Katz

Garmin 530 - Live Strava Segments

Picked up the Edge 530 yesterday. Spent much of my afternoon at work playing with it and getting it set up. So far, there is much love. 😍

My Live Strava Segments just kind of appeared on my 935 when I set them up properly in Strava (I think, I don't recall having to do anything fancy), and I expected they would just appear on the ride home yesterday on the 530. Alas, they did not.

Has anyone set their 530 up to use live segments yet and how did you go about doing it? I'm sure I've just missed a simple step, just don't know what it is.

assume youve enabled them?

You can enable segment racing and prompts that alert you to approaching segments.

1. Select Menu > Training > Segments > Segment Options > Enable/Disable > Edit Multiple.
  2. Select the segments to enable.
    NOTE: Prompts alerting you to approaching segments appear only for enabled segments.

11 minutes ago, pieman said:

assume youve enabled them?

You can enable segment racing and prompts that alert you to approaching segments.

1. Select Menu > Training > Segments > Segment Options > Enable/Disable > Edit Multiple.
  2. Select the segments to enable.
    NOTE: Prompts alerting you to approaching segments appear only for enabled segments.

Is that for Garmin Segments or Strava Segments? Cause I only saw Garmin segments on the device when I looked in there. I will look again when I get home. I knew I should have brought it with me to play with it more today even though I didn't ride! lol

12 minutes ago, pieman said:

also see if the strava segment widget is enabled...

It is not. This I know as I didn't set it up. 

Thank you pieman.

Checked all the setup last night when I got home, all seemed to be done. Rode to work this morning and all the segments came up. 

Loving the 530 so very much and so far can highly recommend.

• Like 1