The Customer

Send in the clowns

Will be interesting to see what he does now that he actually has to do something rather than just comment on others

Edited by BarryBevan
  • Like 1

Mehhh and the new NAB CEO failed a core accounting subject 3 times at uni and is now getting paid $10M a year... 

1 minute ago, more said:

Mehhh and the new NAB CEO failed a core accounting subject 3 times at uni and is now getting paid $10M a year... 

The PM was found to regularly make things up when he was a newspaper columnist

22 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

The PM was found to regularly make things up when he was a newspaper columnist

Should get on well with the US President then.

The world was supposed to end when Tony Abbott was elected 

Then it was supposed to end when Donald Trump was elected 

Let's wait and see 

• Thanks 1

I think its funny how anyone is supposed to give a sh!t about a kids approach to 'classical studies' nearly 40 years ago...

By the same token I'm confused by why we should care about people who are able to express their feeling as articulately as the following celebs..

"Mr Yorke simply wrote: “F*** you Prime Minister”

Hip-hop star Stormzy retweeted a message with a line from one of his singles, saying “F*** Boris”.

Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson tweeted an emoji of a woman holding her head in her hands."

Edited by more

53 minutes ago, more said:

I think its funny how anyone is supposed to give a sh!t about a kids approach to 'classical studies' nearly 40 years ago...

By the same token I'm confused by why we should care about people who are able to express their feeling as articulately as the following celebs..

Hip-hop star Stormzy retweeted a message with a line from one of his singles, saying “F*** Boris”.

Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson tweeted an emoji of a woman holding her head in her hands."

Not sure about you, but I DON'T care about those (barely) celebs.

7 hours ago, more said:

Do you follow them?

7 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I want to know who let Nigella out of the kitchen

*Disclaimer*  The above post is satirical and should be viewed as such.  Any offence taken is entirely the responsibility of the recipient 

20 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I want to know who let Nigella out of the kitchen

A poorly chosen follow up to Who let the dogs out.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Customer said:

Do you follow them?

No those quotes are from a 'news' article

10 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

One is the guy from RadioHead, the others sure, but its radiohead

2 hours ago, more said:

No those quotes are from a 'news' article

I wouldn't call an article that reports on what a celebrity thinks is 'news'.

2 minutes ago, The Customer said:

I wouldn't call an article that reports on what a celebrity thinks is 'news'.

Me neither, but that's the majority of how 'news' is reported these days. Lol look at all the US celebrities, somehow the fact they can act makes their opinion on politics or climate change valid.

Room for a few more Cabinet ministers in the British Government from today. Seven have resigned with Boris coming in. One did say Boris wasn't his reason though.

Im sure most have seen this, but damn its funny. 

67100823_10214542375169038_620040647289602048_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Room for a few more Cabinet ministers in the British Government from today. Seven have resigned with Boris coming in. One did say Boris wasn't his reason though.

Resigned? All the media I've read has said they were sacked?

"Boris Johnson has signalled his ruthless determination to deliver Brexit and stoked speculation about an early general election by sacking more than half of Theresa May’s cabinet and packing his team with Vote Leave veterans and rightwing free marketers"

Edited by more

Seven resigned and then he has sacked more. I think they all resigned on TM's last day or 2, prior to BJ taking office.

Going to be an interesting ride - having lived there for 10 years its going to be a bit sad to see how many get hurt if its a no deal, and as for Ireland....  I am sure there is a plan there somewhere - maybe??

They don’t care who the hurt they are rich establishment types who will be fine get to exercise power. Destroy and will run away before the end and blame others

I think it says more about the disturbing global trend towards nationalism, led by the masses of blue collar workers displaced in the wake of automation and the closure of labor-based industries. 

What place is there in the world for people without a degree or sought after trade skill in the heartland of the USA or the Western suburbs of Melbourne or Sydney?   And how do they vote.....   

The problem about referring to him as a clown is that it makes people underestimate him, same as Trump. Both Boris and Trump play up to it as it leads people to write them off as buffoons and therefore not take them seriously as a threat. May did exactly the same, the wearing of leopard print shoes was not just a fashion choice, it was so that the newspapers would only report that and not the very nasty stuff that she was presenting in her speeches (hostile environment, austerity etc.) She did the same with her "dancing" as a great way to bury bad news. 

Boris is not stupid, nor is Trump. 

My personal view is that they are both nasty, egotistical, self-serving cretins who will do / say anything for personal power and gain but then I would say that because I'm a bleeding heart liberal centre-left reomoaner snowflake 😉

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, monkie said:

My personal view is that they are both nasty, egotistical, self-serving cretins who will do / say anything for personal power and gain 😉

I reckon you have summed up 99.99% of all politicians on both sides right there.. 

Scotland should go for  independence straight away.  

That way as a patriotic Australian, I can finally get a flag without some other country’s on it. 

Australians should not be subservient to any foreign power or have any other country’s flag on our own. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Oompa Loompa said:

That way as a patriotic Australian, I can finally get a flag without some other country’s on it. 

Australians should not be subservient to any foreign power or have any other country’s flag on our own. 

