Sign in to follow this  
ComfortablyNumb

Shoulder & knee pads

Crashed again today and went straight down on the shoulder I busted in 2017.  I'm too old to break shit now, are there any MTB shoulder & knee guards that I can get which will not be too bulky or hinder pedaling?

For knee and elbow pads i use Fox ones they are soft, almost neoprean type material. Not bulky and only good to avoid grazes/cuts.

this style: https://www.torpedo7.co.nz/products/FXPRKN4LA/title/launch-enduro-knee-pads

Shoulder pads probably look to endro style, may be a little less bulky than downhill gear, also check snowboard body protection

this is the POC stuff which will be some of the best and most expensive you can get

https://www.pocsports.com/eu/mountain-biking/mountain-biking-armor/

Kneepads seem like their is plenty of choice, the Dainese Trail Skins Lites ($72 from Wiggle) seem to rate OK.  But shoulder guards are more difficult. Might have to look at some rugby or Motor-X options>

Ordered this Dainese Black 2017 Trailknit MTB Protection Jersey and these Dakine Black 18W Slayer Pair of MTB Knee Pad, will see how they go.  Reviews seem ok, but did not break the bank.

Did not feel I needed the full Motor-X type body armour, just some padding to absorb shoulder impact a bit.

Going to be off the MTB for a few days anyway until shoulder & wrist settles.  Can't believe how sore you can get from a pissy little crash when  you get the wrong side of 50.

Dainese-Black-2017-Trailknit-MTB-Protection-.jpg

dakine-slayer-knee-pad.jpg