Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Has Jan Validated yet?

29 minutes ago, Peter said:

Whats he up too?

won 70.3 yesterday and I assume he will be part of the german contingent at IM frankfurt... if he only has to complete it, rather than smash it/win it..

All he's done lately is **** with Sanders head 

When he's done messing with him he'll roll around Frankfurt and take the win. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, willie said:

Where do you follow him.  Other than the odd photo on insta I read nothing from him

4 hours ago, Peter said:

Where do you follow him.  Other than the odd photo on insta I read nothing from him

He's probably blocked you.

5 hours ago, willie said:

He needs to be a starter before he plays with people heads. Where was he these last two years. 

Jan or Sanders?

Pretty sure Jan won a fair bit before getting injured last year... 

Sanders? I don't know and really don't care. Can't stand him. 

16 hours ago, willie said:

Why?  Sanders won't even start Kona this year. Probably won't ever again.

10 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

He needs to be a starter before he plays with people heads. Where was he these last two years. 

3 hours ago, willie said:

Jan or Sanders?

Pretty sure Jan won a fair bit before getting injured last year... 

Jan. (I assume)

He can't win kona again.  Starting it would slightly increase those odds however.

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

Not a fan... but why wont he ever rave Kona again.

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

Not a fan... but why wont he ever rave Kona again.

I just think he doesn't have it for Kona.

Then again I don't think Lange is that impressive either and if he wins this year he will be in a select club of repeat champions.

I don't think Jan has the DRIVE to win at any cost.  He has won it.  Got heaps of cash. Nothing to prove.

Whereas some of the top new guys would almost kill themselves to win Kona. Jan simply doesnt have to do that.

21 minutes ago, Peter said:

I just think he doesn't have it for Kona.

Then again I don't think Lange is that impressive either and if he wins this year he will be in a select club of repeat champions.

I don't think Jan has the DRIVE to win at any cost.  He has won it.  Got heaps of cash. Nothing to prove.

Whereas some of the top new guys would almost kill themselves to win Kona. Jan simply doesnt have to do that.

That's pretty right - it takes so much to get there at that level - it has such a huge emotional cost to get up to the physical level to win, then to dig so deep on the day - it takes a huge effort to repeat all that again and again - these guys are humans too 

Just look at the number of age groupers have trouble reaching their own expectations - or even performing up to the level that their training suggested they were capable of

Burnout is generally emotional more than it is physical 💖

49 minutes ago, Peter said:

He's got his eyes set on Kona he's not going there to make up numbers... He can still win it and I wouldn't be doubting him either. 

Crowie didn't need to go back and win a third time, he wanted to and found a way to do it 

Maybe what Jan needs to do is just do the roll around validation, instead of trying to break records every time he races?

1 minute ago, goughy said:

Maybe what Jan needs to do is just do the roll around validation, instead of trying to break records every time he races?

Yer I agree, I was surprised to see him on the start list for 70.3 worlds again after how that played out last year for his Kona.

10 minutes ago, willie said:

He's got his eyes set on Kona he's not going there to make up numbers... He can still win it and I wouldn't be doubting him either. 

Crowie didn't need to go back and win a third time, he wanted to and found a way to do it 

I agree he isn't going to make up numbers.  But I just don't believe he can win again.

Jan is not Crowie. 

Jan’s 70.3 WC win last year was the triathlon performance of the year, maybe even last 5 years. I cannot see how you can say he does not have the drive. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bosco said:

Jan’s 70.3 WC win last year was the triathlon performance of the year, maybe even last 5 years. I cannot see how you can say he does not have the drive. 

For Kona. 

he will probably win another 5-6 Ironmans and another 40 x 70.3 

Kona is next level.  For once I'm with AP

I hope he makes you and AP eat your words. 

There's nothing to suggest he's not got the drive, that he's not capable so I have no idea where this is coming from. 

He's still got the runs on the board and form/fitness (going off recent races like the one mentioned last year) and more recently a couple this year. 

