AA7

Speaking of Drugs....Aussie AG Suspension

6 minutes ago, Oompa Loompa said:

#respect

What makes that night even better was that I went to sleep in a hammock & sometime in the early hours managed to throw up all over Michael Hagan who was on the ground under it.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

16 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

What makes that night even better was that I went to sleep in a hammock & sometime in the early hours managed to throw up all over Michael Hagan who was on the ground under it.

lol

On 02/08/2019 at 1:40 AM, more said:

I reckon Slowtwitchers  (yanks) would be full of dopers..FFS there is a big long thread there at the moment about whether you should oil your chain the night before or the day of a race...seriously?

Pfff! Everyone knows you need to put a new Dura Ace chain on after you rack your bike on race morning 😏

58 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Pfff! Everyone knows your mechanic puts a new Dura Ace chain on after they rack your bike on race morning 😏

• Like 1

Hmmm how long does it take pseudo to leave the system? The plan is to stop taking it when this next bout of sinus crap goes, or when I fly out for worlds...which ever is first...

So am I now going to have to check out the ArmaForce I am taking? I'm on 2 of those a day during the cold and flu season. Bloody germy people.

50 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Hmmm how long does it take pseudo to leave the system? The plan is to stop taking it when this next bout of sinus crap goes, or when I fly out for worlds...which ever is first...

So am I now going to have to check out the ArmaForce I am taking? I'm on 2 of those a day during the cold and flu season. Bloody germy people.

Just had a Google, it would take about 5 days to be completely out of system. Armaforce contains herbals which are very unregulated, and many have powerful properties, and can contain quite strong natural chemicals. Lots of inadvertent doping cases come from herbal supplements, the ones you are taking may be fine, but with herbals that is exactly where the risks are. I wouldn't be taking them, just incase. 

3 hours ago, The Customer said:

Pfff! Everyone knows you need to put a new Dura Ace chain on after you rack your bike on race morning 😏

Dura ace, please. Do you even triathlete? 

CeramicSpeed Works Coated chain only. Anything less is just losing watts and watts and watts

• Haha 1

On 30/07/2019 at 3:30 PM, oldschool69#2 said:

Exactly! In age group !seriously  

Does any body know him ?

would  love to know why the Fark he did it  get him on here for Q and A .

So I'll answer the first question. I knew him. Used to swim at buddy's in Melbourne with him before he moved up to the gold coast. As stated by someone else he was a lawyer at a large firm before he moved (no idea after). He worked part time and trained the rest of the time.

Without commenting on the doping he was a generally lovely guy to know and be around. Always a lot of fun, hard trainer and personable.

He certainly wasn't your typical hyper competitive win at all costs mentality type that I'd assume would be involved in this.

Anyway sad story

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 30/07/2019 at 7:32 AM, Limited said:

Have to feel sorry for the blind guy who he was a guide for. (Assuming he was innocent and unaware)

The Project just interviewed him about this.  It hasn't appeared on their fb page yet, but if it does I'll link it here.  I'm sure he says something like it would be nice if he got a phone call from the other dude apologising for it. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, goughy said:

The Project just interviewed him about this.  It hasn't appeared on their fb page yet, but if it does I'll link it here.  I'm sure he says something like it would be nice if he got a phone call from the other dude apologising for it. 

Given the training group he was with, I’d be guessing he will get a legal letter for going on the project. 

Edited by Peter
  • Thanks 1

Why?  Could he have been saying something that wasn't factual?  I think they said they made multiple offers to the other guy to appear.

Here's the story.

4 minutes ago, goughy said:

Here's the story.

I would have watched it if it was anyone other than Lisa Wilkinson.  As soon as I saw her face I turned it off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Given the training group he was with, I’d be guessing he will get a legal letter for going on the project. 

I'm surprised said group didn't distance themselves from said athlete

9 hours ago, goughy said:

Why?  Could he have been saying something that wasn't factual?  I think they said they made multiple offers to the other guy to appear.

Because every time I post their name or anything about them, I get a call from Triathlon Australia and others get legal letters.  

They never go anywhere. TA think they are like the boy who cried wolf.  

The facts remain he was part of that group as was the tinder rapist and one of the head coaches cheated by cutting the world championships course on the sunny coast.  

All threads get deleted when they send the owner of this site legal threats. 

