Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Cairns Half Ironman 2004 Results

Just looking and found some old results from Cairns Half Ironman 2004

Took me ages and I found the results in my old email.

Race started at 9am.  We were tougher back then.  Needed it to be nice and warm for the bike and the run. Not just for the run like it is now.

Luke Bell won.  The awards party was like a Wedding.  5 Star food and entertainment.

Scott Penny was the best RD ever.

See attached for results

full results 04.xls

nope.  right in front of the pool that all the back packers have sex in of an evening.

5 minutes ago, Peter said:

nope.  right in front of the pool that all the back packers have sex in of an evening.

:blush: I'm not a backpacker, I was just young, dumb and full of ... :blush:

I blame Simone the matchmaker, she introduced us

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Peter said:

I was told there were 3 very large salties that resided there and before the swim, they would find them and chase them out to sea then do the swim. One year swim was cancelled or delayed because they couldn't find them.... f*ck that for a game of soldiers!

39 minutes ago, zed said:

I was told there were 3 very large salties that resided there and before the swim, they would find them and chase them out to sea then do the swim. One year swim was cancelled or delayed because they couldn't find them.... f*ck that for a game of soldiers!

In 2004, we swam in high tide.  After I crossed the finish line some 5 hours later it was low tide.  We stood there in disbelief watching a croc swimming exactly where were did 5 hours earlier. I was so naive. I'm still alive. But never raced there again some 15 years later. 

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Peter said:

In 2004, we swam in high tide.  After I crossed the finish line some 5 hours later it was low tide.  We stood there in disbelief watching a croc swimming exactly where were did 5 hours earlier. I was so naive. I'm still alive. But never raced there again some 15 years later. 

You don't have to swim faster than the croc. Just faster than the fat guy behind you. :)

• Haha 1