AA7

Swimming World Champs

It is messy. Too much effort being spent to giving air to tainted supplements etc that so far there is no evidence to support.

Athletes know that what is in their body is their responsibility. Why anyone would risk their career and reputation with supplements, who knows.

Suppose AP could chime in as he likes supplements

2 hours ago, Trier said:

The media are all over it tonight, Enablers, spiking, facilitators..... 

steak, mushrooms....

Do you think she could have ingested it over a Lambs Fry n Bacon at Obrien’s Railway Hotel at Albury, NSW, or the Ross Bakery in Tasmania (which is for sale if anyone wants to buy a business) or the Paragon Cafe at Goulburn.

Or the Holy Grail of Lambs Fry n Bacon, the Caltex at Mt Victoria NSW on Thompson’s Corner at the top of the pass. 

Im thinking to ingest that much, must have been in the Lambs Fry. I simply can’t think of another way but in fairness, I have never tested positive. 

Its an offal thought I know, but that’s drugs and Australian swimming. 

"Shayna jack tested positive for ligandrol. What I can tell with a quick google search, it’s a non-steroidal anabolic agent, prescription-only in Australia. There was a case of a mixed martial arts guy getting popped after taking it via contaminated supplements, but he was using “high risk” supplements. 

It has a fairly long half life, of about 24-36 hours, meaning that you’ll test positive for quite a while after taking it. "

If she's take a supplement from a non-reputable brand, then she deserves a ban. These guys should be anally retentive about what they put in their body, especially when it comes to supplements.

"Shayna Jack’s hypothesis that it must have entered her system through contaminated supplements is not without merit. The TGA regularly bans the import of supposedly natural supplements for weight loss, erectile dysfunction, and body building because they contain prescription-only medicines.

While there have been no instances of body building protein or sports supplements being adulterated with Ligandrol, there are reports of some dietary supplements being spiked with anabolic steroids and similar drugs.

For safety and security, athletes should only use supplements from reputable brands bought from reliable stores in their home country. The risk of accidentally taking a banned substance is significant if an athlete buys supplements online."

1 hour ago, zed said:

If she's take a supplement from a non-reputable brand, then she deserves a ban. These guys should be anally retentive about what they put in their body, especially when it comes to supplements.

"Shayna Jack’s hypothesis that it must have entered her system through contaminated supplements is not without merit. The TGA regularly bans the import of supposedly natural supplements for weight loss, erectile dysfunction, and body building because they contain prescription-only medicines.

While there have been no instances of body building protein or sports supplements being adulterated with Ligandrol, there are reports of some dietary supplements being spiked with anabolic steroids and similar drugs.

For safety and security, athletes should only use supplements from reputable brands bought from reliable stores in their home country. The risk of accidentally taking a banned substance is significant if an athlete buys supplements online."

And as a high performance athlete on the National Team, she would have been told over and over about that. 

If it was "contaminated" then, as you said she only has herself to blame. 

12 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

ASADA has handed down 4 years (as expected). Lets see how the appeal goes.

She’s 20. Go to uni. Keep swimming. Back for the 2024 olympics. 

29 minutes ago, Oompa Loompa said:

Hope she does a joint degree in chemistry and nutrition. 

Bachelor of Pharmacy?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Does she still get tested over the next 4 years.

wondering the same thing

8 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Does she still get tested over the next 4 years.

Not sure here (assume it would be the same though), but I've heard USADA keeps them on the books. They also have to provide where-abouts info the same as if they were still competing.

Oompa has a point media:

Sun evil

Our girl endless pictures reminding us she is a pretty girl who looks nice in swimmers followed by endless claims of innocence.

36 minutes ago, more said:

Racist.... 

Seems to be the popular theory.

This quote from the story.

Chinese leaders initially blamed racist sports officials in Japan for manufacturing test results

42 minutes ago, more said:

Racist.... 

I am many things but being a racist isn’t one of them.  

As for people from south Australia, well 

• Like 1

Controversial Chinese swimmer Sun Yang's doping hearing has been suspended for personal reasons.

The triple Olympic champion was accused of smashing vials of his blood with a hammer during an out-of-competition doping test last year.

He was supposed to front the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in September, but it's now been postponed due to "unexpected personal circumstances".

"A new hearing date will be fixed as soon as possible and but is unlikely to be before the end of October 2019," the Court of Arbitration for Sport said in a statement on Tuesday.

FFS. Sports admin and drug testers are so lame

"Unexpected personal circumstances".  What the....

surely they can't just allow him to dictate like that, why is he postponing? haven't Sun's ppl been able to buy off the ppl they will need to yet?

5 hours ago, Trier said:

"Unexpected personal circumstances".  What the....

surely they can't just allow him to dictate like that, why is he postponing? haven't Sun's ppl been able to buy off the ppl they will need to yet?

Bit of a hammer blow that.

Since WADA agreed to the delay you would think the personal reasons are authentic.

Just speculating but hearing one month away and delayed until October at earliest you would think serious illness amongst a family member.  If so put yourself in his shoes.

20 minutes ago, Horowitz said:

I'm sorry but there is no way a professional interpreter makes such a mistake at a hearing of this importance

Agree.  

42 minutes ago, Horowitz said:

I'm sorry but there is no way a professional interpreter makes such a mistake at a hearing of this importance

Where does it say that? 

There's an imbedded video and they mention it there.

I'm not sure if this would be enough reason to cancel the hearing, but that would make a great conspiracy theory

1 hour ago, Horowitz said:

There's an imbedded video and they mention it there.

I'm not sure if this would be enough reason to cancel the hearing, but that would make a great conspiracy theory

He supplied the interpreter.  

According to an interview with Shayna Jack she had not been taking any supplements for two months before the test. She is going to use the "kiss cocaine case" defence.

"There was a case in the past called the 'kiss cocaine case' where someone had taken cocaine and then the partner, who was an athlete, kissed that person and they were contaminated because they had contact with something someone else had taken."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-16/shayna-jack-uses-kiss-cocaine-case-as-defence/11802296

Given that cocaine residue is harder to get rid of than german cockroaches, I'm not sure how effective that defence will be

Should be an entertaining argument though 

It does smack of clutching at straws!  I mean, tainted meat seems more genuine!

My wife watched it last night and said Jack seemed very genuine.  She wasn't happy with me when I said that Aussies have this mania with drug cheat persecution but none of us could possibly be cheats ourselves.  And that is not like it's murder, and heaps of people do things to get an advantage.  And that to have tested positive she probably stuffed up in her routine.  And that just because she seemed nice she couldn't possibly have taken drugs.

2 hours ago, Ironnerd said:

According to an interview with Shayna Jack she had not been taking any supplements for two months before the test. She is going to use the "kiss cocaine case" defence.

"There was a case in the past called the 'kiss cocaine case' where someone had taken cocaine and then the partner, who was an athlete, kissed that person and they were contaminated because they had contact with something someone else had taken."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-16/shayna-jack-uses-kiss-cocaine-case-as-defence/11802296

i don't get it. Who was she kissing?  She has a boyfriend. 

I'm assuming it's around the idea of cross contamination via contact, of some sort!

Are a and b samples taken at the same time?

2 hours ago, goughy said:

It does smack of clutching at straws!  I mean, tainted meat seems more genuine!

My wife watched it last night and said Jack seemed very genuine.  She wasn't happy with me when I said that Aussies have this mania with drug cheat persecution but none of us could possibly be cheats ourselves.  And that is not like it's murder, and heaps of people do things to get an advantage.  And that to have tested positive she probably stuffed up in her routine.  And that just because she seemed nice she couldn't possibly have taken drugs.

If people can believe Schapelle Corby, then Shayna Jack is definitely hot enough to be innocent 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

If people can believe Schapelle Corby, then Shayna Jack is definitely hot enough to be innocent 

But really, did ANYBODY believe Schapelle?

was she kissing someone who could be considered "tainted meat"....

15 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

But really, did ANYBODY believe Schapelle?

I did. Never underestimate how stupid people can be, but I’m struggling to believe that someone could be so stupid to shove a massive bag of weed in a bodyboard bag and think they could get away with it. Not to mention weed in Bali is easily accessible and much cheaper than Australia. 

I don’t buy Shayna Jacks story though. I feel for her. 12 years of flogging herself twice a day and now her career is over. 

Re kiss cocaine theory. Surely they can measure the level of coke in someone’s bloodstream, someone that has taken a gram of coke is going to get a very different result to someone that has kissed a coke user. 

1 minute ago, zed said:

Re kiss cocaine theory. Surely they can measure the level of coke in someone’s bloodstream, someone that has taken a gram of coke is going to get a very different result to someone that has kissed a coke user. 

But someone that kissed a coke user yesterday may have similar results to someone that used last week. 

17 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

But someone that kissed a coke user yesterday may have similar results to someone that used last week. 

Yup.

49 minutes ago, zed said:

I don’t buy Shayna Jacks story though. I feel for her. 12 years of flogging herself twice a day and now her career is over. 

I don't feel sorry for her. I feel sorry for the clean athletes she was trying to beat who also flogged themselves twice a day for 12 years but didn't resort to being a dirty drug cheats.

56 minutes ago, zed said:

I did. Never underestimate how stupid people can be, but I’m struggling to believe that someone could be so stupid to shove a massive bag of weed in a bodyboard bag and think they could get away with it. Not to mention weed in Bali is easily accessible and much cheaper than Australia. 

I think this is the key part. You would have to be a complete and utter low IQ neanderthal to smuggle drugs into a country that has the death penalty and or long jail terms but do a google search-there have been tons..Darwins theory at its finest

Given how many times we have been lied to and deceived I don't know how anyone can take the side of any athlete that tests positive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zed said:

i think she didn't intentionally take anything, based on her interview. She seems genuinely distraught and i think she was good enough and young enough to do really well without PED's.  

How it got into her system, no one knows and she has no way of proving how. It may have been in some food she has eaten as god knows how many chemicals are in many foods we eat. It could have even been sabotage but we will never know. She is young enough to serve her time and come back. 

As for Corby, i have reliable information that customs agents were paid off on regular occasions by the corby's and on this occasion it went south. The drugs were also her sisters. 

22 hours ago, Prince said:

i think she didn't intentionally take anything, based on her interview. She seems genuinely distraught and i think she was good enough and young enough to do really well without PED's.  

How it got into her system, no one knows and she has no way of proving how. It may have been in some food she has eaten as god knows how many chemicals are in many foods we eat. It could have even been sabotage but we will never know. She is young enough to serve her time and come back. 

As for Corby, i have reliable information that customs agents were paid off on regular occasions by the corby's and on this occasion it went south. The drugs were also her sisters. 

It's hard to know. She swims at the same club as my 12 year old niece and obviously all the younger swimmers look up to her. Some of the kids my niece swims with have already started to plateau, a year of working hard and their times haven't changed. I can see why someone would look for other means to improve their performance. I hope she's innocent and can prove that, but we've been down this road so many times..... innocent before being proven guilty doesn't really apply to doping anymore...

31 minutes ago, zed said:

They were able to prove that some batches of a supplement were contaminated and the substance wasn't on the label. Unless Shayna can do that, I think it will be 4 years.

That is unless she has someone that will state they were taking the drug, and had a big night with her the night before her test.