I'm in Canberra and already have my ambassadors residence scoped out in Yaralumla

8 hours ago, Oompa Loompa said:

I've been living in Scotland for the past 18 months and it's beyond belief how the English disregard and disrespect the Scots. Best thing that could happen is for Scotland to become independent, keep their oil and water. The English will want those in the future. 😂

I'm sure the Poms would take the Scots more seriously if only they'd learn to speak English  :lol: 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, roxii said:

I'm sure the Poms would take the Scots more seriously if only they'd learn to speak English  :lol: 

You are Irish?

Anyway the Oil is almost gone we should have gone independent in the 70's. The nuclear subs are based in Scotland, not sure how we unpick that

11 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

You are Irish?

:lol: yeah, Belfast, we speak the queens English bad enough. 

But caught the ferry to Glasgow in January when we were there, barely understood a word. If I hadn’t been a fan of Kevin Bridges work, I reckon I would have been totally lost.

16 minutes ago, roxii said:

:lol: yeah, Belfast, we speak the queens English bad enough. 

But caught the ferry to Glasgow in January when we were there, barely understood a word. If I hadn’t been a fan of Kevin Bridges work, I reckon I would have been totally lost.

weedgies are very hard to understand. Us folk fae Fife ur much mair fantoosh, di you ken whit  I said.

6 minutes ago, The Customer said:

I ken

How bout twa pehs, a plehn bridie an’ an inyin in an’ a?

Have you been to Kirkcaldy yet

17 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Yah. In fact I drafted a map of the Kirkcaldy nursing campus today at work 😆

Ah the auld Lang toon

On 25/07/2019 at 3:11 PM, Oompa Loompa said:

What about Hawaii and their flag? They wear it with pride?

Scotland's independence costings were on Brent NS Crude at $125 / barrel. At the moment, it's running at $62ish. They would be broke by Christmas. Scottish independence is also a diversion by one of the most hate-filled, divisive, useless politicians the world has seen in Sturgeon .... a woman presiding over schools being run from pubs because the school buildings were collapsing and hospitals having worse standards of hygiene than developing eastern European countries.

Utterly useless group of people, the SNP. 

Am open to challenge on these points.

8 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Scotland's independence costings were on Brent NS Crude at $125 / barrel. At the moment, it's running at $62ish. They would be broke by Christmas. Scottish independence is also a diversion by one of the most hate-filled, divisive, useless politicians the world has seen in Sturgeon .... a woman presiding over schools being run from pubs because the school buildings were collapsing and hospitals having worse standards of hygiene than developing eastern European countries.

The Hawaiians have a SPAM festival. I rest my case. 

ps. I have been to the spam festival. Lol.

11 hours ago, Rimmer said:

by one of the most hate-filled, divisive, useless politicians the world has seen in Sturgeon

I don't know the ins and outs of it, but that's a pretty competitive field......

23 hours ago, Rimmer said:

I don't see it. She seems very normal compared to other pollies. 

• Like 1

I just don't trust any news sources these days, Bazz. And, I reckon the apartment I'm staying in near Bourg d'Oisans is full of 'contamination' but I reckon I'll survive. As is the Scottish Uni I work in. Apparently, some staff members don't wash their hands after a piss, plus, I've seen 'remnants' in the loos! Must be Sturgeon's fault!

4 hours ago, The Customer said:

I just don't trust any news sources these days, Bazz. And, I reckon the apartment I'm staying in near Bourg d'Oisans is full of 'contamination' but I reckon I'll survive. As is the Scottish Uni I work in. Apparently, some staff members don't wash their hands after a piss, plus, I've seen 'remnants' in the loos! Must be Sturgeon's fault!

Agreed, sort of pointing out that far from Rimmers assertion that Scotland has fallen in a heap, there were a few data points in a few news papers, rather than systematic issues.

The oil price however is an issue for independence as is the nuclear detterent. I have been holding off on moving home to see what happens with Brexit.

I sort of see Brexit and Scottish independents view. Do we need big trading blocks in the 21 st century. The pro Brexits are suggesting a government spending surge post hard brexit that would see the economy boom.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/08/with-interest-rates-crashing-boris-is-in-luck-he-can-borrow-his-way-out-of-any-brexit-crisis/

Interesting that conservatives tend to say don't borrow, debt is bad, when it suits them.

9 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

I sort of see Brexit and Scottish independents view. Do we need big trading blocks in the 21 st century. The pro Brexits are suggesting a government spending surge post hard brexit that would see the economy boom.

Maybe after 5 - 10 years as we become a low regulation low tax economy supplying to the big trading blocs...

Global power is more concentrated than ever (for the moment). The US, China and the EU. If you remove one then you end up with the other two (or more likely the middle one) dominating. I don't really want to live in a world that is totally economically dependent on an autocratic state.

Oh, and interest rates have been close to zero for years. The Tory "austerity" and therefore massive increase in dept was ideologically rather than economically driven. Government debt is fine as long as you have a currency that is subject to free market pressure. It becomes an issue where you have a government that decides to either "print" its way out of trouble (CF Venezuela) or a currency union without fiscal union (CF Greece and Italy).