So do you know something we don't? 

7 minutes ago, willie said:

So do you know something we don't? 

Just seen it before.  Not many previous winners have the ability to come back and win again after a few years not performing. (at kona)

Especially after having a family.

He has some great sponsors.  Given Merc cars, cash, bikes, bonus payments, paid to turn up and just roll round, flights, etc... I just don't think he is hungry enough anymore. He has no need to be hungry at Kona. Roth would probably offer him 50K just to show up. Many more $$$$

3 hours ago, willie said:

Actually he did. He wanted to out do Macca. He did it and at the same time shove the course record up Macca's backside.

Nooone really talks about Macca anymore except for this forum. :(

He's on today's imtalk ep.

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

Nooone really talks about Macca anymore except for this forum. :(

Yeah fame doesn't last indefinitely - Macca is smart - he has set himself up better than 98% of pro triathletes 😎

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AP said:

Yeah fame doesn't last indefinitely - Macca is smart - he has set himself up better than 98% of pro triathletes 😎

Who’s at 99%?

i can’t see one former pro triathlete doing better than macca.

He is the king. 

Id say Greg Welch would be number 2 on post race success. 

Macca new how to sell Macca.

I'd say the 2% above Macca would contain Dave Scott - Mark Allen - Welshy - Paula - Fernanda - Jan if you can count him in while still competing 💖

3 hours ago, Peter said:

Just seen it before.  Not many previous winners have the ability to come back and win again after a few years not performing. (at kona)

Especially after having a family.

He has some great sponsors.  Given Merc cars, cash, bikes, bonus payments, paid to turn up and just roll round, flights, etc... I just don't think he is hungry enough anymore. He has no need to be hungry at Kona. Roth would probably offer him 50K just to show up. Many more $$$$

I have to agree. When the income plan for the next 3-5 years is in a six fig range and he doesn't have to go to Kona to keep his sponsors, then he won't go. He has a nice lifestyle, young family and between him and Emma, the pool room in their house is pretty full of trophys and medals. He will leave Kona for those that need it.

BTW Peter, Macca is chubbing up a little. Soon he will have as many chins as you, mate. 

Macca is already bigger than me.  Richer too.  

On 04/06/2019 at 12:00 PM, Peter said:

I agree he isn't going to make up numbers.  But I just don't believe he can win again.

Jan is not Crowie. 

He might get lucky with the fast guys getting Injured or sick. It happened in 2012 so it could happen again.

2 hours ago, Bored@work said:

He might get lucky with the fast guys getting Injured or sick. It happened in 2012 so it could happen again.

Emma said he wants to finish looking fresh and winning isn’t a priority. 

3 hours ago, Peter said:

Emma said he wants to finish looking fresh and winning isn’t a priority. 

Reverse psychology!

The guy systematically dominated each of his rivals last year until injury. He smashed Lionel armoceanside, Lange in Germany, AB and Gomez the Worlds. He targeted athletes and smashed each and every one.

Why anyone thinks he is lacking drive or speed with recent performances like that is beyond me.

On 04/06/2019 at 9:26 AM, Peter said:

Jan. (I assume)

He can't win kona again.  Starting it would slightly increase those odds however.

he is the greatest ever and will win

1 hour ago, The new guy said:

The guy systematically dominated each of his rivals last year until injury. He smashed Lionel armoceanside, Lange in Germany, AB and Gomez the Worlds. He targeted athletes and smashed each and every one.

Why anyone thinks he is lacking drive or speed with recent performances like that is beyond me.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. But don't let the truth get in the way of an armchair expert turned keyboard warrior. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

Yeah my thoughts exactly. But don't let the truth get in the way of an armchair expert turned keyboard warrior. 

Well when the tipping the winner of Kona 2019 thread starts I know who you guys will be tipping for the win. But I won't be tipping Jan

Edited by Peter

13 hours ago, The new guy said:

This. If he’s not injured - either in his prep or on race day - he still wins.