I've just entered Big Husky 2020 for the bargain price of $265, this price only available until 5pm today so come on what are you waiting for

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Clappers said:

I've just entered Big Husky 2020 for the bargain price of $265, this price only available until 5pm today so come on what are you waiting for

...... a new hip  :lol: 

• Like 2

C'mon Roxxi enter the ocean swim 

I've just gotta convince tenpints to enter so I can sleep in his tent

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, roxii said:

...... a new hip  :lol: 

Should be good to go for the Aquabike once you get some metal inserted. 

12 hours ago, Andrew #1 said:

Should be good to go for the Aquabike once you get some metal inserted. 

Yeah but been told to wait a few years if I can. 

16 hours ago, Clappers said:

C'mon Roxxi enter the ocean swim 

Probably will depending on cost and time of day. 

Wont be paying big $$ and accom for a swim. 

Just had a quick squizz.

so to do an ocean swim, I have to pay a one day TRIATHLON license fee. 

WTF!!! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

59 minutes ago, roxii said:

Just had a quick squizz.

so to do an ocean swim, I have to pay a one day TRIATHLON license fee. 

WTF!!! 

Same with the fun runs. Seem odd.

On 15/06/2019 at 9:34 AM, roxii said:

Yeah but been told to wait a few years if I can. 

Probably will depending on cost and time of day. 

Wont be paying big $$ and accom for a swim. 

I'll shout you a lemonade before you drive back to the shire

49 minutes ago, MissJess said:

I'm still undecided. Maybe the LC....maybe....

I'll shout you a beer at huskisson pub after you smash the LC

• Thanks 2

Not long now... how's the training going? Got any goals, aspirations or high-quality excuses? Taking the plunge on the aquathon on Friday?

Looking forward to my 5th Big Husky, always just looking to improve... oh, and use the new wheels :D

7 minutes ago, Bosco said:

Just remember to take them! 

I have dreamt that before, happy to avoid actually doing it

2 hours ago, Bosco said:

Just remember to take them! 

And not break a spoke! :whistling:  (Yes, it's me, shhhh 😋)

Training going ok.  Looking forward to it being done TBH as I'm kinda over the "having to train" as opposed to wanting to train. 

Trying to decide whether to do the Canberra Tri this weekend (it will likely be a duathlon) or get my last long run / long ride in

Edited by SomeTri
  • Like 1

Accomodations in Huskisson are either booked or are in the $300+ per night range -- I guess I waited too long. Any suggestions about where to go/not go? There seems to be reasonable rates in Nowra – is that a workable option?

I booked up at one of the caravan parks. Will be setting up the camper trailer for me and the family in the run course.

im doing the Ultimate, have been focussing in trail running for UTA but just didn’t want to miss this race.

I signed up for the sprint on Saturday and the classic on Sunday. See you there!

On 25/02/2020 at 5:36 PM, steve said:

Accomodations in Huskisson are either booked or are in the $300+ per night range -- I guess I waited too long. Any suggestions about where to go/not go? There seems to be reasonable rates in Nowra – is that a workable option?

Nowra is fine, I've done it, not too long a drive just a slightly earlier start. 

Anyone seen recent water temps will it be wetsuit? Forecast is 16-28 so will be pretty warm run for slow pokes like me.

• Like 2

No big name elites this year but a few guys who can move very fast, the girls only have 4 in the pros. I dont think EE is too worried about attracting a huge pro race but its locally a great title to hold for sure. I think Roche for the men to win, not sure on the girls.

2 hours ago, Gilliga said:

No big name elites this year but a few guys who can move very fast, the women only have 4 in the pros. I dont think EE is too worried about attracting a huge pro race but its locally a great title to hold for sure. I think Roche for the men to win, not sure on the women.

FTFY

On 26/02/2020 at 10:43 AM, SomeTri said:

Wave starts are out

Bloody!!!  Last again!  😠

I feel for you. It sucks. Been there too many times.  

Supposed to be doing first Husky. Have had the flu since Monday. Will make a late call tomorrow morning. Maybe Sunday morning.

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

Supposed to be doing first Husky. Have had the flu since Monday. Will make a late call tomorrow morning. Maybe Sunday morning.

Duuude

Never have bat for dinner during race week... 

• Sad 1

On 25/02/2020 at 5:36 PM, steve said:

@steveAre you still stuck for accommodation?  A mate of mine has just pulled out and has accomm for Fri & Sat night.  He paid $200 a night, but is happy to take less...

Just noticed that EE are not handing out swim caps. We start in age group pens on the beach. So if it’s not too late make sure you pack a swim cap. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SomeTri said:

@steveAre you still stuck for accommodation?  A mate of mine has just pulled out and has accomm for Fri & Sat night.  He paid $200 a night, but is happy to take less...

Thanks! Got it sorted though, staying in Nowra. It's looking good here, T/A is set up, expo is good. Good luck!

Don't know what the temperature was for the swim last night, but it was comfortable enough in a wetsuit. Would've been fine without one too. Warm, but not too warm. I'm betting wetsuits will be ok.

Not proud to say I had a panic attack in the 1km swim and had to get dragged into the boat

• Sad 1

3674A4F9-F51F-46A5-B914-6B706C37AEC4.thumb.jpeg.4669b7c65c1bbeda8cbb95d9bc097c9c.jpeg

Just found this. 21.9 degrees this morning, says it's the final reading.

2 hours ago, batman said:

Not proud to say I had a panic attack in the 1km swim and had to get dragged into the boat

Hey Batman, you ok? 

Panic attacks are just plain awful. Dont let your pride get in the way of that fact & I hope you feel better now

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SomeTri said:

Thanks!

Final reading for today ???

Yes. But ocean temps don't usually change quickly, so tomorrow will probably be wet suit legal too. Wind churned up the water this afternoon, so if anything it'll be a bit cooler. Probably not by much, though.

8 hours ago, Surfer said:

Hey Batman, you ok? 

Panic attacks are just plain awful. Dont let your pride get in the way of that fact & I hope you feel better now

I was ok as soon as I got in the boat. This is the 4th one in 30 yrs but they’ve all been in last few yrs and all in the ocean other than once in a choppy Lake Burley Griffin. No fun.

• Like 1

A pretty handy swimmer who used to post on here a bit said it was rough swim today. So it would have been tough for a weaker swimmer. Stay safe. 

DNF for me

I didn’t have a Garmin and thought it was 2 laps, I didn’t realise until I had started running with elites

I pulled the pin after 10k while I was leading age group 

it wasn’t picked up in the results, it has me riding 90k in 2 hours

no one tell Mark Robson you only have to ride 60k in NSW

Edited by Clappers
  • Sad 3

Still a decent hit out considering all you have been through.

how did you pull up? 

I saw a bike that looked like it had broken in two just after the speed hump near the school. Hope whoever is was is ok.

I heard about one guy who went over a bump while in aero position and the front wheel came out. Face planted into the road

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, SomeTri said:

I heard about one guy who went over a bump while in aero position and the front wheel came out. Face planted into the road

Holy crap. 

25 minutes ago, SomeTri said:

There was a guy at presso with bandages all over the right side of his head and arm, and looked like he was also missing a tooth 

Sounds like it may well have been him

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

There was a guy at presso with bandages all over the right side of his head and arm, and looked like he was also missing a tooth 

Yep, that's the guy...

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Yep...spoke to him... he said his ankle broke on his front wheel going over the speed bump.

My tip here for those that don’t is always go through speed bumps/ramps.... out of the saddle....... your welcome.