Katz

Powertap G3 Wheelset

13 minutes ago, Katz said:

About to pull the trigger on this.....

https://www.wiggle.com.au/powertap-dt-swiss-r460-alloy-wheelset-inc-wheelbags/

Thoughts? Comments? Experiences?

I still think my Powertap was the best I have used... see if you can get a wheel cover for the rear wheel and it can be used to race on a swell.... 

• Like 1

Powertap hubs are good. But you're stuck with those wheels if you want power when racing.  The F3 has been around for ages and works. Do note that warranty will be a PITA from wiggle as well (it won't get done in AUS anymore)

Pedal and/or crank based are better because you're not going to want to change either of those thing when racing.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I have vectors on the TT bike. This is just for training/commuting on the roadie.

I bought a G3 powertap rear wheel second hand a few years ago. It has been rock solid. No problems, it just works.

The only PITA is the battery removal tool. Only because I keep loosing mine 😀   I have just ordered another one.

• Like 1

Great feedback and just what I wanted to hear as it is currently on its way. :)

Wheelset arrived last week and went on the bike yesterday (thanks Stikman). It did it's first morning commute today and was just lovely. I can see now the combination of live strava segments on the 530 plus power is going to make things interesting. 

Now I have the shifters replaced (thanks Roxii), the 530 and the powertap, I suddenly don't feel as though I need a new bike anymore! Yep, I said it!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Katz said:

Wheelset arrived last week and went on the bike yesterday (thanks Stikman). It did it's first morning commute today and was just lovely. I can see now the combination of live strava segments on the 530 plus power is going to make things interesting. 

Now I have the shifters replaced (thanks Roxii), the 530 and the powertap, I suddenly don't feel as though I need a new bike anymore! Yep, I said it!

wash your mouth out!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Katz said:

I need a new bike

Yep, you said it! 

(But it's not about need anyway.....)

• Haha 2

Katz you must be a bit poorly. Maybe you need a nice cuppa & put your feet up for 10 mins. Then you'll be able think about your new bike 😉

• Haha 1