Sign in to follow this  
willie

Wanda Sports Group

Down from $8.

They also pay a licencing fee to Marvel for the use of the Ironman name.  Have done so for decades.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, goughy said:

Down from $8.

They also pay a licencing fee to Marvel for the use of the Ironman name.  Have done so for decades.

Yeah I read that. Hilarious. 

4 hours ago, goughy said:

Down from $8.

Crazy.  Half marvels luck but I can’t believe they haven’t found a new name. 

10 hours ago, goughy said:

Down from $8.

And Mistral ?

Below $5 now and not likely going to see much recovery. If they get to $4.50 I'll seriously consider adding them to my portfolio just cause. 

But what exactly are you buying?  I had a quick look at the prospectus they put out and was confused.  They acquired Insight plus WTC for ~$1.8BN USD and have raised just over $200M USD by this share issue and say they're still headquartered in China.  Looks like they've done a partial sell down and there's also talk of class A and B shares with class B having the voting rights whereas it's the class A that were offloaded. I may well have missed the screamingly obvious here so welcome a better explanation as to what's going on. 

+ what percentage of these shares owns WTC / all the running events like the Auckland marathon etc....

They didn't list 100% of everything.  But not sure what the end result was.

My concern... Can this slump in share price be an indicator of a more concerning bigger picture... Could this drop in share price be an indicator of growing concern over looming economic downturn/confidence. Leisure sports are not a necessity and therefore when people tighten up on their disposable income the first things to suffer is entertainment whether that be hobbies, dining out etc. It could also be that you would have to be a bit of a fool to purchase  an IPO with over $1bn in debt.. just my observations however...

If it helps check the ASX today.  It's crashed heavy.

USA is down 3% over the last few days.

Everything is going down at the moment

image.png.5b1c518c82bc330b2d289c42cf9bb4ac.png

image.png.e31d3f8da15c68584cf01c7ad7f54cee.png

2 hours ago, Sebee said:

My concern... Can this slump in share price be an indicator of a more concerning bigger picture... Could this drop in share price be an indicator of growing concern over looming economic downturn/confidence. Leisure sports are not a necessity and therefore when people tighten up on their disposable income the first things to suffer is entertainment whether that be hobbies, dining out etc. It could also be that you would have to be a bit of a fool to purchase  an IPO with over $1bn in debt.. just my observations however...

They're too heavy on debt more than anything. They've got some good quality events in there that will do pretty well no matter what the economic climate. There's a lot of events that made it through the GFC just fine. 

I think it's more that we're seeing now what it's actually worth. I though about $4.50 was ok, but he reality is that could be $3 before too long. 

The whole Chinese owned and HQ thing might not be on its side either considering the current anti China climate/attitude being created by the US. 

2 hours ago, Peter said:

If it helps check the ASX today.  It's crashed heavy.

USA is down 3% over the last few days.

Everything is going down at the moment

I thought we would've lost more than that today... That's not too bad over 5 days though. If we lose that again I'm the next week there will be a fair few nervous folks.