Peter

Froome GONE

11 minutes ago, dazmuzza said:

That vid don't seem to work here in Oz :(

hmm.  Sorry.  Didnt know.  I'm on a USA VPN always

Yeah big news. Was looking really good at the dauphine. While sad he won't secure what was likely to be his 5th tour, it will be a more exciting race now!

1 hour ago, dazmuzza said:

That vid don't seem to work here in Oz :(

1 hour ago, Peter said:

hmm.  Sorry.  Didnt know.  I'm on a USA VPN always

Try here

https://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/video/1535990851783/Brailsford-confirms-Froomes-suspected-broken-femur?fbclid=IwAR12PBe5kRqb4kLmUpyXfhpfKsyr4gVydKtIiPwlCjg4PrLdrqexmjrz4Do

Is it REALLY wide open though, wiggins was aimed to peak at the tour as well in ‘equal leader’ status, and Bernal comes in fresh now after missing the Giro.

admittedly, it will be somewhat easier for another team to have a chance, but I would still say INEOS are short favourites with last years winner, and the strongest team in the race.

wiggins i think you may mean GT, wiggo is a little over weight now to ride the tour, he may be on the eurosport sofa though

• Haha 2

Good that he's gone. He was juicy up nicely.....would have been clean by start of the tour though.

That's Froome done and dusted for Grand tour titles. 

Sounds like his injuries are pretty horrific. 

Rumours of hip, femur, ribs, concussion. Hopefully not as bad as reported, that would be tough to recover from. 

When does the Tour start ? I'll probably watch it this year now this news has opened up the field a bit 😪

1 hour ago, Youngy2 said:

Saturday 6 July 

He was taking the piss.  He is never awake after 7pm.  Got to get up at 4:30am for hill repeats in the rain.

48 minutes ago, Peter said:

He was taking the piss.  He is never awake after 7pm.  Got to get up at 4:30am for hill repeats in the rain.

He can record it & watch when he's "in the office doing the books". :)

5 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

It's taken 10 years to find an issue with his Biological Passport. What a joke.

News in L’Équipe today about the Châtenay-Malabry antidoping lab refining its EPO testing method to make micro-doses detectable for 48h+, as against approx 24h today. Not ratified yet but could be by early 2020 & samples from last ten years can be retested.

10 hours ago, Peter said:

No problem, he will just record it on his VCR to watch later.

35 minutes ago, Peter said:

Carnage..

hope we don't lose our only TdF champ...though his powwr data was in the 'human' range.

Chris Froome (Ineos) lost four pints of blood in the aftermath of his crash at the Critérium du Dauphiné, which saw him put in intensive care and sidelined from racing for an expected six months.

Further scans have also revealed Froome suffered additional fractures to his sternum and neck, specifically the C7 vertebra, the lowest vertebra in the neck region.

Fark.  Not good. 

• Sad 1

I'm gonna make the call now, he will aim for the 2020 Sun tour here in Victoria as his come back race. It's a pet event for him. 

I think he will aim to walk again first. 

Ineos team management would have been having kittens this morning as GT was taken away in an ambulance from a crash in the Tour de Suisse, but they've since released a statement to say he escaped serious injury & will be ok to race le Tour. 

He looks pretty good for someone that hit a wall at over 50kmh. Where is all the bark off, bruises and neck brace?

38 minutes ago, Limited said:

He looks pretty good for someone that hit a wall at over 50kmh. Where is all the bark off, bruises and neck brace?

Especially given the thing Peter quoted above, with reference to C7 fracture. 

Maybe good.drugs and a clean photo op for the sponsors?  You'd think some obvious dings or scrapes.

Or not.........

1 hour ago, Limited said:

Most of the skin off comes from sliding along the ground. I suppose the sudden stop meant that didn't happen.

• Like 1

On 20/06/2019 at 11:18 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Most of the skin off comes from sliding along the ground. I suppose the sudden stop meant that didn't happen.

This. Obviously.