Merv

Photographic memory

I have a friend who can look at a map of run trails in a particular area that she has never been on, put it away and remember where exactly to go 3 days later.  This seem like a photgraphic memory to you ?

No. Brain just wired differently to others. 

And its nothing special. Mrs AJ remembers everything....and will drag it out at any time during any argument to prove her point. :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have a photographic memory, but the kind where someone opened the back of the camera before rolling the film back into its cassette!

• Haha 1

One of the first picked in any adventure team I'm organising,

• Like 2

In the ABC "All in the mind" podcast there is an episode from April 21st called "A highly superior memory" about a girl who can remember everything that ever happened, like, ever!  Really. Her first memories were as a new born but admits that, as a newborn she didn't understand much of what she was seeing...  You might think that is an amazing gift, but its actually a curse for her - she is autistic and something else (OCD?), and feels everything when she remembers everything so bad memories (and she has a lot of them) are quite painful for her.  She remembers EVERY day of her life!

Anyway, well worth a listen if you get the chance, really interesting!

I remember her! (No pun intended)....

• Haha 1