin'’

It’s sad that people employ him. But it means plenty listen and the station makes money

9 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Did you read the specifics in the petition 

No

What's it's purpose, other than interweb virtue credits for those who sign?

15 minutes ago, more said:

Whats even sadder is that his target demographic is the 18-39 females. I find it astounding that he is their choice of radio personality. 

I find both he and AJ morally abhorrent. 

• Like 3

Damn, I'm out of likes for the day!  

30 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

No

What's it's purpose, other than interweb virtue credits for those who sign?

Well you could read it before judging 

1 minute ago, BarryBevan said:

Well you could read it before judging 

Sounds like I figured out the purpose well enough 

Yeah, that's pretty much the only thing a petition like that will do. The only thing that will change 2GB's association with Jones is a massive drop in ratings, or losing all their sponsors (again, it happened after the JG comments).

And you'll never get AJ to change his views.

2 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Yeah, that's pretty much the only thing a petition like that will do. The only thing that will change 2GB's association with Jones is a massive drop in ratings, or losing all their sponsors (again, it happened after the JG comments).

And you'll never get AJ to change his views.

Bloody free speech, eh?

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Sounds like I figured out the purpose well enough 

How do you know what it does without reading