The Customer

How to dob in a doper

59 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Worse. And I didn't realise he was actually a friend. Things must be improving. :)

All my friends are humble and have empathy.

1 hour ago, zed said:

If there was no chance of getting caught, there would be a certain % of people  that would cheat, but I don't believe that number would be high. And you can't cheat your conscience. 

Zed, I agree that the number would not be high because as you point out, most peoples morals or self beliefs would stop them. What I am saying is that statistics show that you will reduce rule/law breakers if they feel they will get caught irrespective of the consequences of their actions.

As for course cutting or draft, well I think that speaks for itself.

FM 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zed said:

That's what I've read. But not sure I agree. For me it comes down to your own set of beliefs. You do something bad, it stays with you, haunts you. Hence the reason Floyd Lanids came forward and spilled the beans - 

"I want to clear my conscience," Landis told ESPN. "I don't want to be part of the problem any more."

If there was no chance of getting caught, there would be a certain % of people  that would cheat, but I don't believe that number would be high. And you can't cheat your conscience.  Perhaps no-one saw you cut the course, but your conscience knows you did. And that little f**ker will be there for the rest of your life tapping you on the shoulder, reminding you. 

I'm afraid not everyone has the same sense of moral obligation. 

Floyd managed to lie about it for ages, go to court, seek support from his supporters. Only when all hope was lost and Lance told him there was no place on his new team for Floyd, despite his ban expiring, did Floyd allow clearing his conscience (or getting revenge more likely) to take control of his actions.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dazaau said:

I'm afraid not everyone has the same sense of moral obligation. 

Floyd managed to lie about it for ages, go to court, seek support from his supporters. Only when all hope was lost and Lance told him there was no place on his new team for Floyd, despite his ban expiring, did Floyd allow clearing his conscience (or getting revenge more likely) to take control of his actions.

Didn't he take action after Lance Armstrong refused to put on his new team?   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fitness Buddy said:

yeah true. Not exactly clearing his conscience. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fitness Buddy said:

You can see why it made him mad. Floyd was damaged goods no one would touch, stripped of his tdf glory.

Meanwhile Lance is riding in the tour again with his own team and "Hope rides again" plastered all over the road, media and advertising. 

If Lance hadn't snubbed Floyd he may never have been undone. 

25 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Are you ever planning on going sub 5?

Ooooh your so salty....lol 

29 minutes ago, more said:

Ooooh your so salty....lol 

"Ooooh, you're so salty... LOL"

or

"Ooooh, you are so salty... LOL"

Literacy standards have dropped so low among the millennials.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Customer said:

"Ooooh, you're so salty... LOL"

or

"Ooooh, you are so salty... LOL"

Literacy standards have dropped so low among the millennials.

Who woulda thunk it...imagine my shock!

"Scientists have found that people who constantly get bothered by grammatical errors online have "less agreeable" personalities than those who just let them slide."

https://www.sciencealert.com/people-who-pick-up-grammar-mistakes-jerks-scientists-find

3 minutes ago, The Customer said:

It's also well known that people who have all the gear often have no idea when it comes to triathlon. 😉

Lol you think that's an insult? Unlike you I have life, I do this for shits and giggles. And yep I am successful and financially sound so I can afford to buy whatever I want. Jealousy is a poor trait... 

Anyway like I said I have a life and more important things to do that trade barbs with a nobody on the interweb. 

13 minutes ago, more said:

Anyway like I said I have a life and more important things to do that trade barbs with a nobody on the interweb. 

Just highlight it when they are wrong, it drives them nuts. They then start with the personal insults or bragging about how great they are.

This of course won’t help u, because The Customer is never wrong.

On 19/06/2019 at 3:55 PM, Triatx said:

TC, As someone who has been through this same scenario while at board level in WA it is an incredibly stressful and in the end wasteful experience.

ASADA sort of had a go on this particular one but because it was Age Groupers they didn't have a lot of appetite for it and it died a death despite the work we put into it.

ASADA don't have the resources and unfortunately unless it is in the public intrest they shy away from it.

Your friend would be better off going direct to IM particuarly as they will test in France.Whoever the person is needs to be put on the their radar so they can look at it.That worked for us with our seriel WA cheat when he went to Las Vegas a few years back.

Are you talking about dr sing who ducked up cycling in Perth 

5 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Just highlight it when they are wrong, it drives them nuts. They then start with the personal insults or bragging about how great they are.

This of course won’t help u, because The Customer is never wrong.

And it's well known how great I am so I rarely mention it these days. 😉

Edited by The Customer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, more said:

Who woulda thunk it...imagine my shock!

"Scientists have found that people who constantly get bothered by grammatical errors online have "less agreeable" personalities than those who just let them slide."

https://www.sciencealert.com/people-who-pick-up-grammar-mistakes-jerks-scientists-find

Ahhhhh, so THIS is why they got me the "Does not play well with others" T-shirt....

• Haha 1

On 19/06/2019 at 5:12 PM, The Customer said:

Asking for a friend...

