monkie

Monday Brisbane Run

Hey gang,

I'm starting a tour of Australia and NZ as part of the FINSIA Road Show on Monday. First session is Tuesday in Brisbane. 

Firstly, would anyone be around for a trot at lunch time?

If not then I am looking for advice about somewhere quite flat for a run... the plan is 20mins at about 4:00/km so not a long one... I'm thinking the boardwalk but I was last on it about two years ago... has it changed much?

Monkie

If you're in/near the CBD, then Coronation Dve Bike/run path down to Regatta Hotel is dead flat, on the river, and about the right distance. Otherwise, from Kurilpa Park (next to GOMA) along the river, round to West End. A lot of this is on a closed road and then on a path. Plenty of room to move, flat and by the river. Popular run squad training location.

Yep go along the footpath on Coronation drive - if you’re CBD side just go through the botanical gardens and stay north side of the river. There’s some diversions for a couple of hundred meters but then back onto the river path. If you’re around Southbank just head over any of the bridges and turn left. 

Agree. The bike/walk path on the city side of the river. Either up to the Regatta along Coro drive or down to the gardens. Can't beat it for a nice flat run, and the segregation of pedestrians & bikes makes it all the more enjoyable.

37 minutes ago, Tyno said:

20 min I could do. 4 min km I can’t do. 

Get a Lime

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tyno said:

20 min I could do. 4 min km I can’t do. 

Well not with THAT attitude you can't 😋

• Haha 2

Alternatively you can head from the city towards New Farm. That's flat as well and the Boardwalk that got flooded in 2011 has been rebuilt. Or you can head from New Farm towards the Port of Brisbane. They've just done up the cycle / run path along Brisbane River there along Kingsford Smith Drive. It's nice and flat.

3 hours ago, Cranky said:

Alternatively you can head from the city towards New Farm. That's flat as well and the Boardwalk that got flooded in 2011 has been rebuilt. Or you can head from New Farm towards the Port of Brisbane. They've just done up the cycle / run path along Brisbane River there along Kingsford Smith Drive. It's nice and flat.

He was running yesterday :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AA7 said:

He was running yesterday :)

Doesn't matter Crank, I'm currently booking a trip up there later in the year and was looking at a hotel in Hamilton, you sold it to me to book there.  Just need to figure out the closest park run and how to get there now

26 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

Doesn't matter Crank, I'm currently booking a trip up there later in the year and was looking at a hotel in Hamilton, you sold it to me to book there.  Just need to figure out the closest park run and how to get there now

New Farm Park is probably close enough. It's quite a popular one, dead flat and follows the river, and a Trannie on here is one of the Run Directors.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

New Farm Park is probably close enough. It's quite a popular one, dead flat and follows the river, and a Trannie on here is one of the Run Directors.

Who's that? 

Hey Monkie, I am a affiliate of Finsia (well their previous name of the Security Institute of Australia). I did a few lectures for them. 

FM

Edited by Flanman

Monkie were you in a Sunny Coast 70.3 shirt with a visor and AirPods going over the Kurilpa bridge?

18 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Actually those tiny little rises don't seem dead flat when you're feeling yourself like you're about to die! But, yes, it's mostly flat! :)

On 29/05/2019 at 10:47 AM, Tyno said:

Monkie were you in a Sunny Coast 70.3 shirt with a visor and AirPods going over the Kurilpa bridge?

Not me :)

I was proudly rocking a Corporate Tri t-shirt, never run with a visor and can't be trusted with AirPods ;)