goughy

What's for dinner tonight???

Tonight it's my fav;  Chicken, bacon and cauliflower Mac and Cheese!

Dice 250g bacon and one onion and fry it up.  Shred the chicken off on bbq chook and add it when the bacon and onion is about ready, just to heat it up fresh.

Boil some salty water in a big pot, then add macaroni and about half a cauliflower which has been broken down into little florettes.  In a metal bowl, or a small saucepan like me, put 250g lite sour cream, 125g grated Parmesan and 250g grated tasty cheese.  Sit that in the macaroni pot to gently melt the cheeses, stirring until it's nice and smooth.  Add some chopped up parsley (not coriander) to the cheese and stir in.  When the mac is ready, strain it and the cauliflower then tip it into an oven dish.  Stir through the bacon, chicken and onion, then stir through about 2/3's of the cheese.  Then pour the rest of the cheese over the top and smooth it over, then sprinkle more parsley (not coriander) over the top.  Put it under the griller in the oven (I stick it about half way down) until the top is browning nicely.

Devour.

What's up at yours? 

• Like 2

Steak, sweet potato and beans. Finished off with some killer blueberry yoghurt.

The missus can tell you how she did it. :unsure:

Chicken schnitzels (oven baked), mashed spuds, nuked steam veg pack.

• Like 1

Steak, with salad. Simple, but yummy.

Breakfast however, bacon, mushroom, egg, tomato, garlic & spinach, made into a lasagna type dish using bread instead of pasta. I didn't need lunch.

We are going to Mum's for a few days. Neither of us could give a toss what's for dinner, all we know is that we don't have to cook it. :toot:

Edited by FatPom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yesterday was a Sunday so it had to be a roast. Pork belly won the competition this time around. Was ace.

• Like 1

Great thread! Thanks. We have the same few dishes all the time. I'm not very adventurous at all. I would eat the same thing 5 days in a row if need be but the rest of the family like to mix it up. Mind you, whenever I try something new, I usually kill it :(

2 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Mind you, whenever I try something new, I usually kill it :(

If it's animal based that's probably a good start

• Haha 3

I'll ask my wife!

seriously I would have to ask her as she doesn't like my cooking or how i use/leave the kitchen

I'm generally allowed to use my coffee machine and the tap for water, if i put the dishes in the dishwasher so she can move them to the correct spot in the dishwasher. I allowed to take the rubbish out, but the bins will be rearranged once i have put them away.

• Haha 1

Chicken thing I chucked in the slow cooker at lunchtime with garlic tumeric and veggies....over  being sick hopefully this helps

20190528_160243.jpg

7 hours ago, Cranky said:

Great thread! Thanks. We have the same few dishes all the time. I'm not very adventurous at all. I would eat the same thing 5 days in a row if need be but the rest of the family like to mix it up. Mind you, whenever I try something new, I usually kill it :(

I could eat spag bol every night!  Sadly everyone else is a bit sick of it.  Sad for them, cause I do the cooking so they can eat what ever I bloody feel like!

And had leftovers of my Mac and cheese the last two nights.

• Like 1

My wife just sent me this. Corned Silverside with roast veges tonight. One of my favourites.

image.thumb.png.4d96cbcc8becdd89670043babafcc084.png

*adds silverside to Woolies shopping cart*

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

My wife just sent me this. Corned Silverside with roast veges tonight. One of my favourites.

2 hours ago, Katz said:

*adds silverside to Woolies shopping cart*

Skip the potatoes right...? 😁

Just now, pieman said:

Skip the potatoes right...? 😁

No way. Mashed spuds, peas and cheese sauce with carrots which have been cooked in the water.

• Like 1

Hospital food tonight!  I don't have to cook or collect; it's a treat!  Big difference from public this private hospital stuff.  Basically a room service menu with tonnes of options, prepared when ordered!  Now I know why my wife wanted to keep our PHC!

Daughter made the kids dinner, I cooked the fish, red throat emperor for them.  Coronation trout for me

F7A19D3A-5857-4DD3-87F6-73E5C193F2DC.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, KieranR said:

Fresh callummari for me today, first cast of the day.  Might cook it on the fire

E376973C-F2C6-43AE-9A1D-946DB5DADA1F.jpeg

So that's what calamari looks like in real life. I think I can see a tail... I guess there is a tube straight down the middle of them. :)

32 minutes ago, flathead said:

So that's what calamari looks like in real life. I think I can see a tail... I guess there is a tube straight down the middle of them. :)

Is it the older or younger ones that grow the crumbs on the outside? 