A friend suspects someone in his training squad is doping. This person has a reputation for being a cheat, such as, cutting the course at the Barcelona marathon and blocking drink stations with their body to hinder another athlete grabbing a drink (they did this at a club race). They have suddenly gone from a 14+hr IM / 6hr 70.3 to someone who will soon break 5hrs for 70.3 and has an insane racing schedule this year - several full marathons, Hamburg IM and 70.3 world champs Nice a few weeks after that. Rumors are flying.

My friend would love to see this person tested at Hamburg or Nice - who do they contact and what are the chances of the testers following through with tip-offs?

We love drugs in the Shire, have they thought of entering Kurnell,  could pull into the leagues club on the way through and get a fresh batch from the gazelles boot.  

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, The Customer said:

And it's well know how great I am so I rarely mention it these days. 😉

To confirm, I'll always think you're great.  :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Customer said:

And it's well know how great I am so I rarely mention it these days. 😉

Have you been to Kona? 

13 hours ago, AP said:

I've got this friend who has all the gear - bikes - wheels - etc - trains really well - but always races poorly - maybe he needs to dope 😏

That's me! Well could be but Im a she & we dont know each other

49 minutes ago, GSP said:

To confirm, I'll always think you're great.  :)

We've left a lot of greatness in the form of sweat on the baking asphalt of Buffalo in January.

If nothing else, we're still full of great memories. 😉

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Customer said:

did I tell you about the time AP chased me through the Energy lab???

What’s the Energy lab? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

What’s the Energy lab? 

Scientific project run out of Sydney University.

• Haha 1

On the current Project I'm on, we are able to report with anonymity people whom we suspect are drug affected and they will be tested. The only condition applied, is the person making the report is also tested.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BogFrog said:

Ahhhhh, so THIS is why they got me the "Does not play well with others" T-shirt....

My work mates told me that this is my next 'not so secret Santa' present.

people-not-a-big-fan-mens-t-shirt.jpg

• Haha 3

On 19/06/2019 at 5:52 PM, AP said:

He wouldn't need the drugs then - all he'd have to do is do the work - do the recovery well - get good sleep - and not focus on others - just look after his own square meter 💖

"metre" :) unless you have some sort of proprietary "Square Meter" performance measuring device.

Love your work AP, live long and prosper old fellow.

On 20/06/2019 at 9:38 AM, Bored@work said:

Some people are fking sad if they have to dope for a Hobbie.

Never been in your local gym lately then??

2 hours ago, trifun said:

"metre" :) unless you have some sort of proprietary "Square Meter" performance measuring device.

Love your work AP, live long and prosper old fellow.

AP's got an American keyboard and uses the American language and spellcheck on his computer. Makes it easier ordering parts for his Hummer. Remember them? Hummers. AP and Robby Gordon must own the last two still working.

On 19/06/2019 at 7:12 PM, The Customer said:

Asking for a friend...

A friend suspects someone in his training squad is doping. This person has a reputation for being a cheat, such as, cutting the course at the Barcelona marathon and blocking drink stations with their body to hinder another athlete grabbing a drink (they did this at a club race). They have suddenly gone from a 14+hr IM / 6hr 70.3 to someone who will soon break 5hrs for 70.3 and has an insane racing schedule this year - several full marathons, Hamburg IM and 70.3 world champs Nice a few weeks after that. Rumors are flying.

My friend would love to see this person tested at Hamburg or Nice - who do they contact and what are the chances of the testers following through with tip-offs?

6 hrs to ‘will soon break sub 5hrs for 70.3’.

FMD. Crime of the century obviously.

Get back to us when they actually break 4hrs Sherlock.

• Like 1

On 20/06/2019 at 12:34 AM, The Customer said:

Not the same person but living in the same region where drug use is rife.

The suspect person is female and has been about the same speed for the past 5 years. A male breaking 5hrs isn't so extraordinary but for a female it takes a bit of talent. She works full time, has 2 kids and various rolls on the committee of the tri association which takes her time after hours. It's not like she hasn't trained seriously in the past but due to her physical shape and age (late 30s) everyone advised her that she wouldn't get any faster. In the past 6 months she's suddenly become ripped. We'll see what happens on the hilly Nice course I suppose.

Maybe she has discovered the ketone diet and has lost ~10kg. That alone would give her massive bump in power to weight, plus being about to run more due to less stress on her body because of a lower weight. 

BTW - has she actually broken 5hrs, or is ‘your friend’ having a neurotic episode because she fears this evil woman might break 5hrs.

i still reckon you are jumping at shadows. 6 to 5hrs ish isn’t that big of a deal. Even for a female AG athlete.

• Like 2

On 24/06/2019 at 12:26 AM, The Customer said:

I guess you'd have to know the person in question to know it was sus.

This is the most risible thread ever. 

Salem just rang from the 17th century, Grinch. They want their witch trial inquisitor back ...

48 minutes ago, Tomsey said:

https://road.cc/content/news/262531-two-test-positive-epo-new-york-gran-fondo

5 riders tested positive in 9 years....for an alleged fun event!

Seven.  " GFNY NYC has had five previous positive doping controls in its nine-year history. "

Note that one of them popped this year was a former Ironman pro.