Hence why I’m NOT typing the name of said group. 

Fair enough.  Was just wondering why.  Maybe it's harder to stop someone talking who is directly related.  Didn't they get a comment from Miles (I was cooking during the story and didn't see it all).

4 hours ago, goughy said:

Fair enough.  Was just wondering why.  Maybe it's harder to stop someone talking who is directly related.  Didn't they get a comment from Miles (I was cooking during the story and didn't see it all).

I'm sure Miles only said something like "its unfortunate but its the rules", etc. I have not watched it, but that is what I would expect to be said. I'll check for myself later.

Gerrard Gosens is a bloody legend.  The way that he spoke in that interview after he's probably lost his chance of going to the Olympics is pretty good and shows what a champion bloke and attitude that he has. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Peter said:

... one of the head coaches cheated by cutting the world championships course on the sunny coast ...

I'm more forgiving than you and believe he didn't intentionally cut the course.  So I don't regard him as a 'cheater'.  It was more of an embarrassing mistake.

On what was referred to as a one lap course, it was a small loop that contained a nasty hill climb (para triathletes did not do this loop). You passed the turn off to this loop twice (first time you turned, second time you continued straight). So he just followed riders ahead (form earlier waves) not realising they had already done the loop.

I drove and rode the course before the race, so knew exactly where to turn.  Not sure how obvious it would have been if you didn't know the course.  Off memory there were no marshalls, just chalk writing on the road.

Once presented with the facts, I don't believe he argued about it (like other cheaters).

18 hours ago, goughy said:

Classic journalism. The entire article written from watching The Project (indepth research) and the title of the article "BANNED FROM COMPETING" is completely inaccurate and totally misleading.

8 minutes ago, Rob said:

I'm more forgiving than you and believe he didn't intentionally cut the course.  So I don't regard him as a 'cheater'.  It was more of an embarrassing mistake.

Once presented with the facts, I don't believe he argued about it (like other cheaters).

So why was his apology a week or so after the race then deleted from the Training Groups website? And asked to be removed from this site via legal action?

If it was just a mistake, why would you care?

But yes I agree it was probably a mistake at the time, but when you cross the line and do a fast time that Tim Reed who won it, you'd think something wasn't right straight away.

50 minutes ago, Rob said:

Classic journalism. The entire article written from watching The Project (indepth research) and the title of the article "BANNED FROM COMPETING" is completely inaccurate and totally misleading.

Have seen similar articles to this, and yes, what a load of.... if he himself was banned how has he competed 6 times since the ban was imposed? He has an Olympic qualification ranking of 16th. Para qualification only started mid this year, any results from the Gold Coast do not count towards the para olympic qualififcation. If he had managed to finish with good results in the events that he has competed in since he would have enough points to get him all the starts he wants. Sounds harsh I know, but that is the facts.

On 08/08/2019 at 9:53 PM, Trier said:

Just had a Google, it would take about 5 days to be completely out of system. Armaforce contains herbals which are very unregulated, and many have powerful properties, and can contain quite strong natural chemicals. Lots of inadvertent doping cases come from herbal supplements, the ones you are taking may be fine, but with herbals that is exactly where the risks are. I wouldn't be taking them, just incase. 

I THINK I was taking Armaforce when I got tested. Never heard back so I guess it was ok..... that batch anyway. 

"Get on your feet, you won't get far,                                                                                     if keep on sticking your hand in the medicine jar!"   P. McCartney 1974

Edited by Greyman

Just now, Greyman said:

"Get on your feet, you won't get far,                                                                            if keep on sticking your hand in the medicine jar!"   P. McCartney 1974

7 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Can someone translate Greyman’s post for me?

Don't do drugs.  Just train. ??

7 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Don't do drugs.

It was an anti drug song by Wings.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Will German do?

Steigen Sie auf, Sie werden nicht weit kommen, wenn Sie Ihre Hand weiter in das Medizinglas stecken!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

So, they spelt her name won't, and I'm not quite sure if she's won the Ironman World championship 11 times....

https://www.scmp.com/sport/outdoor/extreme-sports/article/3025971/ironman-champion-lauren-gross-banned-using-cannabinoid

5 minutes ago, goughy said:

So, they spelt her name won't, and I'm not quite sure if she's won the Ironman World championship 11 times....

https://www.scmp.com/sport/outdoor/extreme-sports/article/3025971/ironman-champion-lauren-gross-banned-using-cannabinoid

Should just go the full tonk on the puffin billies.  How good is elite sport these days.... misread a label, maybe in their  50’s and need reading glasses. Glad they didn’t dope like a dirty filthy drug cheating grub and just misread a label. 

