Cranky

Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 36 FlyEase ??

23 minutes ago, willie said:

They suck

🤣🤣 Lol. Care to elaborate?

How's that zipper go?

The zipper is the problem. It's weird. They're kind of a "dead" feeling shoe and no good for racing. Peg Turbo is ok (I don't like em, toe box is way too shallow). The normal peg is a great everyday shoe as well. 

Assuming it's a triathlete that wants em. 

27 minutes ago, willie said:

The zipper is the problem. It's weird. They're kind of a "dead" feeling shoe and no good for racing. Peg Turbo is ok (I don't like em, toe box is way too shallow). The normal peg is a great everyday shoe as well. 

Assumption correct.  I don't associate with anyone else  🤪

Edited by Cranky
I can't spell

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

Anyone tried these? Any good? Asking for a friend.

Resized_Screenshot_20190803-175412_Chrome.jpeg

Nah, you need the $350 ones to make you 4% faster.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Nah, you need the $350 ones to make you 4% faster.

They definitely make you faster. Took me a while to work out how to run in them though. I spoke with a coach I know from the Oregon Project and he gave me some help. A lot of the pros train and race in them nearly all the time because of it. 

56 minutes ago, willie said:

They definitely make you faster. Took me a while to work out how to run in them though. I spoke with a coach I know from the Oregon Project and he gave me some help. A lot of the pros train and race in them nearly all the time because of it. 

What did you have to do differently? 

1 hour ago, willie said:

Yes, I know people that have definitely improved their times running in the 4%.

30 minutes ago, more said:

What did you have to do differently? 

Essentially not fight the shoe. I came from very minimalist shoes where you do all the work and because of that I land very very flat footed (lots of good runners do, it's actually faster and reduced GCT). Adidas Boston and then the Beacon were the "biggest" I wore. In the 4% you kinda have to let the shoe do its thing and I've changed my gait ever so slightly to compensate (my lower legs were getting destroyed when I first wore them). In effect GCT is slightly increased in the 4% but at the same time you run faster (gives me about 5 secs/km). I wouldn't wear them in anything shorter than 5km and wouldn't wear them in a Tri under a half. They just won't work that well with elastic laces. 

15 hours ago, willie said:

I had the old model turbos, just got the new ones, great shoes to train in, good for long course racing as well although I have 4%s for racing.

1 hour ago, zed said:

I had the old model turbos, just got the new ones, great shoes to train in, good for long course racing as well although I have 4%s for racing.

As long as you're not wearing the 4% with elastic laces - win. They lose their edge with elastic... For some people they just don't work at all though. So if you're one of those 20% sucks to be you :P

5 hours ago, willie said:

As long as you're not wearing the 4% with elastic laces - win. They lose their edge with elastic... For some people they just don't work at all though. So if you're one of those 20% sucks to be you :P

yeah I seem to have to adjust my running slightly when I run in them. An odd shoe to run in, but quick.

I’m intrigued. How does it make seemingly 80% of all comers quicker? Placebo? 

7 hours ago, willie said:

Why don't they work with elastic laces?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AA7 said:

Why don't they work with elastic laces?

They're not terribly stable cornering. You lose the pop of the plate if you're not reasonably well locked into it. The elastic laces essentially let's the plate push your foot out of the shoe kinda rendering the plate someone pointless. You'll slide around a fair bit inside this shoe with elastic laces which further negates the benefit.  

They're not terribly stable cornering. You lose the pop of the plate if you're not reasonably well locked into it. The elastic laces essentially let's the plate push your foot out of the shoe kinda rendering the plate someone pointless. You'll slide around a fair bit inside this shoe with elastic laces which further negates the benefit.  

Hmmm, interesting. So a course with not many corners is ok?

7 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Hmmm, interesting. So a course with not many corners is ok?

I wouldn't wear them with elastic laces at all. I don't, I have a pair of 1400s for short stuff. 

What do you think they save over 10km Willie?

Someone like you, working in a running shop should be able to tie a pair of shoes blindfolded in less then 20 seconds. I know after working in one part time for a few years I could tie a pair in well less than that in transition.

9 hours ago, willie said:

I feel no difference in my (normal, not 4%) shoes if I'm using normal laces or elastic... ???

50 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

I feel no difference in my (normal, not 4%) shoes if I'm using normal laces or elastic... ???

The 4% are VERY different to your normal shoes...

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

What do you think they save over 10km Willie?

25-35 seconds. Maybe slightly more for some people but no more than 45 secs. 

I like Nike Pegasus shoes. They suit my training needs. I am a toe runner as per my wear marks. Can you use the Pegasus trail shoes on the road?. They seem to have a  lot more meat on the front. I do run across a lot of different surfaces in training. I always mix my runs up.  they were more robust 30 years ago?. I am showing my age.😉

Edited by Chuckie M

30 minutes ago, Chuckie M said:

they were more robust 30 years ago?. I am showing my age.😉

They were a brilliant show back in the 80's. The last pair I bought a few years ago fell to pieces in no time.

35 minutes ago, Chuckie M said:

I like Nike Pegasus shoes. They suit my training needs. I am a toe runner as per my wear marks. Can you use the Pegasus trail shoes on the road?. They seem to have a  lot more meat on the front. I do run across a lot of different surfaces in training. I always mix my runs up.  they were more robust 30 years ago?. I am showing my age.😉

you can wear the trail shoes on road, yes. But you'll destroy them in about 100kms... It uses a different rubber compoind that is quite soft. 

42 minutes ago, Chuckie M said:

I like Nike Pegasus shoes.

Ran in Pegs for 10 years. Still got a pair, but they feel like old work boots after running in the 4%s and the turbos!

you can wear the trail shoes on road, yes. But you'll destroy them in about 100kms... It uses a different rubber compoind that is quite soft. 

Thanks Willie for your advice. That was the answer I was looking for . will stick with the reg Pegasus 36😄