Sign in to follow this  
Peter

The commando is doing Roth

Mr Michelle Bridges aka Steve is entered to do Roth.  His first long course tri (ironman). 

Hmm 

Hahahaha, he'll make my long course racing look better than it wasn't. 

There will be a few instascam stars that will get into it soon

Has Mat Roger done a triathlon? I've seen him post a few things on social media about zwift and Ironman

8 minutes ago, Limited said:

Has Mat Roger done a triathlon? I've seen him post a few things on social media about zwift and Ironman

Yeah he has done several Ironmans

From memory he is around the 11hr mark.

Edited by Peter

25 minutes ago, Limited said:

Heaps.

49 minutes ago, Limited said:

Yeah he goes well too.  He did Byron Bay the other week in 2:15, not too shabby for 40-44.  Always has a grin on his face.

Not as big as you'd expect for an ex-RU/NRL player, probably slimmed down a bit since taking up tris.

11 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Yeah he goes well too.  He did Byron Bay the other week in 2:15, not too shabby for 40-44.  Always has a grin on his face.

Not as big as you'd expect for an ex-RU/NRL player, probably slimmed down a bit since taking up tris.

Always been reasonably lean, but yeah reckon he's lost 10kg since quitting rugby. Saw him in Busso last year.

I’m surprised his knees are able to handle his Ironmans and marathons after a long career of rugby league and union.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Yeah he has done several Ironmans

From memory he is around the 11hr mark.

Busso 2012 in 11:02.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Matty Rogers and former Newcastle player, Robby O'Davis have a bit of ongoing banter amongst themselves over ironman and triathlon results. Robby has done a few ironman races and quite a few shorter Races as well. Both have shed the bulk from their playing days. 

As for the commando doing Roth. He can swim and run ok but the bike will find him out. That's if he does the whole race. Can't fault him for putting it on the line for charity fund raising reasons. 

4 hours ago, Limited said:

Ha. There you go. Always looked like a fit bugger 

And remember when these guys go and do stuff like this they don’t just go and train like the rest of us. Because of the celebrity status they often get the best coaches and given the best equipment and somehow suddenly start training with these guns who want to be associated with there journey. And many of these people don’t really work like the rest of us........ so they in theory should be smashing it.

Anyway... the sport needs any promotion it can get. Good on them.

I got kicked out of Divinity at boarding school for asking the chaplain did he think Matty's father (Steve Rogers) was God, cos I was pretty sure he was.

Is this the same charity thing they did last year with Luke (or Ash?) Bradnam, Ben Hannant, and maybe Rogers' wife? Pretty sure Matt Rogers was involved with it.

No surprise he and Commando are both involved. They had a solid bromance going on Survivor last year and both seem like good blokes.

2 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

I got kicked out of Divinity at boarding school for asking the chaplain did he think Matty's father (Steve Rogers) was God, cos I was pretty sure he was.

It always got me how Steve played for NSW when his first season of Senior Grade Football was for Southport on the Gold Coast.

1 hour ago, bRace said:

Is this the same charity thing they did last year with Luke (or Ash?) Bradnam, Ben Hannant, and maybe Rogers' wife? Pretty sure Matt Rogers was involved with it.

No surprise he and Commando are both involved. They had a solid bromance going on Survivor last year and both seem like good blokes.

Yeah. It was on Kayo last weekend.  Last years.  Was farking boring.  I stopped watching. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bRace said:

Yep that's it. Chloe Maxwell was in it too. 

24 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Yep that's it. Chloe Maxwell was in it too. 

That's right. I knew it was Mrs Matt Rogers, but couldn't remember her actual name.

3 hours ago, Slowlane said:

Mat entered Roth last year but had to withdraw because he got the Survivor gig.

Soft. Though it was a good gig....... 

thats why I can’t enter the normal Australian Survivor. They film from April.

Port wins every time.