Jump to content
nealo

How many Half Marathons in a row could you do? 100? 200?

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, nealo said:

I’m impressed with even that

I didn’t say fast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

147km a week. Running slow - 40 TSS an hour, 80 TSS running per day. 560 running TSS a week. The aerobic effort not so great, the impact on your body, just a matter of time before you break down. I’m with Peter though - I reckon 9 and I’d breakdown 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s the physical side. 

I’m not sure I could mentally do anything for that many days in a row. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, nealo said:

That’s the physical side. 

I’m not sure I could mentally do anything for that many days in a row. 

I could drink that many days in a row.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I could drink that many days in a row.

I’ve woken up 16678 days in row!

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, nealo said:

I’ve woken up 16678 days in row!

I got nowhere near that.

Too many times I seen the sun come up though bloodshot eyes.........

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nealo said:

That’s the physical side. 

I’m not sure I could mentally do anything for that many days in a row. 

He must know Geelong very well. 

Also did he run 21km a day or 21km straight? 

I see some guy running to the city everyday as I ride past. He would easily be doing 10k in 10km home. Week in week out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I got nowhere near that.

Too many times I seen the sun come up though bloodshot eyes.........

I think that it might rain this afternoon 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bosco said:

147km a week. Running slow - 40 TSS an hour, 80 TSS running per day. 560 running TSS a week. The aerobic effort not so great, the impact on your body, just a matter of time before you break down. I’m with Peter though - I reckon 9 and I’d breakdown 

I know RSS of 40 per hour is considered a 'recovery' run done at no greater than 70% effort, so i imagine TSS is the exact same thing.

Either way, as you say, 80-100 TSS per day (depending on individual speed at that effort) totalling 560+ TSS score per week is a huge physical toll, let alone the mental application.

I did the 30min run everyday for 30 days.  That novelty certainly started to wear off as Bored@ says after 2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Turts said:

5. On the same day. 

 

4 on the same day,,,,,,so far :)

On consecutive days?  Somewhere between 8-10 I reckon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

consecutive days.... maybe 3 or 4. 

But I'd have to want it enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not very many these days, I'm afraid.

But it's "only" 147km/week, so not extraordinary mileage for many marathoners or ultra runners.

Though full marks for consistency and 21km/day is a pretty sucky way to knock out 150km weeks. Each to their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know a bloke called John who was doing a 100 Ironmans in 100 days. Deb was doing half of that.😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Paul Every said:

.

Though full marks for consistency and 21km/day is a pretty sucky way to knock out 150km weeks. Each to their own.

That’s my question.  

Did he run 10k to work in the morning and 11km home

or

21km straight each day. 

Broken day running would be so much easier than 21km straight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chuckie M said:

I know a bloke called John who was doing a 100 Ironmans in 100 days. Deb was doing half of that.😄

How'd they go? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/07/2019 at 7:27 AM, AA7 said:

How'd they go? :)

John did about 21?, Deb did all of her 100😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chuckie M said:

John did about 21?, Deb did all of her 100😉

21 in the same location?  

Cowboy did 50 (48) traveling all the time.  

Most will never know how good he was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/07/2019 at 7:26 AM, Peter said:

That’s my question.  

Did he run 10k to work in the morning and 11km home

or

21km straight each day. 

Broken day running would be so much easier than 21km straight. 

There’s a Facebook page 535 for Cad

i haven’t looked through it all but I believe he did them all continuous. Posts photos of his Garmin  

About 4 days to go he actually did 128km and then backed it up with his half Mara the next day. 

 

https://m.facebook.com/535forcad/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super impressive doing them 21k at a time and not broken.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...