Sign in to follow this  
Ex-Hasbeen

Pro-Cycling Chat

The Tour of Switzerland is currently on. Ineos have Egan Bernal in front (even after their captain GT crashed out) with a 41 second lead over Australian Rohan Dennis. Dennis has been working hard on his climbing this year and has stayed in contact with the leaders over the last 2 mountain stages. With a 19km TT tonight, he is favorite to take back the yellow jersey, but probably not by much. This should make for a ding dong final stage tomorrow night. Three HC climbs in a 144km stage, the final one cresting 21km from the finish, followed by a 13km descent, then a fairly flat 8km to the finish. Rohan's aim would be to be in contact at the top of the last climb, as it would be difficult for Ineos to get away from someone like him after that.

I wish I had Eurosport to watch it live. :(

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do what I do to avoid the late nights, go there 

is anyone one heading to the tour this year. I am going over on the 10th

Pro cycling made a comeback yesterday with the start a couple of second tier stage races in Spain & Bulgaria. For those wanting to watch some this year, SBS will be showing a a number of races, with the first, Critérium du Dauphiné, kicking off in 2 weeks.

https://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/article/2020/07/29/how-watch-mens-cycling-sbs?fbclid=IwAR3hUiOpEmBEjF1v7ekXcVdHfl0bHVyCvNuzthHZXd5uEyzsDpsyB2yX2vk

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Naut said:

Strade Bianche on Sat night!!!

I have no way of watching :sadwalk:

Get the GNC APP

They are showing it all live. 

31F164CF-99EF-486D-94D7-B52F81E7D680.png

I've missed pro cycling
Entertaining coverage of a prologue in Romania from Lanterne Rouge on Youtube:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Peter said:

Get the GNC APP

They are showing it all live. 

31F164CF-99EF-486D-94D7-B52F81E7D680.png

Sorry, should have said "no way of watching it because I am a tightarse and am not paying a service to watch"

21 hours ago, Peter said:

Haha. There will be free ways. 

I am also far too lazy to spend the time setting up the dodgy ways or putting up with poor quality pictures and Ukrainian commentary.

Basically it needs to be on FTA or have a simple service where I pay a few dollars to watch individual races.

With Sagan kicked out of the TdF a few years ago for what was really a "cycling incident", Groenewegen should be out for a year.

Jakobsen is lucky to be alive, and a couple other riders aren't starting tomorrow.

EX - yep, by far worst crash I have seen and he needs to have a fair stint off. As a lot of commentary saying, a downhill finish into a tightening finish line never needs to be seen in a bike race again. 

Thankful Jakobsen looks to have his life. 

I must say, it nice to have cycling back. These next 8-12 weeks are going to be action packed! 

One of the worst crashes I think I've ever seen. Inexcusable really and I'm sure he'll have to deal with fairly extensive disciplinary action.

I'm sure that Dylan regrets his actions and their consequences, but at the end of the day he was doing what he felt that he needed to do to win. Everyone makes mistakes but the priority should be making sure that these sort of downhill, tightening finishes don't happen again, and that Jakobsen and also the photographer who he cleaned up are back to full health as quickly as possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BNothling said:

One of the worst crashes I think I've ever seen. 

Google Djamolidine Abdoujaparov from the days before helmets.cany believe he survived some of his crashes. 

I read somewhere Jakobsons DS wants Groenewegen charged by police. 

30 minutes ago, roxii said:

Google Djamolidine Abdoujaparov from the days before helmets.cany believe he survived some of his crashes. 

You mean Abdu-push-em-off?

2 hours ago, roxii said:

Matt Keenan said the race organizers will be sued for sure.  

look at the way the barrier fold. They were flimsy plastic. 

26 minutes ago, Peter said:

You guys watching on the GCn app?  Is it good?

No. I had a pretty big day planned today, so didn't want to stay up all night. I got up early & watched the last 20km on Tiz Cycling.

Very good.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Aidan said:

Wout to attack on the Poggio

So is van Aert going to be to cycling this decade what Sagan was last? He doesn't have the sprinting ability of Sagan, but 2 from 2 of the Classics so far, if he continues to mature over the next few years, he'll be an amazing racer. Watching his sprint against a la Phillipe this morning, he just looked so controlled.

He's not racing Il Lombardia, so it'll be good to see how he goes in the Criterium du Dauphine next week.

As an amateur armchair follower,  I think what he lacks in sprinting, he seemingly has a far better ‘racing’ brain (control) than Sagan. So nice to have so many exciting cyclists across the board coming through. 

53 minutes ago, Bosco said:

So nice to have so many exciting cyclists across the board coming through. 

Remco Evenepoel certainly seems to be another with a bright future. In 2018 he won the Junior road race & ITT. Only 20 years old now, and took the silver in the senior ITT at last year's UCI WC when only 19. He's won 3 out of 3 stage races this year, and with 1 stage left should take out the Tour of Poland tonight. In 2018 he won the Junior road race & ITT.

It'll be interesting to see how DQT handle him. 

12 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Remco Evenepoel certainly seems to be another with a bright future. In 2018 he won the Junior road race & ITT. Only 20 years old now, and took the silver in the senior ITT at last year's UCI WC when only 19. He's won 3 out of 3 stage races this year, and with 1 stage left should take out the Tour of Poland tonight. In 2018 he won the Junior road race & ITT.

It'll be interesting to see how DQT handle him. 

Took the absolute piss yesterday. Solo attack from 50km out and stayed away to win by 1:45. Huge talent.

• Like 1

On 08/08/2020 at 8:39 PM, Aidan said:

Wout to attack on the Poggio

called it. Virtual prize to you.