Surfer

Swimming to work!

Apparently the swimming bit isn't illegal.  But if he posses a threat/risk to shipping and boat users he could be removed. 

Also says he's been thinking about it for years, but never done so as he wouldn't want to get in the way of a boat. 

Slow news day? 

Don't the Clearance Divers do it all the time during their selection period?

I used to work in bridge street and a guy at work kayaked in from balmain to work each day. Got out at the opera house and walked the 2 blocks. He might even still do it. 

We have a guy that uses a SUP to get to work sometimes. In Brisbane, gets in river at West End, gets out near North Quay ferry then carries it into out building via the tunnel off the bikeway under Expressway. Leaves it in the bike room.

4 hours ago, oldschool69#2 said:

Best biathlon was the Sydney biathlon swam from one side to the other ran back over the bridge .

pitty it hasn’t been on for 25 years !

And the best thing was these were late afternoon races. Perfect in summer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

And the best thing was these were late afternoon races. Perfect in summer.

Yeah like the BRAT tri.  Sat arvo.  The best 

There was so many around wasn’t there from Newport to bundeena 

Opera House

Darling Harbour 

Peir One etc

Little story about the Opera House biathlon one year think 94 

first place across the line was s trip to Bali 7 nights accom and $400 duty free voucher for Two !

so my self and my best mate (Paul Obrien) some might remember him ... hatched a plan to take the win because Paul was the best swimmer we decided to start wide of everyone and he wouldn’t bash me at the start which was quite standard (he use to throw some good Hail Marys at me all the time to put me off hahaha.)

All I had to do was stay on his feet and then run my ass off and catch the first female.we went in with Welchy and Sian so banter was high I didn’t no any other chicks so assume Sian was the sure bet.

Gun goes off plan works perfect catch Sian with about 1k to go muck around give her a bit of lip carry on thinking we are off to Bali two17 year olds pack the Boards !

.....come into the finish line look up and bloody Diane Nash ? Was crossing the line got me by about 10 sec !!! Farrrrrrrrrk 

At the presso she got the prize then gave it to her grandparents!

nice gesture but common two young bucks in Bali in the mid 90s.... what could of gone wrong? 

I Got a Tie for the male win 😂😂🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

Did paul Obrian win a mmm comp and get a start in the old F1 series?

On 12/07/2019 at 2:21 PM, Naut said:

Don't the Clearance Divers do it all the time during their selection period?

Back when i was in the navy we had to swim across the harbour under water looking up on a single breath while wearing overalls.  :)

Gee, I wonder why the navy wanted blokes that were good at holding their breath...  I guess if you're not allowed to ask the question outright, this would be a fair indicator.

19 hours ago, Peter said:

Did paul Obrian win a mmm comp and get a start in the old F1 series?

Yes mate Beat the croc .

100k to beat Brad , we were actually training a fair bit with him at the time and Kimmy Tunnell his girlfriend giving him shit how he should let Paul beat him and he was going to give him 20k haha 

but he wouldn’t do it just beat him in the last run but OBS got a wildcard spot .

He made the top 15 got a start the next year then got the sack of the Brays taken to court and kicked out .. and typical Obs couldn’t give a flying f$&k about it 

I could be biased but hands down the most talented guy out their and the most lazy laid back guy you could meet 

went 850ish at foster in his first Ironman ever and was blind drunk the Wednesday and Friday night before hand were I literally had to carry the prick home 😂😂

Should be a 10 question with him. 

Some great history there. 

• Like 1

What if he tied helium balloons around his waist. Then the boats could see him!

5 hours ago, Peter said:

Should be a 10 question with him. 

Some great history there. 

The only problem Pete is he is a analog man stuck in a digital world! Doesn’t have e mail doesn’t have any social media only contactable by phone haha 

i am traveling up to Sydney this Friday to meet him at the pub for dinner with the family we speak on the phone pretty much every fortnight to catch up etc.

i could tell a thousand stories of his shenanigans!

if you want to ask him let us know I’ll post the questions to him 😂

Actually I’ll tell another quick story related to Sydney Harbour.

it was Paul’s bucks day and we were on a pub crawl around the city over to Luna park and back etc 

His new brother in laws and friends we didn’t know were with us ,any way it’s pissing down rain on and off we are all pissed catching the ferry back from the nth side next minute we see Paul on the outside of the ferry salutes us and jumps over board in the middle of the harbour fully dressed.

these new guys are freaking out at me we gota tell some one go back etc The boys and I just laughed and said ah Fark him he knows the next stop he’ll be sweet 

we are at the pub and an hr had passed they were getting real worried for him so the made me go back to the warf and check I’m heading down and I can see this guy on the back of a yacht sculling beers dancing away !!

Hed be friended a group As he climb outa the water and they were in disbelief so they shouted him beers ! 

The night got worse at the dog track 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 2

On 12/07/2019 at 2:03 PM, Lost in transition said:

Why can’t he just JetSki? Are there rules actually around this. I’ve always thought about it for Melbourne 

Jetski's are banned on Sydney Harbor to the best of my knowledge.

Jetski's are also banned up the Yarra river past Docklands, so you can't go it there either!  

Damn government spoiling our fun and creative ways to get to work!

Edited by BC_J400
  • Haha 1