Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Is going on with all the bullshit lately, ****ing having to one up others, put others down, abuse people, make them feel lesser, and the shit that's going on here lately.  This is my safe place and it's being ****ed with to much shit fighting and crap.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just use the block function... it is gold.. or just dont go into certain topics where the main protagonists frequent..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, goughy said:

Is going on with all the bullshit lately, ****ing having to one up others, put others down, abuse people, make them feel lesser, and the shit that's going on here lately.  This is my safe place and it's being ****ed with to much shit fighting and crap.

It's a reflection of a trend seen in general society - discussions based on facts and logic have been replaced by arguments based on unearned moral superiority 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with Goughy on this.

I don't put people on block because when they are on a Tri topic they generally add considerable insight.

Additionally this is my main source of info about Aussie politics, cos the news is at entertainment level where here at min here there are some facts and interpretation

If the personal attacks were reduced then everyone having a different option is what leads to information and debate. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, goughy said:

Is going on with all the bullshit lately, ****ing having to one up others, put others down, abuse people, make them feel lesser, and the shit that's going on here lately.  This is my safe place and it's being ****ed with to much shit fighting and crap.

Your safe place..?! I thought it was MY safe place. I'll fight  you for it!! :)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A safe place on social media....???

Have a listen why it may be hard to have a discussion on these  types of platforms

link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, goughy said:

Is going on with all the bullshit lately, ****ing having to one up others, put others down, abuse people, make them feel lesser, and the shit that's going on here lately.  This is my safe place and it's being ****ed with to much shit fighting and crap.

who is upsetting you Goughy? tell me and I will smack em. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, goughy said:

Is going on with all the bullshit lately, ****ing having to one up others, put others down, abuse people, make them feel lesser, and the shit that's going on here lately.  This is my safe place and it's being ****ed with to much shit fighting and crap.

I have a lot of people blocked and it just makes the place more pleasant.  I don't block without careful consideration, you need to say or do something stupid or nasty, but there's no shortage of people doing that :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trinube said:

I have a lot of people blocked and it just makes the place more pleasant.  I don't block without careful consideration, you need to say or do something stupid or nasty, but there's no shortage of people doing that :lol:

I hope you’ve blocked me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife reminded me last night to try and live by my motto of being kind. I think I failed in the 24 hours to do that. Message reestablished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Peter said:

I hope you’ve blocked me 

I’m going to start blocking me.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Prince said:

who is upsetting you Goughy? tell me and I will smack em. 

Me too!! 🤜

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

- discussions based on facts and logic have been replaced by arguments based on unearned moral superiority 

Yep this. I love fact checkinng ppl & their bullshit comments. That's why I have a go at the Ass Puppet all the time.

"I won my age group for the 15th time" - yep because you were the only one in your age group.

"The water is always murky" - yep you would know because u live in Brisbane & see the water at Palm Colve Every day

"Get up earlier" Claims to work all day blah, blah, blah & then posts a 2hr ride, coffee etc that all gets done in 90min

 

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.  That's why I struggle with politics so much. I would love a website that just list the truth about both sides of politics.

Or a political party to come out & say

"if you're young, lazy & don't want to work, vote for us we will tax the guy working 60hr a week more so we can increase the dole so u can buy a new games console"

or

"if your working ya ass off for 60hrs a week, vote for us we will cut tax rates & lower the the dole, so lazy pricks have to get a job"

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

Yep this. I love fact checkinng ppl & their bullshit comments. That's why I have a go at the Ass Puppet all the time.

"I won my age group for the 15th time" - yep because you were the only one in your age group.

"The water is always murky" - yep you would know because u live in Brisbane & see the water at Palm Colve Every day

"Get up earlier" Claims to work all day blah, blah, blah & then posts a 2hr ride, coffee etc that all gets done in 90min

You know what Goughy, I am with Bored@ 

I just get sick of people telling big fat lies.

The below is an example. 

AP 100% sets AM and PM sessions for his athletes. I've seen programs. 

You might be happy for people to tell you lies and you just sit at your desk and believe the fake news they spin, but I'm not that type of person. 

On 29/05/2019 at 3:02 PM, AP said:

This is clearly the answer but he doesn't want this answer - he wants you to sympathise with him 

I rarely set evening sessions for athletes - maybe a bit of core work or stretching - I would set morning only sessions 95% of the time - it allows as "normal a family life as possible" in the evenings

If you want the prize you will get up early - like they say about the early bird 😏 

AP completely PUT DOWN @Toolish as well with his lies.   I can handle the attacks on me and not phased one bit, but Toolish was honestly seeking help and AP was a liar and a prick to him.

On 29/05/2019 at 3:02 PM, AP said:

This is clearly the answer but he doesn't want this answer - he wants you to sympathise with him 

I rarely set evening sessions for athletes - maybe a bit of core work or stretching - I would set morning only sessions 95% of the time - it allows as "normal a family life as possible" in the evenings

If you want the prize you will get up early - like they say about the early bird 😏 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Or a political party to come out & say

"if you're young, lazy & don't want to work, vote for us we will tax the guy working 60hr a week more so we can increase the dole so u can buy a new games console"

 

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez has done that already 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been pretty hard on myself lately so have given a self uppercut.