• Haha 3

Yesterday was our 15th wedding anniversary so we went out to a nice country pub for dinner. Sea Bass risotto for Mrs FP, sausage and mash for Flipper and Lasagne for me .

( Can I claim carb loading 10 days before a race? :whistling:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flathead said:

Yeah put hand down behind the head and reach all the way down then pull out everything including the feather (spine) put all the head and tentacles in the freezer for a reef trip because they make great red empires bait.  Throw the ink sack in the bin.  Then pull the membrane off and that will pull the wings off also, then you are left with just the tube, turn it inside out, clean that and then cut however you want ( rings and strips we do), crumb, fry, eat.

Cauliflower Dahl with homemade naan and corn on the cob. Leftover homemade apple pie from yesterday for afters.

On 29/05/2019 at 12:27 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Oh dear....... I just can’t do corned silverside.

10 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Nup, me either. 

And don't get me started on "white sauce" 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cranky said:

'Gasp' at you two!!

We aren't living in the depression any more Cranky. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

2 hours ago, roxii said:

Nup, me either. 

And don't get me started on "white sauce" 

There is something very, very wrong with you two.

• Like 3

The only two sports my wife likes are car smashes @ the Bathurst 1000 and Judge Judy. Interestingly, she has been on a broad ketogenic diet for the past four months. She has lost some weight and her health markers are getting better, except for her cholesterol. She is now monitoring and playing with the fat intake as she had her gall bladder out 20 years ago. We may have to adjust slightly.

Anyway..... we have moved away from rice, pasta etc. So last night was chicken, vegetables and cauliflower rice .All taste great. Tonight is spaghetti bolognese. No pasta sauce - she uses low carb tomatoes; no spaghetti - she uses zucchini spirals. I have got quite used to them now.

Dessert is home-made yogurt with blueberries and raspberries. Nuts for supper (not me - the food type).

FM

3 hours ago, Flanman said:

Tonight is spaghetti bolognese. No pasta sauce - she uses low carb tomatoes; no spaghetti - she uses zucchini spirals. I have got quite used to them now.

Dessert is home-made yogurt with blueberries and raspberries. Nuts for supper (not me - the food type).

FM

You can get low carb tomatoes?

On 05/07/2019 at 2:18 PM, Wronggenes said:

You can get low carb tomatoes?

These are the lowest carb tomatoes I can find. From Woolies. 3.9 g per 100 

FM

5ED5C7A0-54A0-4F09-9847-D0B04875975F.jpeg

Lots of options from the kitchen today. 

2435AD6E-C2D3-4A66-9948-A213ADA64DA2.jpeg

1927E577-A80C-4236-8993-3288A6A0BB7A.jpeg

593FC92A-C374-4716-8B20-0078B71A4988.jpeg

4582A217-A577-4097-BD8C-0C555E71C10D.jpeg

C409413A-97B6-4A88-8484-28995E70D4C5.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Look! I cooked! Lol...

20190713_170948.jpg

Long ride tomorrow?

22 hours ago, KieranR said:

Might have some coral trout from this arvos trip out in the tinny 

Now your just showing off. Bloody love coral trout.:eat:

FM

Just got back (yes 1am) from a fish trip this arvo and got off the water at 10pm, few more decent trout today, and some nice blue line  emporer boated, lost a few unstoppable after the sun went down.  Can back to beach and cooked a few of the smaller fish on the fire and had a feed between the three of us.  Apparently there was an earthquake up the road today.  

62B20A1D-8160-4D2A-8193-297328F0A551.jpeg

313749C7-76C7-4D7C-BF0E-0A96F7FB4243.jpeg

F7456F0A-F9E4-4D05-AD61-531EF609DE1A.jpeg

C28458CB-B34C-4D20-8287-B27531A1B993.jpeg

81FEBF03-F09B-49D3-9B71-6C7F7CE4794D.jpeg

• Like 3

Not dinner but breakfast today was the skin off the trout, sliced up into chips, shallow fried for a minute and eaten, the kids, wife, Labrador and I all loved them, first time I’ve done that and it was so good, no more trout skins will be wasted from now on

0DC33DB4-3344-424D-9275-5384AE2B1918.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Tyno said:

You can keep that one K!

People probably say the same thing about pig skin. Then you tell them it's crackling. :)

Went for a quick shore dive before I had to get the kids from school! Bluebone swam past as I was bobbing around doing some breathing exercises. Pulled the trigger on the speargun, fish has just been eaten for dinner.  Can’t really get more fresh than that.  Shot two in 20 minutes.  Packed up and went and got the kids

916D7FC3-0680-4B45-AECF-72509852DA56.jpeg