Jillcantsurf

Where are the kneeboarders?

8 hours ago, Jillcantsurf said:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there are many kneeboarders around Shellharbour beaches? Moving there soon and would love to meet some.

Can't speak for now but 40 years ago kneelos ruled the place. Cowries (the ledge), the Shallows and the Farm all popular.

My ex brother in law rides a kneeboard at Bellambi Point - been doing it for 20 years. It is rare nowadays to see kneeboards around the bigger Gong area. Mainly standups and tin lids. The Shallows (my favourite spot) is being decimated at the moment. Whilst I understand change must go on, it is such a pity. I have had some great times there, including having dolphins swim quite near us.

https://www.frasersproperty.com.au/nsw/shell-cove/construction-at-the-waterfront/aerial-images-2019

I said after retirement, I would pull out the old cripple board. Well, that day is coming around, so here it is.

FM

91CF69C8-A3F8-432A-9272-5158B1FDF486.jpeg

Edited by Flanman
  • Like 1

Coincidentally just bumped into one of the Southsides favourite old school kneelos. 

Me, off the stormwater pipe at Maroubra. There used to be a lot of kneelos back then.

713E615B-EACA-4A25-BC98-0EC10D7AED04.jpeg

• Like 1

For any old school Sutho Shire Triathlon folk, the kind that have something like Caringbah stamped in their passport as place of birth...... there are only three turn to guys that can share wisdom of our sport, Southwell, A’hern and the bloke of the point in the photo, Unicomb. 

Respects. Great to see, how good is that. 

Do you lot all click on emails from the Nigerian Prince?