Coach@triathlon

Triathlon coaching fees - what do/would you pay?

I know someone who was coached by them.  Don’t know what level they chose, however they are absolutely stoked with their decision.  Went from a tri group who believed more and harder is better and always on the edge of breaking down to taking out their age group at cairns and qualifying for Kona.  She said she’d never been fitter and injury free, even though the hours trained were similar the whole approach was light years apart.

• Like 1

If people want to drop cash on coaching does it really matter. There are people making less than . $100K driving round in  huge V8 commodores, people smoke, play pokies, punt.

If you get what you want who cares what others think. There's not really a wrong way to train, its an aerobic sport, with little skills, if doing drills gets you swimming more great, we have coaches who want people doing one leg raises, others running every day some fewer days.

Alan Couzens reports that where he can get people to do 20 hours per week for 2 years they almost always get to KQ. Its takes a bit of coaching to be able to get everyone to be able to do that.

Find someone who helps you achieve your goals, do it your self who cares.  

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

If people want to drop cash on coaching does it really matter. There are people making less than . $100K driving round in  huge V8 commodores, people smoke, play pokies, punt.

If you get what you want who cares what others think. There's not really a wrong way to train, its an aerobic sport, with little skills, if doing drills gets you swimming more great, we have coaches who want people doing one leg raises, others running every day some fewer days.

Alan Couzens reports that where he can get people to do 20 hours per week for 2 years they almost always get to KQ. Its takes a bit of coaching to be able to get everyone to be able to do that.

Find someone who helps you achieve your goals, do it your self who cares.  

Lol true, everyone spends their money differently. It does my wifes head in that my 'going out' shoes and clothes are about 7 years old and  early falling apart where as I have all new and flashy tri gear. 

Meh, cotton on clothes are good for me, but when it comes to training I'll pay for quality. Same with my car, it's just a little run a round bomb that cost less than my pushy.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarryBevan said:

Nope, it doesn't matter - and I said it earlier. My only point is people don't seem too concerned about getting value for money. Spending money on a hobby is great; wasting it is stupid.

23 minutes ago, trinube said:

Nope, it doesn't matter - and I said it earlier. My only point is people don't seem too concerned about getting value for money. Spending money on a hobby is great; wasting it is stupid.

They determine the value and are probably happy with it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, more said:

Same with my car, it's just a little run a round bomb that cost less than my pushy.. 

Same here, my bike cost twice as much as my ute