FM

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't blocked anyone, I just don't come to the site as often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 6:14 PM, Prince said:

who is upsetting you Goughy? tell me and I will smack em. 

 

On ‎6‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 6:35 AM, Cranky said:

Me too!! 🤜

Yeah, me too!!  Unless of course it's me who's upsetting you, in which case I'll give myself an uppercut.

But in all seriousness Goughy, if it's me who's upsetting you or you think is blueing with someone else then don't sweat it.  There's not too many people on this site that I wouldn't be happy to have a drink or share a donut with.  They may not feel the same way about me, but that's their problem, not mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, softy said:

I haven't blocked anyone, I just don't come to the site as often.

Me neither.  You get fairly thick skinned after a while, but sometimes you've just got to take a break from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Go Easy said:

There's not too many people on this site that I wouldn't be happy to have a drink or share a donut with.  They may not feel the same way about me, but that's their problem, not mine.

The most important people to have a coffee with are those that don't share your opinions. Tim Minchin said it very well in one of his famous addresses: Opinions are like arseholes, we all have them. But unlike arseholes they should regularly be taken out and inspected. Be hard on your opinions."

The best way to do that is to talk to people who have different ones. You tend to find that there's a lot more that unites us than divides us and sometimes you change your opinion.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all for conversing with those with differing opinions, I draw the line at supporting or standing by while those trying to get back at a 'bully' by becoming a bigger bully.  In the end all we are left with are a bunch of bullies and a poorer community

The same individual that took a break for stalking other members and then had to take a long break until it all 'blew' over.  Only showing themselves again when they felt it was safe not to have their noggin knocked off after being found out

I'm not saying anyone is faultless in this, but spare us the 'he did this first'.  Most people got past that in kinder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

 I draw the line at supporting or standing by while those trying to get back at a 'bully' by becoming a bigger bully.  In the end all we are left with are a bunch of bullies and a poorer community

What's the saying

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cottoneyes said:

I'm all for conversing with those with differing opinions, I draw the line at supporting or standing by while those trying to get back at a 'bully' by becoming a bigger bully.  In the end all we are left with are a bunch of bullies and a poorer community

And by the same token, people try to shut down people they disagree with by accusing them of being poorly motivated and/or morally deficient 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

I'm all for conversing with those with differing opinions, I draw the line at supporting or standing by while those trying to get back at a 'bully' by becoming a bigger bully.  In the end all we are left with are a bunch of bullies and a poorer community

The same individual that took a break for stalking other members and then had to take a long break until it all 'blew' over.  Only showing themselves again when they felt it was safe not to have their noggin knocked off after being found out

I'm not saying anyone is faultless in this, but spare us the 'he did this first'.  Most people got past that in kinder

Oh please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:11 AM, goughy said:

Is going on with all the bullshit lately, ****ing having to one up others, put others down, abuse people, make them feel lesser, and the shit that's going on here lately.  This is my safe place and it's being ****ed with to much shit fighting and crap.

First post. Where better to start than this thread? So...I'm not sure how civil things were on here in years gone by, but it certainly doesn't seem a bad as some other tri forums. Plenty of people who have an interest in the sport...some people with the right intentions but perhaps not the best communication skills, and a few exceptions who probably like to put stray cats in bins in their spare time. So, a good cross section of society.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/06/2019 at 2:55 PM, monkie said:

The most important people to have a coffee with are those that don't share your opinions. Tim Minchin said it very well in one of his famous addresses: Opinions are like arseholes, we all have them. But unlike arseholes they should regularly be taken out and inspected. Be hard on your opinions."

The best way to do that is to talk to people who have different ones. You tend to find that there's a lot more that unites us than divides us and sometimes you change your opinion.

This is very true. You've probably guessed that my views don't align with yours on some things (and do on others) but that doesn't mean I'm  not really looking forward to catching up with at races and sharing a brew. One thing to consider, maybe the person you are talking with did have a different opinion before and their opinion has already been changed.

I don't think I've been hard wired to one way of thinking or the other.  In politics I sway both sides of the line depending on the topic being discussed. This whole 'with us or against us' never really lands well on either side.

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

I'm all for conversing with those with differing opinions, I draw the line at supporting or standing by while those trying to get back at a 'bully' by becoming a bigger bully.  In the end all we are left with are a bunch of bullies and a poorer community

The same individual that took a break for stalking other members and then had to take a long break until it all 'blew' over.  Only showing themselves again when they felt it was safe not to have their noggin knocked off after being found out

I'm not saying anyone is faultless in this, but spare us the 'he did this first'.  Most people got past that in kinder

did we just merge two people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Donokourov said:

but it certainly doesn't seem a bad as some other tri forums.

Welcome. There are others ???

FM

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...