"Gross’s next race was supposed to be the Ironman World Championships in Nice, France, on September 7. Ironman is an ultra triathlon, consisting of a 1.9km swim, 90km bike ride and a 21.1km run."

Quality journalism 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, steve said:

Weed enhances a lot of things, but not performance.

In the truest sense yes, but depends how using and for what.    Should just give all dopers life or legalise everything in sport and make it a level playing field.  Sport is very weak on drugs without lifetime bans for athletes and their coaches and managers.    Never happen though, we are weak on drugs in sport.

3 hours ago, Oompa Loompa said:

In the truest sense yes, but depends how using and for what.    Should just give all dopers life or legalise everything in sport and make it a level playing field.  Sport is very weak on drugs without lifetime bans for athletes and their coaches and managers.    Never happen though, we are weak on drugs in sport.

Yup.Justin Gatlin has been banned twice and is still racing. I'm not sure of a life time ban for first offences. Depends on the circumstances, types of drugs, how long they've been using them, how systematic the dopjng is etc.Something that would give you negligible gains perhaps 2 years, but the more serious stuff like EPO, Testosterone etc min 10 year ban, which would effectively mean life as that would the career over for any elite sportsman.

10 hours ago, steve said:

Weed enhances a lot of things, but not performance.

I've read elsewhere that endurance trail runners smoke/consume weed during long runs. And this article is along the same lines.

The new guidelines mean athletes can smoke marijuana during training, with the amount required to would trigger positive result only found if they smoked during the day of competition.

A WADA spokesman said the reason it is not allowed on competition days is because of its perceived performance enhancement properties.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/human-body/endurance-athletes-are-proving-smoking-weed-can-actually-help-with-athletic-performance/news-story/81cebc9d05ca6e43da5764f5dfb2c425

Andrew Johns didn't take "performance enhancing drugs", but I'm sure I read comments from him that the recreational drugs he took helped him handle the pressure.  So that makes them performance enhancing if you ask me.  It's the intent;  what you need them for.  

Does anyone know how long it takes before they publish positive results? 

Coffee shop chatter is my arch enemy has tested positive & is waiting on his B sample. 

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Coffee shop chatter is my arch enemy has tested positive & is waiting on his B sample. 

Farkkkkkk that explains why AP hasn't been around lately.  He's probably trying to return all his wooden salad bowls..

It'll all blow over..😥😁👍😅😎😃😅👍

Gee, 6 moths off running for the sake of a little broken bone (and of course some ligament damage).

I could see why some might be tempted, stuff places and trophies, it's just plain boring, virtual house arrest and binging on netflix,

but then again no.

Drawing the line at Caltrate (a calcium supplement you can buy at woolies).

Edited by trifun

9 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Cycling?

6 hours ago, Peter said:

Cycling?

5 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Yes 

So will Strava take his KOM's off of him?

On 06/09/2019 at 7:01 PM, A2K said:

I've read elsewhere that endurance trail runners smoke/consume weed during long runs. And this article is along the same lines.

The new guidelines mean athletes can smoke marijuana during training, with the amount required to would trigger positive result only found if they smoked during the day of competition.

A WADA spokesman said the reason it is not allowed on competition days is because of its perceived performance enhancement properties.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/human-body/endurance-athletes-are-proving-smoking-weed-can-actually-help-with-athletic-performance/news-story/81cebc9d05ca6e43da5764f5dfb2c425

Learn something new every day. It makes sense to ban it during competition, just like alcohol, if only from a safety standpoint. But if it puts the pain somewhere else and doesn't inhibit athletic performance, then yeah, it's a performance enhancer.

On 07/09/2019 at 10:01 AM, A2K said:

This is why I stopped smashing cones on race day. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, zed said:

This is why I stopped smashing cones on race day. 

image.png

Edited by BogFrog
cause I'm dumb
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

image.png

I never did cones on race-day, but we used to do "The Sink" after the Hervey Bay races every year.

Image result for great australian ice creamery kitchen sink