53 minutes ago, Stikman said:

Note that one of them popped this year was a former Ironman pro.

Gabriel Raff of Argentina, a former pro Ironman triathlete, finished 25th

Never heard of him. Needs new drugs.

1 hour ago, The Customer said:

Gabriel Raff of Argentina, a former pro Ironman triathlete, finished 25th

Never heard of him. Needs new drugs.

He was crying poor earlier in the year on ST asking for lodgings for GFNY.  There was a great follow up post last week :lol:

I don't really understand why anyone would not be encouraging TC to dob in a suspected doper.  Pretty much all Age Group testing is targeted (dobbed in or very fast). Drug testing relies on us identifying and reporting suspect athletes.

TC has not named the athlete. She will have to pee into a cup, and nobody has to know unless she fails the drug test. So no harm done if the athlete in question is clean.

Yes it is just a hobby, but racing against cheats ruins the enjoyment. My sister used to play low level competition tennis. Her and her friends were not very good, but they enjoyed their weekend tennis game and being an actual competition made it more fun than just a social game. There were no umpires, so players made all the line calls themselves (honesty system). Unfortunately some of the opposition continually lied, calling my sister's shots out (even though you could see the mark where the ball landed). Most opposition were honest, but there were enough cheats that it ruined the fun and my sister and her friends all quit. Enough people quit and the club folds.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rob said:

I don't really understand why anyone would not be encouraging TC to dob in a suspected doper.  Pretty much all Age Group testing is targeted (dobbed in or very fast). Drug testing relies on us identifying and reporting suspect athletes.

TC has not named the athlete. She will have to pee into a cup, and nobody has to know unless she fails the drug test. So no harm done if the athlete in question is clean.

Yes it is just a hobby, but racing against cheats ruins the enjoyment. My sister used to play low level competition tennis. Her and her friends were not very good, but they enjoyed their weekend tennis game and being an actual competition made it more fun than just a social game. There were no umpires, so players made all the line calls themselves (honesty system). Unfortunately some of the opposition continually lied, calling my sister's shots out (even though you could see the mark where the ball landed). Most opposition were honest, but there were enough cheats that it ruined the fun and my sister and her friends all quit. Enough people quit and the club folds.

Was this the days before litigation became a disease?

6 hours ago, Rob said:

Yeah, like let’s all sic the rozzers onto healthy age groupers who manage to find the time and motivation to pull their finger out and go from 6hrs to ... maybe (dunno but maybe) possibly getting close to 5 hours for a 70.3. Because, wow - that would be like going from ... nowhere at the back of the field to nearly nowhere but maybe the middle of the pack ... just because we hacks might feel threatened that someone else might contest our own mediocrity. That’s simply not acceptable, is it? Let’s make them know that the haters are hating behind their backs, make them feel a little shit about themselves, instead of proud of their improvement, as they pee into a cup because someone turned camp informant/malicious gossip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Like I said before, you'd have to know the person in question to understand what they are capable of. Andrew, you should know by now that if it looks to good to be true you'd be right.

2 hours ago, The Customer said:

Like I said before, you'd have to know the person in question to understand what they are capable of. Andrew, you should know by now that if it looks to good to be true you'd be right.

“Know the person”. ... Jesus, someone call Lavrentiy Beria to get to the bottom of this.

Grinch, you are starting to sound like one of the Villains from the movie Heathers. 

“If it looks to (sic) good to be true you’d be right” ... remind me, just how good was Daniela’s ride back from Hawi last year?

Edited by Andrew #1
  • Like 3

Delivering!  I've learned two new words, 'risible' and 'rozzers', I now know who Lavrentiy Beria is, and what Heathers is about 👍

Disclaimer - never broken 5hrs for an HIM.....unless Gundi counts....but probably should have been tested as I ran away from AP while not really concentrating on my own square metre 🏃‍♂️ (though I do recall wondering if there were any metrey plus cod in the MacIntyre  😉).

• Like 1

Maybe we should mention an up & coming young tennis player to WADA. Just a couple years ago she was 600th in the world, and she just made number 1 last week. It sounds too good to be true. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Maybe we should mention an up & coming young tennis player to WADA. Just a couple years ago she was 600th in the world, and she just made number 1 last week. It sounds too good to be true. ;) 

As we can see from recent posts in the NRL thread, Queenslander's don't cheat...

11 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

“Know the person”. ... Jesus, someone call Lavrentiy Beria to get to the bottom of this.

Grinch, you are starting to sound like one of the Villains from the movie Heathers. 

“If it looks to (sic) good to be true you’d be right” ... remind me, just how good was Daniela’s ride back from Hawi last year?

I can see you're intrigued by the whole fiasco. I'll keep you up to date with how the witch hunt develops over the next few months. 😉

Hopefully our banter will attract 'more' likes for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, The Customer said:

I can see you're intrigued by the whole fiasco. I'll keep you up to date with how the witch hunt develops over the next few months. 😉

Can you build a bridge out of her?

2 hours ago, The Customer said:

Lol I think TC has a crush on me.. 😍