Mike Del

It’s new bike day!!!

It’s new bike day! Well new for me anyway. 8C82829C-E96C-4E3F-A5EF-DD1F3416ED5E.thumb.jpeg.0d6516f4feb518fcdf8682974c6b9fc5.jpeg

Only problem now is one or two of these will need to go 😢 ...... maybe. Fortunately my wife rarely if ever looks in the shed 😎4D72545F-789F-4098-97E7-94F9FC90840A.thumb.jpeg.7408dd6250040e25d1f519aeac0c1d6f.jpeg

• Like 3

Rule one with bikes.  

Buy the same color every time.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, FatPom said:

That’s a serious stack of spacers on that Pina.

I haven’t fitted it yet but for me it doesn’t feel too bad. I’m in my late 50’s and have had a couple of lumber discs fused so with some reduced flexibility in my spine I do prefer staying a little high. Realistically I shouldn’t be keeping my Slice cause it does give me a little grief  but I’d like to do 1 more long race.

Edited by Mike Del
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike Del said:

It’s new bike day! Well new for me anyway. 8C82829C-E96C-4E3F-A5EF-DD1F3416ED5E.thumb.jpeg.0d6516f4feb518fcdf8682974c6b9fc5.jpeg

Only problem now is one or two of these will need to go 😢 ...... maybe. Fortunately my wife rarely if ever looks in the shed 😎4D72545F-789F-4098-97E7-94F9FC90840A.thumb.jpeg.7408dd6250040e25d1f519aeac0c1d6f.jpeg

Not sure you can get rid of any. Each has a unique purpose. (Lock the shed door just in case)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

All you need now is the cyclo-cross & the single-speed/fixie.

And a unicycle

14 hours ago, Mike Del said:

It’s new bike day! Well new for me anyway. 

Only problem now is one or two of these will need to go 😢 ...... maybe. Fortunately my wife rarely if ever looks in the shed 😎

Nice bikes Mike.  My shed's just full of really old kids bikes!!

9 hours ago, bRace said:

Not sure you can get rid of any. Each has a unique purpose. (Lock the shed door just in case)

Haha, Yep lock the shed door just in case!

Not trying to be a smartarse, I just honestly don't know much about bikes, but what's the difference in purpose between the Pinarello and the Bianchi?  Not that I'm even allowed to ride at the moment, but I recently won a $500 bike shop voucher so I might look at buying a road bike.  I haven't had a 'road bike' in over 10 years, and even that bike was an Avanti that I bought in 1994.  I've got some catching up to do... once I'm allowed to ride again!!

13 minutes ago, Go Easy said:

Not trying to be a smartarse, I just honestly don't know much about bikes, but what's the difference in purpose between the Pinarello and the Bianchi?

If they were mine, and looking to explain it to my wife, I would say that the "old" bike is a wet weather commuter, so as to not ruin the new bike.

To explain it to other cyclists, it's simply that the Pinarello is a Pinarello, and the Bianchi is a Bianchi, so they serve different purposes. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 bikes. 

0 drive side shots. 

Glad he’s not my brother. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Tyno said:

4 bikes. 

0 drive side shots. 

Glad he’s not my brother. 

If you saw the size of those tiny chainrings he runs (and the fact they are all in the "even smaller" chainring) you'd understand why he takes the shot from this side. ;)

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Well funny you mentioned a fixie, I still have my old track bike in the shed, just needs some new tubulars. Probably been hasn’t moved in 30 years.

Also had lunch at the Brisbane Portuguese Club at Pinkinba today and checked out their brand new cyclocross track. Even sporting imported cobblestones. Has me thinking now 🤔, perhaps switch the Bianchi for a cyclocross Bianchi, then I could still attend the Bianchi club ride 🤔

Edited by Mike Del
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Go Easy said:

Nice bikes Mike.  My shed's just full of really old kids bikes!!

Haha, Yep lock the shed door just in case.

Yep the shed has many locks, and my wife doesn’t have the keys 😎

20 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I remember when I had the whole set. Good roadie, wet weather roadie, fixie, TT, track bike, fat bike, mtb, unicycle and a few others in various states of repair. 

Pretty much 99% of my riding was done on the “good roadie’ but be damned if I wanted to let any of the others go. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don't forget about the trainer bike! 

And one for the rollers. 

23 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

If you saw the size of those tiny chainrings he runs (and the fact they are all in the "even smaller" chainring) you'd understand why he takes the shot from this side. ;)

Haha......  laugh at the small chainrings all you want Bro, but who’s knees are worse.... yours or mine? 

😎

Edited by Mike Del
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 08/06/2019 at 11:14 PM, Go Easy said:

Not trying to be a smartarse, I just honestly don't know much about bikes, but what's the difference in purpose between the Pinarello and the Bianchi?  

One is made in the Giant factory and the other is made in the Merida factory.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 09/06/2019 at 8:14 AM, Go Easy said:

Age and some technology mainly Go Easy. The Bianchi is getting dated while the Pinarello has electronic shifting and more cables hidden. Surprisingly (for me at least) lighter too considering the battery. The Bianchi comes in around 500grams heavier.

Edited by Mike Del
  • Thanks 1

On 8 June 2019 at 5:35 PM, Peter said:

Rule one with bikes.  

Buy the same color every time.  

Been doing this for the last 15 years. The wife thinks my bike has lasted a long time. 

Tip number 1. When you buy a new bike, take any of your last ironman photos off the study wall or desk. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Been doing this for the last 15 years. The wife thinks my bike has lasted a long time. 

Tip number 1. When you buy a new bike, take any of your last ironman photos off the study wall or desk. 

One of my greatest fears is after I die my wife will sell all my bikes and fishing gear for what I told her it cost me.

Edited by Mike Del
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

One of my greatest fears is after I die my wife will sell all my bikes and fishing gear for what I told her it cost me.

It could be worse.

You could get real sick and the money she gets for it all determines the standard of your health care.

• Sad 1