more

Training with a cold?

So felt it coming on last weekend, woke up Tuesday morning feeling like sh!t but went for a ride which hurt my lungs. Still wouldn't concede defeat and went for a swim which of course resulted in me feeling like death on Wednesday. 

So today I still feel like crap with a nasty cough. At what point have you found returning to training helps rather than hinders recovery? 

I work on the rule -- anything above the neck ( slight sore throat, running nose) - is OK to train but don't get HR up and cut back on the running

Anything below the neck -- rest 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Youngy2 said:

I work on the rule -- anything above the neck ( slight sore throat, running nose) - is OK to train but don't get HR up and cut back on the running

Anything below the neck -- rest 

This. Listen to your body. It'll tell you.

I try and make sure I do something though even when ill, but that might just be taking the dog out for half an hour. 

• Thanks 1

I have been burning the candle pretty hard with work, family and training recently. I got a cold, then recovered and went back to normal training, only to find I got sick again 2 weeks later.

My learnings - its July, no need to rush back into, or push the training. When I feel good again, take another 2 days off, then do a couple of easy days to start the body up again.

• Thanks 1

I ran early Thursday, then when I was at work, a girl came in who was sick - because we were having a farewell lunch - and sat next to me.

Was fine when I left, then by the time I got home, I knew I was getting sick... Sure enough, woke up with a piercing headache yesterday & now it's a mixture between aching sinuses, running nose, sneezing... 

The last thing I feel like doing is exercise, and would think that it would likely just keep me sick for longer.

• Sad 1

Can I have  your disc?

you never got sick until you bought it. 

• Haha 1

Relax take the dog for a walk. Spend time with the family. Rest recovery & enjoy a good feed. 

I lasted 15 years in the sport by playing it smart & getting the balance right. 

• Like 1

Well I must admit it's been nice sitting on the couch with the kids watching telly all day!

Also the cold and flu tablets that don't have pseudoephidrine in them are useless. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Can I have  your disc?

you never got sick until you bought it. 

Lol you're a funny bastard! But you have got it wrong-i never got sick until you hurt your knee 🤔

On 20/07/2019 at 3:57 PM, more said:

Also the cold and flu tablets that don't have pseudoephidrine in them are useless. 

Yup, I thought I would try them out as I did not have my licence with me, waste of money.

10 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Yup, I thought I would try them out as I did not have my licence with me, waste of money.

I always stock up on the pseudoephidrine ones when I travel overseas. 

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

I always stock up on the pseudoephidrine ones when I travel overseas. 

Agree. Me too. 

Just walk into any chemist and ask for them.