Sign in to follow this  
Surfer

Ash Barty

Absolutely, well done Ash!

What I've particularly liked about her is that in several interviews that she's done in the lead up to winning this title she said she was just going to go out and 'enjoy herself' and that's exactly what she's done...  Perfect!

(What I'm not going to enjoy is the way the media is now likely to carry on like pork chops, but at least she does deserve the accolades).

Big pay day.  She likes playing on grass, watch for her at Wimbledon 

• Like 1

I read a bit about her, seems like one of those one in a billion natural athletic freaks!! 

• Like 1

Ash has just beaten Venus Williams to get to the semi-final of the Birmingham Classic. If she wins that, then the final, she will be our first female Number 1 in over 40 years.  

• Like 4

Of she doesn't win it, she'll only be 2 points behind No.1, 6377 points to 6375........ That's close!

I just saw that Ash is playing against her doubles partner in the final tonight. The pair withdrew from their semi-final today.

The final is currently 2:1 to Barty on service in the first set.

And a new Women's number 1. Great win by Ash Barty. She'll now go into Wimbledon as the number 1 seed, and with 1 more tournament on grass this week, she really is looking good.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I just saw that Ash is playing against her doubles partner in the final tonight. The pair withdrew from their semi-final today.

The final is currently 2:1 to Barty on service in the first set.

I don't see why they couldn't have played the doubles together after the single. I reckon the crowd would have lapped it up + they would have been crowd favourites for sure.

2 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

I don't see why they couldn't have played the doubles together after the single. I reckon the crowd would have lapped it up + they would have been crowd favourites for sure.

Agree

2 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

But the game they withdrew from was the Semi-Final in the morning before their Singles Final, and the Doubles Final was later in the day. That means they would have had to delay the Doubles Semi-Final until after the Singles Final, then play the Doubles Final straight after it.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

Just saw this

Comparisons between Ash Barty and Kyrgios and Tomic are silly. Let's compare her to tennis players.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Peter said:

Just saw this:

Comparisons between Ash Barty and Kyrgios and Tomic are silly. Let's compare her to tennis players.

I want to really try and like Kyrgios because they have talent, but he just makes it sooooo hard. Some of his stuff now is just laughable.

On the weekend he said to the umpire.... Why are you wearing that hat. It looks ridiculous...... and its not even sunny. I laughed when he said it, but he is such a tool.

Anyway....good to see Barty have success. I love the way she won.... no heroics or carry ons.... etc etc... just a humble and gracious champion.

Naomi Osaka has just lost her first round game, so Ash is a little more likely to retain number 1. Then again, if she wins, she has nothing to worry about.

And just in case any of your kids pick up a tennis racquet early & are pretty good at it. Naomi picked up $81,000 AUD for her first round loss.

4 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Naomi Osaka has just lost her first round game, so Ash is a little more likely to retain number 1. Then again, if she wins, she has nothing to worry about.

And just in case any of your kids pick up a tennis racquet early & are pretty good at it. Naomi picked up $81,000 AUD for her first round loss.

Not bad these days..... But equal Prize money.... come on!!!!

Why should Osaka lose in 2 sets (21 games  - 7-6, 6-2) get the same money as Grigor Dimitrov who play 5 sets & 46 Games).

Though my son would be ok with anything. At our place for a loss against me he gets to clean the pool! :)

6 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Not bad these days..... But equal Prize money.... come on!!!!

Why should Osaka lose in 2 sets (21 games  - 7-6, 6-2) get the same money as Grigor Dimitrov who play 5 sets & 46 Games).

Though my son would be ok with anything. At our place for a loss against me he gets to clean the pool! :)

You're in trouble if DOCs reads this and sees your avatar. :unsure: